RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Well we had us a good time as usual! Well except Alex who just had a bad day. Next time Alex it'll go better I hope!

Ha a great opening lap w/ Yves in Race 1 til he overcooked the braking point entering T1 and did a beautiful long GT slide at 30 degrees yaw. HE recovered and maintained a gap of only about 3 seconds for many many laps (10 ( then the car gave up and expired the engine unexpectedly. Too bad Yves we had a great battle going! The slightest missed step by either of us would be the race ender as we were really pushing hard.

R2 I got a slow start trying not to bang into Eric or Dennis. Yves got thru to P1 pretty instantly and never looked back. I ran a lap behind Eric then got past and go tup to Dennis. We are charging up the fast sweeping right and I just caught his rear quarter and he does the GT tank slapper beautifully! Sorry Dennis never intentional. I wait for Dennis to get moving and Eric passes us both. I get past Dennis then Eric and just click off laps til the finish. Loked like Eric and Dennis had a great battle going for at least 1/3 of the race til someone went off.

IN the end I get the overall and Dennis gets P2 overall w/ Yves 3rd.

It's always a great time driving thse machines!

Til next time! Thanks Rd and Yves for the Server to race with!

thanks to Eric for setting the event and thanks to RD for hosting it. was great fun, took pole, first race had a not so bad start and got first after the first series of turns but i over did my breaking at T1 on lap 2 and gave first place to Eric N, around lap 10 my engine blew with no warning under braking at T1 end of race. race 2 started second had again a good start and was easely ahead at T1 and was first, after a few lap the gap went to 22 seconds over second place so i decided to be easy on the engine and was careful not to over rev the engine, finally it lasted all the race and took the win :smile: thanks to my crew that made an engine change successfully in about 15 minute, cheers guy's :cool:

It takes me forever to get used to these cars and I had spent time at two tracks during the day to get a handle. I spent the entire practice session on am 18 lap long run just to see how hard I could push on the track and check tire wear. That proved to be invaluable for me and it made me very comfortable with the car too. Aleksey, laps man, run laps!

R1: I had no idea how to get off the line right so I got a bad start. After a few laps I was trying to put pressure on Eric and yves[which really means] I was all alone and just had a long practice session.

R2: We all got a good start, Yves just left us in the dust, Nelson in pursuit once he cleared us. Estes was right with me and his Vette really had the legs on me on the straight. For a couple of laps I'd seethe time decreasing as we drove down the straight as he would close to within .3 sec of me. Not time to conserve tires or use a plan B shifting strategy, I had to get away! The battle ended when he made mistake and another, even the power of that big motor couldn't help him.

Much more fun than I expected, thanks Eric N and RD, Yves and Eric E also!

looks like Golum has blown all the money he made from making LOTR, and is now living in the hills around Mackwerk :biggrin:

capture_2010-03-08_22-41-40-1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 100 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 132 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 180 14.2%
  • 25% online 75% offline