GT Sport GT Sport | Laguna Seca, Ford GT and More Released in V1.53

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
Polyphony Digital have deployed yet another new update for GT Sport - with a couple of seriously impressive new pieces of content added to the game.

Making a long awaited return to the Gran Turismo franchise in this build is California's greatest track - the high speed and visually stunning Laguna Seca (or WeatherTech Raceway Laguna Seca to give it its full name), returning to the franchise after missing the cut when GT Sport first released back in late 2017.

The track isn't the only bit of good news for players following build 1.53 releasing. As is now the norm for the PS4 exclusive racer, plenty of car content has been made available for free to the title as part of this new build, with no less than seven cars joining the increasingly impressive number of playable vehicles with the GT Sport world.

Of those seven, Polyphony have done a respectable job of covering for many tastes in the selection - but it just has to be the Ford GT which will gather the most attention from this new build. Ok, it's the 2017 version and not one of the more 'classic' machines from the blue oval, but whatever the year of construction - it's a GT - and that means it's going to be brutal!

The other new cars joining GT Sport as part of the latest build are a little less exotic in places, but nevertheless some impressive pieces of content. Satisfying those with a taste for the more aged machinery, we get a nice Volkswagen Golf Mk1 GTI (the object of many a youthful lust), a Toyota Crown Athlete, the Porsche 911 993 Carrera RS Clubsport and strangely, three additional safety cars! Yes, flashing lights on the roofs of the Toyota Crown Athlete G, Renault Sport Megane RS and Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat are also available!

As usual, new Scapes and GT League events have also been added to accommodate the new content released as part of build 1.53.

GT Sport is available exclusively for Sony PlayStation 4.

Start a thread, ask a question or share an opinion at the GT Sport sub forum here at RaceDepartment!

Last edited:
I fired this up this evening for the first time in a long time, and you know what, it's bloody good fun and it really captures the driving spirit.

Bought myself the RUF CTR3 - that's a handful that needs very careful throttle application, and the new club sport Porsche which I haven't tried yet.

IMO GTS gets way too much negativity from the sim racing community, especially when considering what it's done, in a positive sense, for the sim racing community.

I fired this up this evening for the first time in a long time, and you know what, it's bloody good fun and it really captures the driving spirit.

Bought myself the RUF CTR3 - that's a handful that needs very careful throttle application, and the new club sport Porsche which I haven't tried yet.

IMO GTS gets way too much negativity from the sim racing community, especially when considering what it's done, in a positive sense, for the sim racing community.
It needs WAY more negativity in order to get better!!!!!!!!!! FULL VR SUPPORT!!!! PHYSICS ENGINE REMAKE!!!!! ONLY THEN IT WILL GET BETTER!!!!! FULL VR SUPPORT!!!! NOT DYNAMIC PHYSICS BUT DYNAMIC WEATHER!!!!!! Stop pandering!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GTS does everything well what it does, and it excels in being exactly what it wants to be. Its a stylish, polished, round package where every piece meets its right place and every design decision contributes to the cause of the whole pack. The rest is individual gaming taste. No need to talk it down as it is common in some circles, as Slapped already said. Its not as realistic and the AI is not of the quality as in AC1 or ACC or RR or the likes, but GTS easily holds its ground that it claims its own and wants to own - not more and not less than this. And it even does some details and tiny things better than the mentioned titles. The looks are great, the replays are great, controller control (being a PC player, my wheel and such is used on the PC , not the PS4) works extremely well, and the rear lights are the best and most sexy looking I have ever seen in any racing game.

A super-solid console title, and an institution. Would buy it again every time.

GTS does everything well what it does, and it excels in being exactly what it wants to be. Its a stylish, polished, round package where every piece meets its right place and every design decision contributes to the cause of the whole pack. The rest is individual gaming taste. No need to talk it down as it is common in some circles, as Slapped already said. Its not as realistic and the AI is not of the quality as in AC1 or ACC or RR or the likes, but GTS easily holds its ground that it claims its own and wants to own - not more and not less than this. And it even does some details and tiny things better than the mentioned titles. The looks are great, the replays are great, controller control (being a PC player, my wheel and such is used on the PC , not the PS4) works extremely well, and the rear lights are the best and most sexy looking I have ever seen in any racing game.

A super-solid console title, and an institution. Would buy it again every time.
Looks great, best looks ever. Bud sadly it's not a looks contest. If only it handled liked it looks.

honestly? i enjoy a lot gts. like said above it's a very good package. i only played assetto corsa and i am a fan of rally, but between dirt rally 2, project cars 2 and gts i love to play gts.
probably it fits better my skill level dunno but the online is a good experience, not perfect of course but still good. i also personally find it has a great ffb with my t300.

the physic? imho is immersive enough. sure the simulation is not complete, no damage penalty, often no tyre/fuel consumption but it drives well, setup menu is easy and works well. everything for a ps 4 game, not pc...

AND THEY KEEP UPDATING THE GAME FOR FREE SINCE RELEASE, ABOUT 2/3 YEARS with tracks, cars and slowly adding rain to some tracks.

it's the best quick experience a racing fan can have,
my only gripe is the grind for money but i own a lot of cars i want, only missing very few expensive models, but at least i have even more reasons to play it

Got this game last week. The driving is rewarding and feels great with dual shock4. I have to do all the stuff I do in my Pc sims to be fast in it. Can't really be bothered about whether its more or less realistic than others.

Let's put an end to this madness. I enjoy the game too, may be even more than some of you. I upgraded to a PS4 Pro just for GT Sport. I used to play it everyday! But as soon as ACC was released I went back less every time. For some real sim racing I turn now to rFactor 2, RaceRoom and ACC. ACC has a small issue with speed, somehow it doesn't feel that fast. BTW no real sim racer will ever play Dirt Rally 2 seriously nor use a controller for any racing game/sim. But sometimes it's nice to go back to GT Sport just to have fun.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back