RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

did rightnow a 2.58.330 TA file is ingame thanks to Ries i mixed your setup with my used your damper settings with the rest of my setup :)
only on the bump befor the bridge i have some problems but overall your damper settings are better then my :)

now i just need to find 1 min to get that 1.58.low Ries :p lol

Okay, I just dug through my old computer and grabbed an old setup for my aston martin (gt pro) and realized that I had misread the thread.... we're racing sport class... so I've got some testing to do!!! Which i don't mind and certainly don't mind on this track. Will probably test some after the mini race tonight. Wish we could have a server up to get some group running in together. Hint hint, eric...

Race Debrief!!

Overall this was my first event with this time zone. I had run a USMC event on a sunday afternoon with some other guys. That was fun but for some reason I was rather worked up for this event. I joined the server and started to practice with my C6-R. I have a strange affection for Watkins in the configuration that was run which further fueled my nerves as practice went on. The other racers were chatting away about proper lines through the S's which is something that I really enjoy about racing with RD groups as everyone seems like a nice person that is willing to share information. I used my own setup which is just a slightly tweaked version of the default C6-R setup. My tweaks felt just about right for my method of driving which is rather aggressive with the right loud pedal.

Qualifying: I ran some decent laps posting a 42.xxx lap that landing me on the 4th spot on the grid. Overall there was a pretty good mix of cars on the track which is very nice to see.

R1: race starts and I get a wonderful start. I realize going down to T1 that I am being waaaaaaaaaaay to aggresive and choose to back off and take my spot in line as to avoid a MOMENT at T1. The end of L1 is where the fun starts for me. I exit the last turn with quite a bit of oversteer and slide right into the pits which got me a black flag for speeding. Clearly I was going way too fast on pit entry. The next lap I served my stop and go and rejoined the race. About lap 6 is where I found Alex off in the boot. At this point the leaders were talking about fuel. Fuel was a problem for me as I had too much. Sure that slowed me down a little but with my pit stops I was out of the running.

R2: I start on the front row and again I launch my C6-R down the straight with sheer violence. I turn into turn one and start what I was going to consider 12 qualifying laps. I pushed hard for the first 6 laps with my nerves at level 11 of 10. WOW do I love racing. The middle of the race was the most entertaining as the P2 C6-R would gain a little on certain sectors and I would gain on others. I did have a moment again on the last turn which enabled the P2 C6 to assume the lead. In true sportsmanship the racer slows down as close racing is better than no racing. We dice through the corners resuming our battle (which was a great one) until the lead car has a moment of his own exiting the boot. Great commentary from a racer that was out!!! I tap him (no damage) and wait for him to gather himself up and resume the race. While we waiting the P3 car caught us and the last few laps were a close battle for the top 3 spots. I have another moment exiting the boot which allows the Audi I believe and the leader to battle it out for the win.

In mid race there was a bit of conversation related to me. Me being the new guy and all I was slighty concerned. There was a racer that was out due to an event that was watching the racing take place. He commented that I was on comms and that they might be able to rattle me a little. This was all in good fun as my reply was "you have been talking about me most of the race!!" All in good clean fun. In the end the racers were all very friendly and I have found a home for my racing. I greatly look forward to the next race as the conversation after the race was about possible locations for the next event. Me being the new guy I didnt want to put forth my opinion as I didnt know what had been run or what people liked to run. I also didnt know if I could make the next event and didnt want to be THAT guy that asks for a track only to be a no show.

The conversation revolved around the idea that GTP cars are fast and a track with fast sweeping corners would prove to be a great venue. I immediately think of north of our border to the land of maple leafs. MOSPORT. I hold my opinion only to learn that THAT is the track that has been chosen for the next event. WOW I cant wait.

Again thanks to all that raced as it was nice to be welcomed into a new group with great racers. I look forward to future events here.

Sam awesome race report! I am truly glad you had such a great time racing with us! Club racing is about the fun first and everything else takes a back seat.....pardon the pun!

Well you got MOSPORT! But which class did you vote for? LOL your thinking how great that back straight off moss will be in a c6-R?

Hey Sam, sorry for talking about you.... since you were so silent, i forgot to check if you were on coms.... But I hope I remember correctly that everything that I said was complimentary. You were handling that Vette quite nicely. Glad you had a great time and please join us again. I was saying that Eric could try to rattle you a bit via coms.... but only said that because I knew Eric wouldn't. And just please know that we'd never do that to anyone. Eric and I race a good bit together and kinda crack on each other from time to time just to liven things up. You'll find this is the cleanest and friendliest place (for the most part) to race on the web. We work hard to keep it that way.

Please accept my appoligy for that comment and know that I knew he wouldn't do that to you.... nor would anyone else here!!! Sending you a PM too.....

only drove the MOsler so far. Not sure which car is quickest in Sports since I could only beat Yves in a Spyker as often as he beat me............

I have no server control so not sure we can get it switched at that time of day to a GT event for practice

so far here's the vote tally. 2 are uncommitted so one of each goes to each class. Randy remains unvoted at this point.

PRO: Jarrod, Glenn

SPORTS: Eric E, Dennis, Eric N, Bill K., Sam M

I like Alex's idea about alternating! So whichever wins this week, the following week wil be the other class.

Apology accepted but not neccessary at all. :cool:

No harm no foul. Nothing you said was bad in anyway what so ever as I found it broke the ice of conversation with me the new guy.

I enjoyed every part of the event completely. I did find the "This Sam guy has some PACE" comment entertaining as I was PUSHING hard and it did get my nerves going even more than they were. But for me nerves are the best part of the entire experience for me. I wouldn't race if it didnt get the heart rate up.

I made a point to finish R1 knowing I was not in the running but I was a car on track which IMO is very important.

Friendly chit chat in events like this is great and only adds to the overall event.

I find no foul at all in anything that was said at all!!

See you guys at MOSPORT.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 147 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline