GT Sport GT Sport: Barcelona and Nine New Cars Headline Latest Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
In a bonza day for console racing game fans, GT Sport has joined Forza 7 in the update stakes with a new build, new track and plenty of new free cars coming to the racing title.

Build 1.29 of Gran Turismo Sport has arrived today. Continuing a rich vein of update form from development studio Polyphony Digital, the latest build release of GT Sport is again a very positive one for players of the PlayStation 4 exclusive racing franchise - adding some nice new content in the form of nine new cars and a current Formula One Grand Prix circuit to the console simulation.

GT Sport 1.jpg

New 'GT League' Events:
  • MINI Challenge (Beginner League) - MINI fans unite! An event for the cute but quick MINI Cooper.
  • X2014 Nations Cup (Professional League) - Which nation and which driver is the fastest of them all? Experience the excitement of the Nations Cup Final in the GT League!
In addition, new Rounds will be added to the following events:
  • Group 4 Cup (Beginner League)
  • Boxer Spirit (Amateur League)
  • All Japan GT Car Championships (Professional League)
  • Porsche Cup (Endurance League)
Alongside the Barcelona race track, cars and events, will be a new 'Autumn Leaves' Scapes mode, a new circuit experience for the recent Fuji update and various other fixes and improvements to the title.

GT Sport 2.jpg

Full GT Sport November Update Car List
  • Ferrari GTO '84 (N400)
  • Honda EPSON NSX '08 (Gr.2)
  • Jaguar E-type Coupé '61 (N300)
  • Lexus PETRONAS TOM’S SC430 '08 (Gr.2)
  • Maserati GranTurismo S '08 (N400)
  • MINI Cooper S '05 (N200)
  • Nissan XANAVI NISMO GT-R '08 (Gr.2)
  • Pagani Zonda R '09 (Gr.X)
  • Subaru Impreza 22B-STi Version '98 (N300)

GT Sport 3.jpg

GT Sport is available exclusively for Sony PlayStation 4.

Check out the Grand Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the hugely popular PlayStation 4 racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

Have you tried out the new build update and content release for GT Sport yet? What do you think of the latest version of the PS4 game? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Really nice update and for free :)
Please sony unlock ps4 exclusivity and bring GT Sport to pc : you will get lot of money !
Anyway I am really happy to see japan gt seasons : that's remind me of GTR2 Yakkun/teamBB GT 500 legendary mod :)

Do someone know if an Thrustmaster TS-PC and Fanatec Clubsport V3 pedals working on a PS4 Pro with GTS?
I´ve checked few months ago the settings in the game but this combo was not listed there.
Maybe here is someone whos usind that set?

It is never gonna happen. Gran Turismo is a Sony Exclusive :)

However, the game is kinda great and feels great. It is just an Iracing Lite for me :)
And it's the best looking game anywhere. Stunning photo-realism. Not sure why ACC is so convoluted. I'm going on 20 hours now still trying to make ACC look half-way decent. Yet with my $299 PS4 and 0 configuration time it makes other games look like crap.

And it's the best looking game anywhere. Stunning photo-realism. Not sure why ACC is so convoluted. I'm going on 20 hours now still trying to make ACC look half-way decent. Yet with my $299 PS4 and 0 configuration time it makes other games look like crap.
its hardly photo realistic lol calm down. Does look good for the hardware on my ps4 pro though i play my other proper racing sims on my PC with a gtx 1080. I just wish for single player they had qualifying because single player feels like overtake as many slower cars in front of you. ACC smashes gt sport by a mile mate and to think its just a beta with night and rain. Gt sport still a good simcade but unreal engine 4 baby

I'm sure ACC will be great, and will likely buy it before it goes up in price with the next update, but I'd rather wait until next year when it's actually finished to properly compare it ;). In the meantime, I must say that GT Sport has really hit it's stride over the last few months. So much extra content helping to draw more players in and keep the existing ones in the game.

Also, the inaugural FIA certified championship has been great to both watch and partake in. I actually made it as far as the Asia-Oceania regional final before getting destroyed by the aliens. The World Final is coming up next week, should be a great final act to this initial E-Sports endeavour, and hopefully the momentum will continue into next year.

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 287 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 192 10.3%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 193 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 140 7.5%
  • < 5 years