AC GT @ Silverstone - Saturday 7th Mar. 2015

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Had a nice & close battle with @Jimlaad43 in the opening laps, until I spun off in Becketts in lap 8 or 9. Was then in 12th I think, behind @Matt Bailey and @Ashley Cowan. Could pass Matt soon, but lacked the speed on the straights to get past Ashley. Was within 1-2 seconds for more than 10 laps, always closing in in the corners, just to see him pulling away on the straights again :laugh:

Thanks for the fun guys, will definitely be back for more races. :)
The Australian start times are way more convenient for me than the European ones :roflmao:

pffft had no pace. That GX is too slow with me behind the wheel. Probably the most uneventful 60 minute race I've ever done :rolleyes: Still good fun though guys. Well done @Akis for beating that @Sun Levi alien.

Looking forward to next weekend :D

Thanks guys that was good fun!

I apologize to whoever I made contact with at Becketts (white ferrari I think). I had lost my bearings after being forced off the track at Maggots, and couldn't tell how close I was to the actual track. @Jimlaad43 sorry mate but I don't really understand what you were trying to do there as you had a big pace advantage and would've got past me a few corners later anyway :/

Apart from that it was very enjoyable. I cut it too close for fuel again though I needed 1 more litre and I'd have been fine, but I made it to the finish regardless so no harm done.

Cheers fellas, looking forward to racing with you all again at the laserscanned Ring next weekend after Lewis has claimed the first win of the season (and wiped the floor with that German/Finnish/Monaco chap along the way :D).

My average lap during the race went like this...
First corner brake hit the curb and slide out to the outside curb which then sets on another slide through turn 2. Hit the sausage curb at turn 3 miss the apex at turn 4. Slide through turn 5 and get loose on the astroturf. Slide through turn 6 into turn 7 where I run wide due to understeer that appeared from nowhere. Slide through turn 8 and then turn 9. Some more sliding through Maggots, Becketts and Chapel. Then incredible understeer through Stowe before more sideways action to finish the lap.

As Sun said the car is consistently slow but I would say it was consistently sideways. I think I lost about 10 years of my life driving this car tonight.

I apologize to whoever I made contact with at Becketts (white ferrari I think). I had lost my bearings after being forced off the track at Maggots, and couldn't tell how close I was to the actual track. @Jimlaad43 sorry mate but I don't really understand what you were trying to do there as you had a big pace advantage and would've got past me a few corners later anyway :/
Nothing was your mistake, I just lagged massively, so there wasn't much I could do.

I didn't see you lag at all on my end, but it's all good mate, no hard feelings :) sometimes these things happen.
It was an optimistic move by me anyway. I was up the inside into the left, and tried to go around the outside for the right hander. Just as I turned right, the screen froze for about half a second, so there was nothing I could do.

congrats too the pod guys , had a funny sought of a start got stuck behind mciver at the start i think he was finishing his last stubby and forgot to turn his engine on , and thanks too jamie and ashley for giving a couple of positions back , the race itself was enjoyable but hardwork coming too the end ,cheers too chris and tony again for setting up

congrats too the pod guys , had a funny sought of a start got stuck behind mciver at the start i think he was finishing his last stubby and forgot to turn his engine on , and thanks too jamie and ashley for giving a couple of positions back , the race itself was enjoyable but hardwork coming too the end ,cheers too chris and tony again for setting up

I was still trying to get my setup sorted, when i put in the fuel i needed to complete the race, it said "setup not valid" and i started with 9 laps of fuel. Was 6th in terms of fastest laps haha just amateur mistakes. Great fun though

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back