GT Sport GT Sport Adds 12 New Cars and Career Features.. For Free!

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT sport Update 3.jpg

In the spirit of Christmas Polyphony Digital have given the gift of content to GT Sport fans.. adding 12 new cars and single play mode to the game.. for free!

The cars of the December update:
  • Mazda RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD) (N300)
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II (R32) (N300)
  • Nissan Skyline GT-R V・spec II Nür (R34) (N300)
  • Ford F-150 SVT Raptor (N400)
  • Lamborghini Countach LP400 (N400)
  • Ferrari F40 (N500)
  • Ferrari Enzo Ferrari (N700)
  • KTM X-BOW R (N300)
  • Suzuki Swift Sport (N100)
  • Volkswagen Samba Bus Type 2 (T1) (N100)
  • Chris Holstrom Concepts 1967 Chevy Nova (N700)
  • Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Convertible (C3) (N300)
GT sport Update 4.jpg

As well as the brand new cars that have been added to the popular PlayStation 4 title, Polyphony have also included a new 6.8km racing location titled Yamagiwa + Miyabi. Although not an fully fledged brand new circuit, the Yamagiwa + Miyabi is a link between two existing layouts within the Kyoto Driving Park that creates a larger racing area, designed to "increase the track’s level of technical difficulty".

GT sport Update 2.jpg

Alongside the content added to the game mentioned above, Polyphony have also included a very exciting and often requested new dimension to the game, bringing back the single player element of the title with a new 'GT League' campaign mode. Returning favourites "Sunday Cup" and "Clubman Cup", plus other offline single player race events have now been added to GT Sport, doing much to flesh out the single player experience of a game that initially started life with a predominantly online racing theme, much to the surprise and eventual backlash from long standing fans of the highly successful series.

You can check out the remaining changelog items below:

Scapes
  • A new ”Season's Greetings” group has been added to the Top Screen. This includes the addition of new photo spots.
Brand Central
  • We have added the “Lewis Hamilton Reference Laps #1 – Nürburgring” to the 'Lewis Hamilton' section of Brand Central;
  • A museum section has been added to Chevrolet;
  • Special Scapes spots have been added to Bugatti.
Top 24 Superstars
  • In the FIA Championships within Sport mode, a 'Top 24 Superstars' race will be held as the final round of each race season. This will be a single race of the final round, where only the top 24 groups will be matched together. This race will provide more points than a standard race.
Lobby
  • Added a new [Settings] section under [Event Settings] -> [Regulation Settings].
Physics Simulation Model
  • Traction control while turning has been adjusted to allow smoother cornering.
Controller
  • The DUALSHOCK®4 motion sensor steering sensitivity has been adjusted so that steering requires less inclination.
Buttons Assignment
  • It is now possible to set throttle and brakes in the buttons assignments of the wireless and steering controllers. The settings can be changed from [Options] -> [Controller];
  • Fixed an issue where the operation of the left/right stick on the T-GT steering controller was affected by the settings assigned for the wireless controller.
Sound
  • Tyres screeching sounds have been adjusted;
  • The sound balance of the Chaparral Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo has been adjusted.
Additional Language
  • Thai language support has been added to the Asian version.
Other Improvements and Adjustments
  • Various other issues have been addressed.
GT Sport is available for Sony PlayStation 4 now.

Check out the Grand Turismo sub forum here at RaceDepartment for more news from the hugely popular PlayStation 4 racing series.

Like what you see here at RaceDepartment? Don't forget to like, subscribe and follow us on social media!

RaceDepartment YouTube
RaceDepartment Twitter
RaceDepartment Facebook
RaceDepartment Twitch
RaceDepartment Instagram

GT Sport player? What do you think of the new update in particular and the game in general? Let us know your thoughts in the comments section below!

Last edited:
Still my favourite online racer. Others have the potential to be better but GT manages to actually achieve it. Today one of the events had the tyre wear and fuel consumption accelerated just right so that the 10 Lao race was right on the cusp of a 0/1 stopper. Delivered perfect strategic races all afternoon that you usually wait a month for in a league :)

Yeah tracks should definitely be a priority for them, they are slacking majorly in that department, if they can get out 2 or more by march that would be really great,
I'm going to play devils advocate here and say that the low track count actually helps. Because of the low number of them everyone knows the tracks that are there. This means people are able to race within a narrower gap to each other which helps the close racing. I'd like a few more but not so many it ruins the 20 car grids that race within a few seconds of each other! :)

I'm going to play devils advocate here and say that the low track count actually helps. Because of the low number of them everyone knows the tracks that are there. This means people are able to race within a narrower gap to each other which helps the close racing. I'd like a few more but not so many it ruins the 20 car grids that race within a few seconds of each other! :)
That is true, kinda like Assetto Corsa's low track count, but very competitive. Although, I would like to see at least the classic tracks come back, those were some great fantasy tracks, at least the purist would know those.

Totally unrelated to actual news, but I need to let it out my system: GT was 50% of the reason I bought PS4 Pro and PSVR... Only to find out later that the VR mode is just joke without them actually mentioning its not gonna be full game even when I did my preorder for some ridonkulolous collectors edition. It would only be sadder if the truth would not have come bit before release so I had time to cancel the game order itself...

Now I have ps4pro with psvr gathering dust while waiting news for Red Dead 2 so I can get disapointed and stop waiting it too... Maybe they actually release PC version of that this time so I can just toss em out from balcony... :p

Totally unrelated to actual news, but I need to let it out my system: GT was 50% of the reason I bought PS4 Pro and PSVR... Only to find out later that the VR mode is just joke without them actually mentioning its not gonna be full game even when I did my preorder for some ridonkulolous collectors edition. It would only be sadder if the truth would not have come bit before release so I had time to cancel the game order itself...

I saw it mentioned on Youtube comments before release. Sony/PD didn't make it too obvious unfortunately.

Doesn't really hold up. There are plenty of tracks that all racing or just GT fans should be familiar with like Spa, Laguna, Silverstone etc.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 297 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 205 10.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 200 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 147 7.6%
  • < 5 years

Votes: 263 13.6%