GT Sport GT Sport Full Track List Revealed... Demo Available Today

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport Interlagos.jpg

We know the release date, we've been told about the cars and different game modes, now it is time to learn about the tracks coming to GT Sport later this month.

Late last week Polyphony Digital confirmed the 163 strong list of cars due to form the basis of Gran Turismo Sport on PlayStation 4, and with release day getting ever closer the legendary Japanese development studio have finally revealed the full track listing from the new game, with the noticeable omission of few real world locations...

GT Sport will be predominantly made up of fantasy circuits on both tarmac and loose surfaces, with a distinct Japanese theme showing off the heritage of this long running franchise. With a focus around online play and lack of any traditional single player experience so often found in the Gran Turismo series of games, one of the most immediately noticeable aspects of the track reveal would be a lack of real life race circuits, with only five locations (Maggiore, Interlagos, Brands Hatch, Suzuka and the Nürburgring) in various configurations making up the real world content.

Will this be a critical stumbling block for a game entering a sim racing marketplace literally packed full of content? Only time will tell...

The full GT Sport track list can be seen below:
  • Alsace – Village
  • Alsace – Village II
  • Autodrome Lago Maggiore – GP
  • Autodrome Lago Maggiore – GP II
  • Autódromo De Interlagos
  • Blue Moon Bay Speedway
  • Blue Moon Bay Speedway II
  • Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit
  • Brands Hatch Indy Circuit
  • Broad Bean Raceway
  • Broad Bean Raceway II
  • Colorado Springs – Lake
  • Colorado Springs – Lake II
  • Dragon Trail – Seaside
  • Dragon Trail – Seaside II
  • Fishermans Ranch
  • Fishermans Ranch II
  • Kyoto Driving Park – Miyabi
  • Kyoto Driving Park – Yamagiwa
  • Kyoto Driving Park – Yamagiwa II
  • Mount Panorama Motor Racing Circuit
  • Northern Isle Speedway
  • Northern Isle Speedway – Infield
  • Nürburgring 24h
  • Nürburgring GP
  • Nürburgring Nordschleife
  • Nürburgring Nordschleife Tourist Layout
  • Sardegna – Windmills
  • Sardegna – Windmills II
  • Suzuka Circuit
  • Suzuka Circuit East Course
  • Tokyo Expressway – Central Inner Loop
  • Tokyo Expressway – Central Outer Loop
  • Tokyo Expressway – East Inner Loop
  • Tokyo Expressway – East Outer Loop
  • Willow Springs International Raceway: Big Willow
  • Willow Springs International Raceway: Horse Thief Mile
  • Willow Springs International Raceway: Horse Thief Mile II
  • Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs
  • Willow Springs International Raceway: Streets of Willow Springs II

If you are still on the fence about GT Sport, don't forget the limited time demo begins today. Details of which can be found HERE.

GT Sport will release for PlayStation 4 on October 17th.

GT Sport Blue Moon Raceway.jpg
GT Sport Dragon Trail.jpg
GT Sport Nords.jpg
GT Sport Tokyo Raceway.jpg

You can find the latest news and discussion regarding the Gran Turismo series of games at the Gran Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment. Join in the discussion with your fellow GT fans today!

Looking forward to playing GT Sport? Do you think the game can produce a solid and enjoyable experience once it releases later this month? Tried the demo yet, what are your impressions? Let us know in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Best ever game for all automotive lovers. There will be all you want to delight in the cars. You can also race with AI and other players ;) The only anoying thing is the sound from the cockpit. Cars sounds like electric instead of combustion... You can hear only turbo! Is there in Polyphony who have ears?! Also during replays big roraing multicylinder monsters sound like lazy bees...
So it's not the best game for all automotive lovers then...

I like fantasy tracks if the layouts are interesting and they've been modeled to feel somewhat like a real track, but several of these new ones are just variations of ovals...Blue Moon Speedway is a big tri-oval, Northern Isle Speedway is a small oval and a tarmac pad for driving tests, Broad Bean Raceway is a small oval with a single dogleg in the back straight, Kyoto Driving Park – Miyabi is an oval with a chicane on each straight...three of the other fantasy locations are dirt tracks, which has never been good in any version of GT...Lago Maggiore and Kyoto Driving Park – Yamagiwa look like they'd be quite fun, but overall the list seems very sparse...

I dont mind ovals if the game is trying to do a semi-faithful attempt at NASCAR or Indycar racing, but GT Sport isnt doing that either
Where can we see the layouts or maps? This sounds miserable.

Where can we see the layouts or maps? This sounds miserable.

There was a screenshot of the track selection menu that showed several of them, ill try and hunt it down, but there's replay footage of all of them up on YT aswell, just have a search...for example, heres the ovals:
KDP - Miyagi:
Broad Bean Raceway:
Blue Moon Speedway:
Northern Isle Speedway: https://youtu.be/5abRy0Y_omo

Also note, tracks maked with a "II" on the list are just the same layout in reverse

Last edited:
Here is my 2 cents... Such a long time waiting for development to end and they came with only few tracks.Absence of legendary GT tracks such as:Trail Mountain, Deep Forest Raceway,Apricot hill,Autumn Ring,Seattle,El Capitan,Swiss Alps,Grand Valley,Midfield Raceway,Rome and real driving circuits like Monza,Cote d Azur,Spa,Laguna Seca,Indy,Fuji,La Sarthe,Motegi and so on and so on...is simply unacceptable..of course maybe they will come in some DLC in the future and I bet they will make us pay for it...realy dont know what they're bin doing all this time. I grew up on GT and as the technique progressed, they regressed back...so sad.No GT for me any more bye bye

Been a while since I posted here at RD, but since I sold my simrig about a year and a half ago I have turned to PS4 and controller "simracing" as means to try dampen my "need for speed".
So here's my take on the GT Sport demo.

Cars
While there's a fair number of cars in there my beef with the list is that it's mostly new cars, most of them newer than 2011-2014, so not many lovely old school racers to throw around the racetrack.
Furthermore, there's a huge number of either fantasy cars, like the "GT3" Peugot, and just flat out boring everyday cars... I have no interest in "racing" a Peugot 208 or bog standard Fiesta....
There's also some weird choices like having 4 Ferraris, 3x versions of a 458 and 1x LaFerrari... Some more variety would be good imo.

Tracks
List of real tracks is a bit thin, I have to agree... The fantasy tracks are decent enough though.
My biggest beef with tracks is however that they seem so different to the tracks in other sims. I actually ran several laps at Interlagos before I realised that I was at Interlagos, I did not recognise the track at all...

Physics
I'm using a controller........... not gonna comment much on this, cars behave more or less as I would expect them, but come across as more stable and less twitchy than pCars 1/2 and AC (I own all 3 on PS4).
There's this one Gran Turismo quality that has carried on from older iterations of the game though, and it's that totally uncontrollable oversteer. Some cars will just spin out and theres nothing you can do about it, and it happens very abruptly.

Singleplayer
I'm not a huge player of career modes and such so the lack of one doesn't disturb me, I find the challenges that are included as well as achievements to be a nice way to spend time driving even if I don't feel like having a online race. Overall I find the singleplayer experience good.

Multiplayer
Bumper racing... The good ol GT physics are at play here, so you can totally divebomb into a corner and use other cars to help you get around even though you entered way too fast.
It does happen in multiplayer from time to time, but overall I must say that my experience with public racing in GT have been darn good, certainly no worse than other games. The fact that the game has some more forgiving physics also means that being run into doesn't necessarily mean your race is ruined, which I find to be the case in most other sims.
The game also has a Driver and Safety rating system, so given some time I think and hope I'll find myself racing mostly other clean racers.
Casual multiplayer racing is a mixed bag, from half serious to ridiculous, but when making a "Room" for a race you have the option of setting minimum Driver and Safety rating for the race, so you can theoretically get clean racing even here. You don't gain or loose rating from these races to my knowledge.

Now here's the interesting part, every day they post 3 races, 3 different type of cars at different tracks. These races start with 20 min between them and once you have set a qualifying time for one of them, that time is valid for the rest of the day. I've attended 4 or 5 of these races so far, and every time it's been with a full grid of 24 cars! No matter what time of day I have been playing!
The races work kinda like iRacing in that they try to match you with drivers of similar Driver and Safety rating that you have.
This is also where you gain or loose Driver and Safety rating.

AI
Overall the best AI I have raced, but that doesn't say much, both pCars and AC have had their share of issues with AI after all.
What I like is the fact that there's no AI strength slider, they seem to dynamically adjust to your pace and give you a challenge, which to me is a good thing. I find myself racing other cars almost all the time, rather than having huge gaps where I go several laps without racing someone.
They attempt to pass you, they can be quite aggressive and sometimes for the worse, I've been punted off track more than once by AI.... which is of course infuriating!
But overall they offer me a good challenge and feel balanced.

FUN
Overall, GT Sport is just a fun game for me, especially due to having thriving multiplayer races!
Without a wheel I can't honestly comment on whether it's a better or worse sim than pCars or AC, but to me, that really does not matter, I play these games to have FUN and using that metric, GT Sport is at least as good as both of it's competitors on the platform.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 348 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 241 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 299 13.3%