AC GT Semi-Enduro @ Spa-Francorchamps - Sat 18th Oct. 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Hi Stefan the server can now set all the aids. I think if the car has ABS/TC on it it will be available on the server, Chris can confirm this.
I would appreciate if everyone must use the same settings or at least the factory settings of the car. maybe the host could add this to the general information of the event. What fuel settings, wheel settings are used, etc. That would be really cool if that's possible.

I missed the EU race, sooo, could you sign me up in the 458 GT2 please? :)
We have a full grid mate. Sorry.

I would appreciate if everyone must use the same settings or at least the factory settings of the car. maybe the host could add this to the general information of the event. What fuel settings, wheel settings are used, etc. That would be really cool if that's possible.
  • Fuel consumption = 100%
  • Tyre wear = 100%
  • ABS = Factory settings, so if the car has ABS in real life, then the user can choose to turn it on/off. If the car doesn't have ABS as factory standard, then you cannot turn it on at all.
  • TC = Same as ABS.
  • Stability Control = Off for all cars.
  • Auto-clutch = Allowed, but irrelevant in GT cars as they're all sequential gearboxes, so it makes no difference.
  • Damage = we are still figuring out the best value to address the cracked windscreen bug. Personally I think it should be set to 100% because the bug will occur in the same way even if we set the damage to 1%.

These are the settings regulated by the server. All the rest is entirely up to you're own ingenuity (car setup, pit stops, tyre choice, fuel load etc.).

Last edited:
We have a full grid mate. Sorry.

• Fuel consumption = 100%
  • Tyre wear = 100%
  • ABS = Factory settings, so if the car has ABS in real life, then the user can choose to turn it on/off. If the car doesn't have ABS as factory standard, then you cannot turn it on at all.
  • TC = Same as ABS.
  • Stability Control = Off for all cars.
  • Auto-clutch = Allowed, but irrelevant in GT cars as they're all sequential gearboxes, so it makes no difference.
  • Damage = we are still figuring out the best value to address the cracked windscreen bug. Personally I think it should be set to 100% because the bug will occur in the same way even if we set the damage to 1%.

These are the settings regulated by the server. All the rest is entirely up to you're own ingenuity (car setup, pit stops, tyre choice, fuel load etc.).

I agree damage should be 100% otherwise you can abuse the gearbox by downshifting quickly.

Hi, so are we going for a rolling start ?
Yes.
Will outline the details of it in the PM when I send it this arvo.

It's mostly because there's a bug that some people will sometimes get where by they start from the pitlane despite setting a qualifying lap, and so the pace lap will allow them to regain their position.

It's also to reduce the chances of a first corner demolition derby, which at Spa is highly likely when you have 24, fully laden with fuel GT cars going into La Source.

Yes.
Will outline the details of it in the PM when I send it this arvo.

It's mostly because there's a bug that some people will sometimes get where by they start from the pitlane despite setting a qualifying lap, and so the pace lap will allow them to regain their position.

It's also to reduce the chances of a first corner demolition derby, which at Spa is highly likely when you have 24, fully laden with fuel GT cars going into La Source.

This is the fear of standing starts xD

My sincerest apologies to those on the reserve list as I had to drop out through internet connection issues. I guess having a full grid is too much for my poxy connection speed. I'm using adsl from an old cabinet which a lot of people use so it slows down at exactly the wrong time :( I'm getting a rural broadband on the 30th which means there will be no bandwidth drop so everything should be alright for the VFAC (fingers crossed).
Hope everyone had a great race, you lucky buggers!!

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back