RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Quali: I reasonable time for a decent position; 8th

Race 1:
Side by side through Hollywood and the Craner Curves with Reggie Snr; it didn't end well. We both spun in unison. He did somewhat come across me heading down to Old Hairpin, but then I also kept my foot flat to the floor. After we recovered, we battled for a few laps, but eventually I made it stick and stroked it home in 9th.

Race 2: Found a roadblock coming out of Redgate; suspension damage. Thankfully only minor, so just kept going. The leading pace was a little quicker this time though; I had enough fuel for 12 laps, not 13. Had to do major fuel saving in the last two laps, crossed the line in 5th, then ran out of fuel before getting to Redgate! Seriously, the gauge was 0.03 or something across the line!

I think I'll stick with the Lacetti for future WTCC races. Of course, now I need to paint it in my own colours...

I didn't exactly like or "get" the track (although I knew it, actually! Kind of, anyway - GRID or ToCa3, I think ;)) - however, I did like the racing :)

Got some laps in the days before and was doing fairly well in the practice sessions - not close to the fast guys at all, but still :) Went into qualifying with race fuel and brought home P5, which was about what I thought was possible, so I was pretty happy with that.

Had a nice start (it's my Seat, after all ;)) and "only" lost a position to @Matthias Klein's Alfa who had qualified in P6 - I pretty much expected that to happen, though.
However, I managed to position myself rather bad in L1's battles which made for two more lost positions to @István Milbich and @Bob Vuckovic
5ctZ5w5.jpg

Fortunately, this prepared the ground for a great battle with Bob for quite a few laps - managed to get closer and closer and finally got by after a small off on Bob's side (while @Nelson Ullinskey's orange Seat went looking for walls in the gravel :p)
iYO4CrC.jpg

However, he didn't slow down one bit and quickly regained metres lost until he was close enough to make a pass again:
XMM0SQd.jpg

Nelson, who apparently hadn't found any walls, was the next one coming up from behind and quickly got by being much faster - any hints setup-wise? ;)
Unfortunately, shortly afterwards, a lag spike hit my connection yet again and I lost a few places going onto the grass in order to not endanger anyone on "reconnection". Lost P8 to @Gundars Brigis in the last few corners after missing the chicane, but with P8 meaning pole for race #2, I had opted to let everyone by and start from behind, anyway :)
C7qwmSv.jpg

Started carefully into race #2 in order to see any lag issues while all cars were close to each other - looked fine, so onto the throttle it was! But behold, there's a crash in T1, let's go right, there seems to be a gap!
Well.. that was half a second ago... now, however.. ;)
CQTOupf.jpg

Suffered quite some damage, putting me short about 2-2.5s per lap and left me with a car that got quite unstable beyond about 160-170kph, which made turn 1 in particular a living hell :D
Anyway, the remainder of the race made for some nice defense training while having nice battles with Istvan, @Damian Millett and Gundars (Nelson got by easy, again. Tsk. ;))
HG9VNOY.jpg

Thanks for racing, everyone, see you on Thursday!

@Radovan Nevriva: Looks like a fun mod indeed. Although we rarely run car mods events in the club (apart from special events every now and then ;)), that wouldn't even be my main concern about it - however, the author clearly states he used engine sounds without permissions and judging by the phrasing, the 3D models might not be his original work as well. Still, he's not citing the sources nor potential permissions to use the models - they might even be from a different commercial game which is (rightfully) frowned upon by SimBin/Sector3.
/edit: Also, yep, Sim Racing Manager (assuming that's the mod manager you're talking about ;)) doesn't always do a good job at disabling/enabling mods, IIRC - especially those that put their files into every second of R07's folders caused problems, I think.
Might be tempted to make my own manager that keeps track of changed files a bit more exactly, someday - we'll see ;)

Last edited:
@Radovan Nevriva , Heya - you just got booted as a possible cheat due to a mismatch on "specialfx.tec" - might wanna remove some mod(s) causing this, doesn't seem to be part of the track's download (but still, you could try re-downloading that one as well ;))
Do you think that is possible to use addon which change drivers arms? Perhaps that caused my trouble.
http://www.virtualr.net/hd-gloves-suits-2-0-released (He created it for the race07 too) Nice work because in- game hands are like from 1999. Now with this addon it is much better. It changes overall textures only inside the car. Not from outside. I think. Vrrrrr I had to copy files one by one to each mode.
Here is help if you want these hi-res textures too:
and creator's pages http://hdaddons.blogspot.cz/
Better than assetto corsa :)

Do you think that is possible to use addon which change drivers arms? Perhaps that caused my trouble.

Hard to tell, to be honest - however, I just checked the GTR2 download (couldn't find one for R07 quickly and they shouldn't be too different, I guess) and it does not contain the file you were kicked for - so it doesn't seem like the main suspect ;)

I have not had that much fun in weeks with touring cars! I thank the awesome staff for organizing this event and everyone in the event for the epic racing :thumbsup:

Race 1:

This began with Matthias Klein passing me and others as he grabbed multiple positions into turn one! I was able to stay with the fast guys for a few laps before severely misjudging my entry into the first turn! Luckily, the guys that designed this place like sand more than walls- much like I :D
2014-10-07_00001.jpg 2014-10-07_00002.jpg

I set to work going up through the field :ninja:. Passed Gundars, and came up to have a duel of epic proportions with Bjorn. We stayed side by side for a good portion of the battle until he broke away Then we immediately caught more cars as awesome racing ensued :cool:! This ended with me getting past most of the cars and chasing down Istvan and Bob.
2014-10-07_00003.jpg 2014-10-07_00004.jpg 2014-10-07_00005.jpg 2014-10-07_00006.jpg 2014-10-07_00007.jpg

This duo proved easy to catch, but very very difficult to pass :O_o:! Bob and I dueled for a good portion of the last fews laps, always trading positions. Eventually, he was the victor as I finished fifth :cool:
2014-10-07_00008.jpg 2014-10-07_00009.jpg 2014-10-07_00010.jpg

Race 2:

This race had a much much more eventful start :O_o:! Gundars appeared slow out of turn one, and I was sandwiched between two hondas. Wanting to get out of the sandwich, I ran wide on exit right into Gundars slower car. (Where's a face-palm emoticon when ya need one? :p) My fault here, and it appears I messed up multiple people's races. I am terribly sorry for this. After waiting for Gundars and everyone else to pass, I set to work as per usual for me. Bjorn's front end looked messed up, I got by him easily. I don't think Istvan saw me as we braked into the chicane :confused:! No worries buddy, we survived :roflmao:! Reggie Sr must have hit the curb or something wrong, as he had spun around :ninja:.

2014-10-07_00012.jpg 2014-10-07_00015.jpg 2014-10-07_00016.jpg 2014-10-07_00018.jpg

Things settled down and I noticed turn 4 was catching a lot of people out as seen in the first pic of the next set. I pushed on and hard and was able to get past Dennis, the lone BMW.
2014-10-07_00019.jpg 2014-10-07_00020.jpg

I had an off in that tricky turn 4 I had mentioned which allowed Istvan, Bjorn and Dennis all to sprint past. Knowing I had passed them once, I knew I could do it again! Bjorn I passed easily like last time, Dennis's GPS must have been screaming at him to make an immediate left :D and Istvan blew the chicane! In the closing laps, I passed a slow car and finished sixth out of thirteen which I find damn impressive :thumbsup:
2014-10-07_00022.jpg 2014-10-07_00023.jpg 2014-10-07_00024.jpg 2014-10-07_00025.jpg

@Björn Golda Setup advice? :roflmao: I used your setup with 5 liters more of fuel than was already there as well as increasing the ride hide by half a centimeter on the front and back. Maybe I'm just a better driver :sneaky:

It's Sunred time! I think. Up until now. :D Sign me up!

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201439):
For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

I'm a maybe for this one as I'll be on a short vacation for the weekend and might need Friday's evening to prepare ;)

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201439):
For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

I'm going to not join in for this after all. I can't drive these cars without spinning to save my life and I don't have time to do a setup. I'll join in for the Minis tomorrow which is much more my skill level.

I'm going to not join in for this after all. I can't drive these cars without spinning to save my life and I don't have time to do a setup. I'll join in for the Minis tomorrow which is much more my skill level.

You might wanna give the Spyker a try - lacks a bit of speed, but from what I've found in a few laps, it sticks to the road pretty well using a SimBin-default setup (e.g. Brands Hatch Indy) with a few adjustments (-0.4/0.3 camber, -2 wing) :)

...Αnd I know this kind of driving...
for those who understand what I mean.
A bit of patience and knowing what you're going to do, will make you succed on what you want. And this is driving, running like the last day on earth is something like driving and
pointless.

Second race was very nice for me, unlike the first one, as I saw it from Pits.

I enjoyed the driving with Arunas, Nelson and Bjorn. I was very slippery and of course nothing happened with you, Bjorn at the last turn.

Thank you Dennis for making this race possible for us to enjoy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.7%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.7%