RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Fabulous racing on this one g's. The STCC cars never seem to disappoint. The race long battle with Alex and Bjorn in the first race was really tense but ultimately i got my way past them both with a spectacular, airborne double overtake at the crest of the corkscrew that left the spectators watering at the mouth ;)

Race 2 was more subdued. I spent most of the time on my own but I had good battles with Tobias mid way through and Murat late on.

I make that three podiums in three for me. Long may that trend continue ;)

Aaaand thus the influx from RRR and various other sources (?) continues - great stuff, keep 'em coming :)

As for the event, after trying a few cars in practice sessions (again), I opted to go for the Cruze and will likely stick with it, nice car :)
During P1 & P2, James was pretty fast and we took turns in setting new bests - in qualifying though, Lee decided to join in and the Sciroccos snatched first row, leaving me in P3.

Now, I kinda liked that because that meant it would be quite an opportunity to see if those are as "overpowered" as it's claimed every once in a while/every 3rd or 4th STCC2 event ;) Spoiler alert: IMHO, they aren't. While quite fast cars, they are definitely beatable :)

Back to the action: I started lousy into race #1, or so I thought - it seems like it was actually Alex having a fantastic start outshining all others - he quickly took the lead, I managed to pass Lee and tried to get up to Alex & James in front.
Going into L4, I had finally reached him, so It seemed only logical to.. go off into the gravel in T1. Great. Well, onto the track again (fortunately, I didn't lose positions) and restarting the hunt. Managed to pass him somewhere in L8 (I think?), only to go into L9 and... off into the gravel in T1. Hrrrnnng.
Once again, back to the track, back to the hunt and a few laps later, I finally went by and stayed there. Well, until the second-to-last lap, anyways, because that's when I somehow misjudged my braking point going into the last turn and crashed into Alex spinning him around - sorry about that! James passed and at the very least, I managed to not go into the gravel during the last lap - P3!

Starting fairly well into race #2 (from P6), I survived the T1 shenanigans and found myself in 3rd position - passed Tobias rather quickly leaving only Murat in front of me.. who had finished 8th (I think) in race #1, so I wasn't quite expecting what followed, to be honest - he put on a great pace and it took me almost the whole race to catch & pass him - nice racing :)
Soon afterwards, James managed to get into P2 but the gap built up till then turned out to be more than enough :)

Great racing, nicely filled grid, see you again!

/edit: I noticed you guys were sporting factory-new, white Sciroccos? Any liveries we should know about? ;)

Last edited:
BuTZyvDIgAAOzoV.jpg:large

That went quite hilariously badly. My car was so unstable it was almost undriveable throughout practice and qualifying. Switching to the default set-up helped a little for race 1, but I was still slow and quite often spinning, and I retired after causing a few leaders problems, so sorry about that.

A few changes helped somewhat for race 2, and at times I was running a little faster than the cars immediately in front (although still about 15 seconds up the road). However, it was still very unstable, and after a few more spins I had a moment of brain fade and crashed at the kink towards turn 1 (above), doing quite a bit of damage and ending my race.

Still, it can only get better.

Well, I had a skin for its o I drove the Cruze. I don;t spend a lot of time choosing a car but I do spend the time to make changes to settings so the car drives better for me. In the end it was faster than what was sitting in the garage.

This track usually brings out the racer in us, certainly did this time. I had to work hard in both races, good races with Tobias, Miguel, Lee and Michel. Hard enough I pushed my tires past the limits each time and the car was quite slippery towards the end of both races.

I'm sure it will be just as tough on Thursday, see you there!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back