GT Sport GT Sport Addresses Shifter Issues With New Update

Paul Jeffrey

Premium
GT Sport Hotfix Update.jpg

GT Sport has received a small hotfix update, addressing the hotly debated H-shifter changes introduced in the March build release.

It has certainly been busy times over at Polyphony HQ in recent weeks, the legendary Japanese game development studio have been hard at work creating and deploying an increasing number of update releases for their GT Sport PlayStation 4 racing game - and this new hotfix is the fourth such release in just a few short weeks.

GT Sport March Update - Check out the details HERE.

Following the major March build update that saw the introduction of the 2019 specification Super Formula open wheel racer, Polyphony made some adjustments to the behaviour and reaction times of the H-patter gear shifting mechanism within the title, causing a large proportion of the gaming community to express their dissatisfaction at the change in direction introduced by the developers.

Keen to stay in touch with the wants of the community, Polyphony have addressed these concerns as part of the new hotfix, reverting H-patter shifter behaviour to that of the post March build version of the game.

Also included in the new build comes a number of smaller fixes and tweaks to the title that come under the wonderful "various other issues" heading...

GT Sport Hotfix Notes:

Physics Simulation Model
The behaviour of the gear shifts when using a H-pattern shifter in manual-clutch mode has been reverted to how it was before Update 1.36, as the H-pattern shifter controller, the clutch pedal and full manual mode are not allowed in ‘Sport’ mode.

Other Improvements and Adjustments
Various other issues have been addressed.

GT Sport is available for PS4 now.

Check out the RaceDepartment GT Sport sub forum for news, discussion and everything GT Sport related!

Like what we do at RaceDepartment? Follow us on Social Media!

Wut ? How does that work then ?

Throttle is almost nothing through the first ~35% of travel, then suddenly the next bit goes full throttle, and the last 10% of throttle is useless.

It's been like that since launch. Never been fixed. Zero options in game to tweak anything at all.

Honestly, GT is quite pretty and there's plenty about the game to like, but driving it is just a chore. It's not enjoyable at all.

Plenty about the game to like? Well, compare to GT5, GT Sport (or even GT6) feels like pure trash!
I used to force myself to play it daily, but as time goes on, I just can't be bothered to fire it up anymore.

Plenty about the game to like? Well, compare to GT5, GT Sport (or even GT6) feels like pure trash!
I used to force myself to play it daily, but as time goes on, I just can't be bothered to fire it up anymore.
Force feedback is an improvement tho. But some issues regarding physics engine are still there. To me it still offers a way more immersive driving experience compared to it's rival : Forza. But of course it's not a full sim like iRacing or rFactor2 or Assetto Corsa.

Force feedback is an improvement tho. But some issues regarding physics engine are still there. To me it still offers a way more immersive driving experience compared to it's rival : Forza. But of course it's not a full sim like iRacing or rFactor2 or Assetto Corsa.
I used to love Gran Turismo not because it's a sim, but its VAST collection of cars, and now it's nothing but a eSport wannabe. Yamauchi surely has chosen to f#ck up his IP.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 87 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 123 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 170 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 327 27.9%
  • 100% offline racing

Votes: 460 39.3%