GT Sport GT Sport May Update, Le Mans and New Cars Released

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport 1.jpg GT Sport 2.jpg GT Sport 3.jpg GT Sport 4.jpg GT Sport 5.jpg GT Sport 6.jpg GT Sport 7.jpg GT Sport 8.jpg GT Sport 9.jpg GT Sport 10.jpg
A new batch of new cars, features and Le Mans has been added to PlayStation exclusive racing game Gran Turismo Sport.

Keeping up the tradition of regularly updating and expanding this ambitious new entry into the long running and much loved Gran Turismo franchise, the May GT Sport update is most certainly not light on either content or improvements - with much effort obviously having been expended on bringing some very welcome improvements to what is rapidly becoming a very complete feeling console racing title.

Firstly, what cars are included in the new update? Well we've got content from the 1960's thanks to the road going FIAT 500 and on the more exotic scale the Lamborghini Miura P400. Going into a more performance orientated theme we have the classic Jaguar XJR-9 of late 80's Le Mans fame, all the way up to a recent couple of cars from the Renault marque. The full list can be seen below:

GT Sport May Update Car List
  • 1968 Fiat 500 F (N100)
  • 1988 Jaguar XJR-9 (Gr.1)
  • 1967 Lamborghini Miura P400 Bertone Prototype CN.0706 (N400)
  • 1989 Sauber Mercedes C9 (Gr.1)
  • 1996 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IV GSR (N300)
  • 1992 Nissan R92CP (Gr.1)
  • 2011 Renault Sport Megane Trophy (Gr.4)
  • 2016 Renault Sport Clio R.S. 220 EDC Trophy (N200)
  • 2015 Subaru BRZ S (N200)
As well as cars, the update also adds a very welcomed new real world racing location in the form of the Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe track, one of the singularly most popular and well known race tracks in the motorsport world. As an added bonus, Polyphony have also included a no chicane version of Le Mans, for those interested in maxing out the top speed of their in game machines!

The full update notes can be seen below:

Campaign Mode
The following events have been added to the “GT League”:
  • Beginner League "Group 4 Cup"
  • Amateur League "World Hatchback Championship"
  • Professional League "Lamborghini Cup"
  • "Clio Cup" Rounds 4 and 5
  • "FR Challenge+" Rounds 4 and 5
  • "F1500 Championship" Rounds 4 and 5
  • "Gr.1 Prototype Endurance Series" Round 2
"Dragon Trail Gardens" has been added to the "Circuit Experience".

Scapes
Additional Scenes have been added to the special featured ‘Le Mans’ section.

Brand Central
  • Museum has been added to Dodge;
  • Additional Scapes Scenes have been added to Porsche.
Sport Mode
Player's Registration Details are now required when playing in "Sport" mode. Please fill in the registration form displayed on screen when selecting "Sport" mode. The content of the registration form is as follows:
  • Contact email address
  • First Locale: Your State/prefecture of residence
  • Second Locale: Your city/town/village of residence
Local Rankings, based on your place of residence, are now displayed:
  • Local Ranking (First Locale): The registered state/prefecture.
  • Local Ranking (Second Locale): The registered city/town/village (
  • Local Ranking (Second Locale/by Age Group):
  • The former "World Rankings" category has been renamed "Region Rankings".
Lobby
The maximum multiplier of "Tire Wear" and "Fuel Consumption" in the [Event Settings] screen has been increased from "10x" to "30x".

Arcade Mode
In "Time Trial," the default value for the "Shortcut Penalty" option in the [Penalty Settings] screen has been changed from "Weak" to "None".

GT Menu
The "Sport Mode Registration Information" option has been added to the [Options] menu under the "General" tab. It is possible to change your contact email address and locale information registered in Sport Mode here. (The age displayed will be based on the birthday registered on the PlayStation™Network account in use.)

Other Improvements and Adjustments
  • An issue wherein after Update 1.18 the neutral position on the Thrustmaster®TH8A shifter was not being applied properly has been fixed.
  • A maximum number of 2000 cars can now be placed in the "Garage."
  • An issue wherein the volume adjustment for items such as ‘Player Engine Sound’ in [Sound Volume] was not being reflected properly has been fixed;
  • Various other issues have been addressed.

GT Sport is available exclusively for Sony PlayStation 4.

Check out the Grand Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the hugely popular PlayStation 4 racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

What are your impressions of the new GT Sport update? Do you like the new car pack? Let us know in the comments section below!

I must say, the level of detail in this game, is absolutely amazing, makes pc2 feel dated.

LOL if it makes PC2 look dated then it must make the other sims look far worse!!

PD have always been amazing at the look though, I spent ages watching replays back in the day. Shame the SP aspect of GTS is bunk.

aha Mr omanruk disgareeing again with no comment to explain I see......so what other games looks better than PC2 then? I mean on one hand you have people slagging PC2 off for just being eye candy and then there's you who think it's not all that......personally I like the compromise SMS made, better graphics than AMS/RF2/R3E and arguably AC (that's hard to call) but much better physics than Forza and GT.

Last edited:
I abandoned PD after GT 5. Was a loyal customer since 1997. Online sim racing grabbed my attention and I never looked back. GTS has brought me back. It lacks in the sim elements, but it is just incredibly enjoyable to race and compete. Kudos to Kaz for taking such a big risk on a Sony console exclusive. I am addicted.

Wow...those screen shots look absolutely superb....unfortunately those alone will not get me back onto the console....can not afford to have both PC and Console...besides I love my Triple Screen set up on my PC...lol

In hindsight, GT Sport was clearly unfinished on release, and deserved every criticism it got. The updates have been slowly but surely turning it into a worthy entry in the series since then. Essentially this generations equivalent of GT3, a game that cut back on the cars and tracks, but greatly improved the quality of what was left.

Your mileage may vary on whether or not the game as of 1.19 lives up to the old classics, but I think it's definitely a step in the right direction. It's just a shame that history will label it a '75/100' because it was released in October instead of say, December when GT League was included again.

Yes, that is true. According to Kazunori, they sacrificed dynamic time and weather for performance reasons. Note that GT5 and especially 6 had framerate issues, whilst Sport (almost) never dips below 60. Regardless, it is sad to see that feature go.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back