AC GT Semi-Enduro @ Spa-Francorchamps - Sat 18th Oct. 2014

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
What is going to be the rule for damage? Just exit to pits if you cannot drive further and then continue on?
Well if you sustain damage, then you can try and make it back to the pits and do a pitstop.
I'm not sure what happens, now that we have pitstops, if you do the ESC / Back to Pits during a race if you can't physically make it back to the pits.

I guess we'll see :)

Well if you sustain damage, then you can try and make it back to the pits and do a pitstop.
I'm not sure what happens, now that we have pitstops, if you do the ESC / Back to Pits during a race if you can't physically make it back to the pits.

I guess we'll see :)

I think it keeps you the lap you were on currently and resets you to pit so you still have to complete the lap?

gonna be utter nightmare with damage now enabled.

Well my opinion is gonna be different to the others i say pish posh to rolling starts.
Where is the challenge to that. if your in position 22 at the rear of the grid by the time you get to
turn one the leaders have bolted. front of the grid your still gonna have X amount of cars still heading into turn one with the same risk of Damage ????? with a standing start u can gain a few spots if you get a good start on others don't. We just have to give racing room and keep a cool head. I Know when the lights goes out the red mist drops your a racer. There is risk of damage that's racing.

Anyway I'll get off my soap box now and what ever it is it is I'll go along with it.

will certainly need to turn damage multiplier down as the smallest touch to your rear end causes the front windscreen to shatter.

On another note tonight 8.30 aest whoever wants to jump onto my practice server Sniperac
we will do a bit of a test run on spa to see what we need to modify. the more people the better.

damage will be at 40%

Yeah these cars are so frail with this damage model. The slightest brush with another car and your windscreen cracks, amongst other bodywork flashing up on the damage indicator.

I'm hoping for drivable fps! Let it be so!!

will certainly need to turn damage multiplier down as the smallest touch to your rear end causes the front windscreen to shatter.

On another note tonight 8.30 aest whoever wants to jump onto my practice server Sniperac
we will do a bit of a test run on spa to see what we need to modify. the more people the better.

damage will be at 40%
I'll be there Tony

Well my opinion is gonna be different to the others i say pish posh to rolling starts.
Where is the challenge to that. if your in position 22 at the rear of the grid by the time you get to
turn one the leaders have bolted. front of the grid your still gonna have X amount of cars still heading into turn one with the same risk of Damage ????? with a standing start u can gain a few spots if you get a good start on others don't. We just have to give racing room and keep a cool head. I Know when the lights goes out the red mist drops your a racer. There is risk of damage that's racing.

Anyway I'll get off my soap box now and what ever it is it is I'll go along with it.

The rolling start is designed so not as many people go into turn 1 at once. You will be less likely to encounter those silly 3-wide situations on one of the tighter corners of the track. The rolling start will make the qualifying critical if you want to start near the front of the grid. Also the race is 30 laps. That's a really long race and you'll definitely catch people if you are running at a faster pace.

With the race being so long are we doing pitstops? Personally I'd like to do a standing start but happy with whatever. Because there are so many cars on track a rolling start might be better for fps however.. haven't done an online race with so many cars before, hopefully there'll be no problems

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back