• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

Featured GT Sport: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps Coming Soon

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by Paul Jeffrey, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Paul Jeffrey

Paul Jeffrey
    RaceDepartment Editor-in-Chief Staff Premium

Ratings:
    +23,495

The legendary Belgian venue is heading to Gran Turismo Sport.

The Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps in Belgium is one of the finest motorsport venues anywhere in the world. Home of the Formula One Belgian Grand Prix and many top level national and international events, and seemingly universally loved by fans and drivers alike, this incredible ribbon of racing tarmac will soon be available to drive in GT Sport.

Having been the beneficiary of many a free content update over the last year or two, GT Sport players are finally about to receive another real world racing venue to their PlayStation 4 exclusive racing game, adding a much requested track to the impressive racing game.

Set to be made available as a free update, strong rumour suggests we might only have to wait a few days to get our hands our virtual racing kicks on the venue - with Spa expected to release as early as next weeks big content release.

While you wait, check out the hotlap from NYC GT Championship Manufacturer Series champion Cody Latkovsk, above.

GT Sport is available for PS4 now.

Check out the RaceDepartment GT Sport sub forum for news, discussion and everything GT Sport related!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Instagram
    Youtube
    Twitch

• Like Like x 5
  2. CC

CC
    Premium

Ratings:
    +7,311
    Are these tracks scanned or fictional in GT Sport ?

• Haha Haha x 1
  3. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG

Ratings:
    +379
    i assume scanned since PD did extensive research on Nordschleife even in the PS2 days, i doubt that changed

• Agree Agree x 5
  4. Leonardo Chaves

Leonardo Chaves

Ratings:
    +253
    I'm a PC player so i don't know much about GT.... but the most surprising thing to me is that there was a high budget racing sim launched without Spa!!!!!!!

Last edited: Aug 27, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 14
    • Beer Beer x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,881
    those racetracks are all properly accurate! and rather nicely detailed , visually I find them actually among the best , maybe not in a sense that every tree is where it should be, but visually it looks nice and full of detail, with correct colors

looking forward to SPA for sure! I just hope they will add more race cars this time around

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. TheOriginalStix

TheOriginalStix

Ratings:
    +1
    Huge news! I've always hoped that Spa would come to GT Sport, and now it's actually happening!

7. odiopower

odiopower
    Premium

Ratings:
    +29
    Wait, Spa wasn't there from the beginning? How one of the most iconic track on the planet was neglected for so long?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Beer Beer x 1
  8. SinysterPlague

SinysterPlague

Ratings:
    +67
    From what I recall reading, it was due to a high cost licensing issue from the owners of Spa that Polyphony/Sony did not want to bow down to

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. magzire86

magzire86

Ratings:
    +15
    Spa only coming now, wtf

• Haha Haha x 2
  10. Sonoafafayon

Sonoafafayon

Ratings:
    +94
    How odd, considering all other dev teams, big or small, often pay for this license, yet arguably the biggest and best-funded wouldn't.

11. Andrew Harper

Andrew Harper
    Premium

Ratings:
    +1,772
    Yes, I always find that interesting with the GT games. They always managed to cram in huge amounts of detail and it still runs silky smooth. Always looks very good.

I think for me it was more impressive in the earlier games because they somehow managed to make this amount of detail work on more humble hardware.

12. Haiden773

Haiden773

Ratings:
    +74
    I was thinking the exact same thing. As much talk about GT Sport as there was, I'm floored to find out launched without Spa. The absence of Spa from any "sim" would be a glaring hole, clearly felt. I still can't believe that for almost two years, Spa hasn't been in that title. :thumbsdown:

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DeVxC

DeVxC

Ratings:
    +13
    Is this going to be hosted by Julia and Jimmy will be doing commentary or?

14. mr Sw1tchblade

mr Sw1tchblade

Ratings:
    +87
    GTS have Le Mans for years now and i think it's most beautiful version still. Very nice textures and colors. Nordschleife is not so good. I like r3e version more.

• Like Like x 1
  15. headder

headder

Ratings:
    +48
    Yep, the GT Sport Le Mans is superb. Still missing the 24h cycle, but...

• Beer Beer x 1
  16. SinysterPlague

SinysterPlague

Ratings:
    +67
    while I get your point, I do believe the issue was that BECAUSE Polyphony is so well funded, Spa was wanting to charge them much more for their licensing fee to be featured, and Polyphony wouldn't have any of it. Basically, they have the mentality of "treat us the same as the rest of the other devs who want your track" or something like that. I dunno exactly. I'm sure Forza/Turn 10/Microsoft just up and paid for whatever price was asked though, for example.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,881
    speaking of details, I just noticed that the when track is set to wet, marshalls have ponchos

but yeah, it'snot dynamic, and when it will be dynamic, it will probably suffer quality - like it did between GT5 and GT6
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  18. sKeno

sKeno

Ratings:
    +53
    you can say what you want about gt sport. but at least their additional content is free.

been playing gt sport for two months and i am surprised of the amoiunt of new and free content this game got since release.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Patrik Marek

Patrik Marek

Ratings:
    +1,881
    it's like saying how can be games without Ferrari or Porsche, yet few years back Porsche couldn't be and Ferrari was rare

content it self doesn't matter if what's there is pretty good.

20. Leonardo Chaves

Leonardo Chaves

Ratings:
    +253
    There was a very clear and obvious reason why Porsche wasn't in any games other than NFS, the contract with EA, everybody knew about it, now they indeed are in everything under the sun.

Ferrari just considered itself "above" the niche simracing titles, their previous experience with Kunos(FVA) might've changed that a bit.

• Agree Agree x 1
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.