RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Qualy: Was ok, did a 39.7xy, which was, what I was hoping for.
Race 1: Was ok, started 16 (?) and finsihed 10. Not to bad for my first race in these cars. OK, forget the fact that I got lapped twice :)
Race 2: Not good, Paul and I caused a carnage in lap one in the uphill right hander. Guess both not being guilty, at least I did not know that you were behind me in turning in. Sorry for the people behind me. Went to pit repaired the damage, but when I came out everybody lapped me. Conitnued until I spun into the pit lane and my auto pit took me again into pit, that's when I hit ESC.

Really enjoyed that tonight, great fun, I hope we can do some more STCC Masters combos, I managed to get into the .38s in qually and started race 1 in 8th and finished 7th, race 2 I started in 2nd and had a more or less error free race and spent quite a bit of it in first place, but a couple of laps from the end Paul was up behind me and I couldnt hold him off, but I was still pleased to finish 2nd, had good fun trying to catch Jari as well when he was leading.

Was my first event with that cars and i´m very pleased about it, great to drive but also exertive.

Qualy: Was really close and could take place 4.

Race 1: Fall back on 5 but after a couple of laps i was in 2 after all opponents made a mistake. I remember one talk something from a beer-stand in one of the gravels, :redface:maybe that was the reason.
I also had to watch for this in the gravels before finish but nobody was there :tongue:,so falled back behind Terry which give me a big fight till the end of race. Also was fighting with Keith but he could pass me easy on the straight. I drove with full wings, so had big problems with overtaking. Think two laps before finish i could take P3 from Terry after round and rounds behind him.

Race 2: Very strange for me i can´t remember all the incidents but i want to say sorry to all which had some trouble with me. I waited often and was then in P8 behind Ant and infront of Philip. It was again hard to overtake Ant althought i was much faster in the first sector but on straight he go away. :tongue:
This could Philip use to overtake me. After little hit and wait Philip had a spun which gave me back now P7. Could decrease the gap to Ant fast and one lap before finish i could pass him in sector one with a hard manovour, so P6 at the end.

Was hard to be concentrate over the whole race, specially second one - i´m hoping next one i´m more confident with the car cause this amount of mistakes isn´tgood, i made it me harder then it could be.

But i enjoed it really, thanks all for racing and to admins to organizing this event - great one ! :D

Fun race!

Quali P11 OK

Race1
Made a good start holding position. Slowly gained spots from others misfortunes and worked my way as far forward as 3rd behind Terry Harmer. Was reeled in by Andreas and Keith mid race now back to 5th. Then Jari pulled back about 5 seconds on me and after some patient following made a perfectly timed pass going into the last lap as we came through some traffic, well done Jari. Finished 6th

Race 2
Started 3rd then lost 1 spot to Andreas 1st lap. Raced hard but lost 1 more spot to Bulgin for 5th. We had a nice nose to tail going from Andreas in 2nd to me in 5th place until around lap 10 when Andreas got loose went off a little then came back on. Terry got loose trying to avoid Andreas then Bulgin got by clean but I clipped the front of Terry as he came back across the track. I then hit the barrier hard ripping off the tail of my car as you can see in the inserted pics below. Was having a blast up to that point but the whole incident was just a chain reaction no one to blame really, just racing. These races were very intense and exciting. Thanks Ryan
capture_2010-01-02_16-58-22 copy3.jpg capture_2010-01-02_16-28-49 copy4.jpg capture_2010-01-02_16-58-49 copy2.jpg
pencil.png

Attachments

• capture_2010-01-02_16-58-49 copy2.jpg
    capture_2010-01-02_16-58-49 copy2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 201
  • capture_2010-01-02_16-58-49 copy2.jpg
    capture_2010-01-02_16-58-49 copy2.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 210
I really liked this race as it helpe get used to this class of cars. I expoected a lot of traffic so I went for a setup that I could do consistent laps with and ended up with one way before the quali session.

Droned around with a full load of fuel in qualti take[?] 17th. I think I moved out of the way of all the guys on light fuel loads, I needed that practice. I figured they needed it too!

R1: Dull from most peoples POV, moving from P17 and a good start up to P8 in the early laps and then dropping back to P12 as those that went off got back up to speed and repassed.

R2: I was a lot of Omer and was anticipating a good battle with him through the race but ..... on lap 10 it ended. I went inside on the last turn to give Michal room to lap me but got too far inside and ended up collecting the pit wall armco, bounced back on the track and took out my friend Keith as well as Michal. Michal got back on track , still in 1st place but Andreas caught him and they ended up in a tussle later that lap that ruined both of their races. SO sorry guys!

This was the most fun that I have had in these cars. Maybe this track makes them shine?
TS was quiet.
This looks like a real Mini track!

First of all Thanks RD and Mr. Callan.

Secondly, i learned that i must stick with WTCC and Minis for a while more :D.

First race was a disaster. I started really surprisingly good and managed to get to 12th from 18th. But then i made mistakes, and my final mistake caused a big crash between me and Dorna. Both retired.

2nd race was a lot more fun. Again in the first laps i managed to get to 10th place. And did'nt make big mistakes this time. Had great battles with Phelan, Szobo and some others. Then i hit barriers and damaged my suspension around 10th laps. After this i made a blue flag practice.

At first race's 1st turns i was nearly had a heart attack. This is a massive thrill and fun. Thank you all again, and sorry about my incidents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 76 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 114 10.7%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 155 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 296 27.7%