RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

These Porsches and Italian Stallions are from the PT-Sims Mod. They are in a class of its own, not suitable to race with the GT-Sport class. I have a look in the FIA GT Mod, maybe it is possible to run both classes now.
The F430 and Porsche 997 were converted by scca1981 and are well matched with the other GTS class cars in an Enduro, because although they are faster they are much more fragile.

The GTPro mod of Lamborghini and Ferrari 550 etc was made by PTSims.

I was just wondering -people don't post skins anymore, is this considered bad etiquette now?
If not I have been working on a WTCC08 skin pack of various fictional skins, race look rather than street, and wondered if any other regulars who maybe don't skin themselves would be interested in their name on any of them. Theres a few diiferent ideas in the works already, a red Murco Racing Lacetti being the most complete
I'm going to be racing on these Wednesday night most weeks when I'm not busy for as long as they continue to run.

What Bob said... let's fill the grid for this one! :biggrin:

The F430 and Porsche 997 were converted by scca1981 and are well matched with the other GTS class cars in an Enduro, because although they are faster they are much more fragile.
Not really. Ask Sean Vohs how well his 997 held up at last years endurance event at Paul Ricard. Still have screen shots of it somewhere. Completely smashed and still finished. And that was a 180+ min event. :tongue:

There is a reason the decision was made to exclude the add on cars after the first couple of events. They really are in a class of their own.

The F430 and Porsche 997 were converted by scca1981 and are well matched with the other GTS class cars in an Enduro, because although they are faster they are much more fragile...

Yes, the Ferrari is the quickest, almost to the point that not seeing one in pole is "impossible", at same time, it is a "time bomb"... not impossible to take it to the finish, but for sure one has to rpm it only to zones where it no longer is the quickest car in the class.

The Porsche can be fun... the top speed is an advantage in a long straight like the one at Paul Ricard, at same time its longevity is not equal to the C6, the car doesn't permit a relaxed driving in a straight line, much more when the rear tyres start to go and the rear starts to be "Porschy" (at that final part of Paul Ricard track for instances).

The above experience is mostly from past Endurance events here at the club and a few sprint races (yes, if pushed all the way maybe not even 50 minutes can the Italian car complete). The "thing" here is that the smallest endurance race we did in the past was the Spa one with over 180 minutes (195), some went above that and the longest going to 250 minutes at Le Mans (the GTS class was won by Andreas with obviously a C6). With these we were sure in "endurance" "long distance" territory; the C6 was/is king, even if the Ferrari could be at start many seconds a lap quicker. With our 150 to 165 minutes races we are in middle ground... we can't no longer ignore engine preservation (especially if we are dealt with a low % engine at start) but at same time it is possible to take a "rabbit" the full distance (in part a question of "luck" regarding initial engine health).

A small thing about "engine health" at start... in a same driving condition (style), a 100% engine health start will "go" at a faster pace to 0% than, for instances, a 20% start... but it doesn't compensate, even though a 20% health at start loses health slower, it will (with the same driving style) arrive at 0% first than the 100% start. More on engine health... a 100% engine health is not equal to the quickest engine... it is kind of random... the "quickest" engine can be obtained at 98% or/and 67% while at 100% or 79% we have a less powerful engine... yes, I did many experiments with it (started them in that 250 minutes Le Mans event and the Viper at the long straight). Those of you with GTR2 experince know well what I'm talking about...

Tobias was at some of these endurance events (the most I think) so I'm sure that by doing these series he is taking into good account that experience and others from other clubs ;)

In the end, regarding class mixing, different cars, what people have to understand it that each one's victory is within himself... What I mean is for instances;

• If I go with a Seat GTS I know only a "miracle" could put me in 1st coming the final flag. So my "victory" is to take it home the best place possible and above all always finish the race.
  • If I start the race with a Porsche in Paul Ricard, I will have some work to do, but obviously I'm a prime candidate to final class victory... so my "personal" victory is to be the class winner.
  • If I start with a Ferrari, I know I've sort of the obligation to be among the quickest in practice, but in race I will be seating in a "time-bomb", perhaps a good challenge to "nurse" to the finish.
  • If I'm the best/quickest, a true Alien, I can take that bicycle and win all the same and show to those snails how it is really done... you get the point :tongue:
All this just to say the obvious, endurance racing isn't mostly about head-to-head close fight where car performance/speed balance is "a must". It isn't the usual winner takes all kind of "thing"... self motivation/ "wining" is all in the brain and everyone has its own objective relative to its own choices and dealt initial cards (car choice, starting engine, style of driving, wife friends are screaming in the back and so on) but one thing is sure and common to everyone... we have to finish it :wink:

*edit*
...Not really. Ask Sean Vohs how well his 997 held up at last years endurance event at Paul Ricard. Still have screen shots of it somewhere. Completely smashed and still finished. And that was a 180+ min event...

I've the replay of that race... don't forget that the biggest "bumps" he gave (or were given on him :biggrin:) was with the front of the Porsche. If it was the rear... an all different history :wink:

Thanks guys. A small grid but it was fun. Had an ok first race. Had trouble with the brake bias and spun out before I could adjust it. Got knocked off the track in flying fashion in the second race and ended up with suspension failure. But that's racing. Looking forward to the next one!

Thx Yves and RD for the event!

Race 1: Started 2nd, passed Ant at T1, he and Michal came right behind me for a few laps when Ant made a mistake. Then a few laps passed and I spun in T3 letting Michal by. Pushed hard and I managed to catch him, he made a little mistake at the back section of the track and I've tried to pass him on the inside. Then I was on the outside of the next turn where we arrived side by side. He spun at the exit and from then I only had to be careful not making a mistake again. Won the race.

Race 2: Start was ok, followed Michal, then I think he hit Freddie and all became chaos in a moment! While regaining control I accidentally hit Ant who was also spinning ahead of me (caught up by the incident). I decided to wait for him as I think I made his situation worse. Then after he passed, I made a few corners and noticed that my car doesn't really want to turn. Retired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.1%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 109 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 150 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 286 27.6%