GT Sport GT Sport: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps Coming Soon

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
The legendary Belgian venue is heading to Gran Turismo Sport.

The Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium is one of the finest motorsport venues anywhere in the world. Home of the Formula One Belgian Grand Prix and many top level national and international events, and seemingly universally loved by fans and drivers alike, this incredible ribbon of racing tarmac will soon be available to drive in GT Sport.

Having been the beneficiary of many a free content update over the last year or two, GT Sport players are finally about to receive another real world racing venue to their PlayStation 4 exclusive racing game, adding a much requested track to the impressive racing game.

Set to be made available as a free update, strong rumour suggests we might only have to wait a few days to get our hands our virtual racing kicks on the venue - with Spa expected to release as early as next weeks big content release.

While you wait, check out the hotlap from NYC GT Championship Manufacturer Series champion Cody Latkovsk, above.

GT Sport is available for PS4 now.

Check out the RaceDepartment GT Sport sub forum for news, discussion and everything GT Sport related!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

those racetracks are all properly accurate! and rather nicely detailed , visually I find them actually among the best , maybe not in a sense that every tree is where it should be, but visually it looks nice and full of detail, with correct colors

looking forward to SPA for sure! I just hope they will add more race cars this time around

Yes, I always find that interesting with the GT games. They always managed to cram in huge amounts of detail and it still runs silky smooth. Always looks very good.

I think for me it was more impressive in the earlier games because they somehow managed to make this amount of detail work on more humble hardware.

I'm a PC player so i don't know much about GT.... but the most surprising thing to me is that there was a high budget racing sim launched without Spa!!!!!!!

I was thinking the exact same thing. As much talk about GT Sport as there was, I'm floored to find out launched without Spa. The absence of Spa from any "sim" would be a glaring hole, clearly felt. I still can't believe that for almost two years, Spa hasn't been in that title. :thumbsdown:

How odd, considering all other dev teams, big or small, often pay for this license, yet arguably the biggest and best-funded wouldn't.

while I get your point, I do believe the issue was that BECAUSE Polyphony is so well funded, Spa was wanting to charge them much more for their licensing fee to be featured, and Polyphony wouldn't have any of it. Basically, they have the mentality of "treat us the same as the rest of the other devs who want your track" or something like that. I dunno exactly. I'm sure Forza/Turn 10/Microsoft just up and paid for whatever price was asked though, for example.

speaking of details, I just noticed that the when track is set to wet, marshalls have ponchos

but yeah, it'snot dynamic, and when it will be dynamic, it will probably suffer quality - like it did between GT5 and GT6
48625850623_8c73855b66_h.jpg

it's like saying how can be games without Ferrari or Porsche, yet few years back Porsche couldn't be and Ferrari was rare

content it self doesn't matter if what's there is pretty good.
There was a very clear and obvious reason why Porsche wasn't in any games other than NFS, the contract with EA, everybody knew about it, now they indeed are in everything under the sun.

Ferrari just considered itself "above" the niche simracing titles, their previous experience with Kunos(FVA) might've changed that a bit.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 102 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 142 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 267 27.3%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 392 40.0%