GT Sport GT Sport | Latest Update Adds Three New Cars

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport has been updated once again - and new cars are here!

Yes, another build release for Gran Turismo Sport is in the wild, available for PlayStation 4 owners to download the next time they restart the game, and as is now customary with Polyphony Digital, the update also comes with some free new content.

This month, the Japanese development team have focused their attention on adding new machinery to drive within the game, adding the stunning 2010 Aston Martin DBR9 GT1 alongside the slightly less exotic 2008 Fiat 500 1.2 8V Lounge SS and a 1996 vintage Nissan 180SX Type X. Check out the trailer below:

Alongside fresh content, the new 1.56 update also brings with it a bunch of fixes and improvements, plus seven new GT League rounds:

• Beginner League – Two new rounds added to FR Challenge.
  • Amateur League – Two new rounds added to the Group 3 Cup.
  • Professional League – Two new rounds added to the Lamborghini Cup.
  • Endurance League – One new round added to the X2019 Competition Endurance Series.

Original Source: GT Sport

GT Sport is available now exclusively for PS4

Want to know more about the game? Hit up the GT Sport sub forum here at RaceDepartment and start a thread today.

GT Sport Update 3.jpg
GT Sport Update 2.jpg
GT Sport Update 1.jpg

Last edited:
Keeps Improving

Its just too late to get into PS4 but the hope is a GT title arrives soon after launch of PS5
It should look insane too, as this title just has great detail, atmosphere and use of lighting.

If only this was available on PC with good and fully implemented VR.

Possibly the next GT on PS5 will use 4K/8K elements for gameplay and photo/car selection models.
That with proper working HDR and potentially some RT could be a new benchmark in visuals?

@4k 60 fps imo GT sport on a ps4 pro is already the visual benchmark, the HDR is already there and is good, but ofc graphic isn’t everything.

Ps5 is still far away, the next gran turismo even more, if you like the saga isn’t too late to jump in the game, you can get a used ps4 and the game for less than 300 €.

@4k 60 fps imo GT sport on a ps4 pro is already the visual benchmark, the HDR is already there and is good, but ofc graphic isn’t everything.

Ps5 is still far away, the next gran turismo even more, if you like the saga isn’t too late to jump in the game, you can get a used ps4 and the game for less than 300 €.

I like your cat, but the ps4 pro does not make 4K 60fps :)

I like your cat, but the ps4 pro does not make 4K 60fps :)

Is not native 4k, it's upscaled i know, still is the best looking racing game around. I don't have a whell for the ps4 so i dont play it at all, also Assetto Corsa is my sim of choice so i don't have spare time for GT sport. Still, on the big screen, GT Sport is stunning
(i like your cat too)

Is not native 4k, it's upscaled i know, still is the best looking racing game around. I don't have a whell for the ps4 so i dont play it at all, also Assetto Corsa is my sim of choice so i don't have spare time for GT sport. Still, on the big screen, GT Sport is stunning
(i like your cat too)

thanks for my cat :)

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 293 15.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 204 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 199 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%