RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Istanbul Turkey:

Welcome to Club Racing Live! I am your host Davey donuts and joined by my intrepid colleague & pit reporter Bonnie Lugnuts!

Davey: We had ourselves some real excitement here today at Istanbul! With a mixed field of international competitors and the ever popular WTCC87 Vintage class running, it was fun for all involved.

Bonnie(she has a sexy Aussie Accent) Right you are Davey! It was indeed a very fun race day here in Turkey. Practice and qualifying were dominated by the ever fast YVES LAROSE from quebec Canada.He clearly set the mark in practice at a solid 2:05. ONce the qualifying session started he lightened up the fuel load and put down a blistering 2:03! the rest of the drivers were just shaking their heads and wondering if he would pass tech for the race!:rotfl: The remaining drivers were varied in their times and the field was set for Race 1.

davey: Yes Race 1 was indeed dominated most of the way by Larose and P2 qualifier Gary Lennon in the (gulp swallow hard) ALFA ROMEO. We witnessed some brilliant racing by those two! never seperated by more than 3-4 car lengths and the lead swapped twice it was excitment extraordinaire! Lennon ended up best Larose' World Championship Bimmer after he went agricultural on lap 10. This propelled Wild Bill Yunck to second!

Bonnie: Indeed it was great to watch! BTW Davey we saw an appearance again by that promising Yankee Eric Nelson here today! He seemed to be no worse for wear after his inauspicious debut in Singapore in the V8 Supercars.

Davey: OH he's the gentleman you had a trist with in his transporter in Singapore, right? Something about Vegetable oil and icecream cake if I remember right!:in-love: HOw did that work out for ya Bonnie?

Bonnie:( coughing ) aaaaah weeeelllllll uuummmm never mind about that npw! I did manage to get a few minutes of his time after the racing was done to find out how his weekend went. Lets have a listen to the interview!

Bonnie: I am here with Eric Nelson after race 2 to see how he's feeling about the teams performance today. It started pretty rough for you again Eric but it seems that it went better in race 2. what happened out there?

Eric: Hey Bonnie it's another great day of racing for us at team mid pack. I have to thanks Race Department again for Promoting another fun event! And props to my fellow drivers for a fun and well driven race series! Again we found ourselves with this opportunity last minute and decided to jet over from Singapore to race our Vintage Bimmer! We qualified 6th in race 1 which was way better than we had anticipated. Got off to a weak start dropping back to 9th after an incident with some rogue named GERARD D.... who just shoved us pretty hard off the track and continued on his way. The stewards might want to review the tape on that one!He later went off on the following lap and DNF'd due to a suspension issue and retired the car I guess as he was absent for race 2. We had moved up to 6th I beleive when the engine expired. I was clearly too hard on the car and our S14 engine tossed the #4 bearing which is typical on these units in race trim.

Bonnie: Well at least you showed some promising speed and form. How did race 2 go?

Eric: Well since we were dead last in 1 we got pole in race 2. This was not great for us as we felt responsible to get off the line well and not impede the obviously faster cars. We got going clean and held the lead for lap 1. Lap2 saw Larose take P1 again.I held ground for lap2 until a punting off got us back to P3. From P3 we spun it off turn 1. Dropped to P7 after we rejoined in 7th. we had a VERY CLOSE call w/ one of the Alfas who looped it at turn 4 and was parked in the middle of the race line.I then progressed through the field and had some awesome battles along the way! we got in a nice scrap with Sean Vohs and JOern van Toorn! a couple of real gentlemen and clean racers! In fact on lap 6 I passed them both between them going up the hill after turn 1 after they both had a near miss accident and I had momentum! they were cool about it and left us al lroom to continue on and thats the mark of a true racing driver in my opinion!:good:

Bonnie: are you saying you went between them? you mean one on each side like a menage a trois?

Eric: Bonnie you really are a minx aren't you there love!:wink2: Yep I just went gliding right through the middle of them. here'a a nice polaroid of the move! If I could just get the friggin screenshot to upload to photobuckt!After this Bonnie it was Joern and my self giving and taking time until he managed to pass me in that awful "W" section at the end of the fast straight. He then immedaiately cooked turn 1 and I was able to put 2 tires on the curbing and get by going up the hill again. I suspect his car went away as he slowly lost ground after that.

Bonnie: So all in all would you say you had a successful race weekend Eric?

Eric: Well we managed to finish the second race in P4 and showed some race craft in the process. I am still getting used to driving al these different cars on al lthese new tracks so our true form hasn't shown up yet I think. ONce the team gets the setups better and I get more seat time, we can maybe make a serious run at a win. If we could get over to Limerock Park or Watkins Glen in these cars I would be considerably stronger. For now, we are happy with our effort and result! So what ya doing after this Bonnie?

Bonnie: Well Eric after the veggie oil and ice cream cake incident I'll have to say I'm busy today.

Eric: No no this time we can use a latex balloon and this amazing new....:kiss2::in-love::wink2: the screen fades..........

How dare you make out that this is anything but highly competative:pissed-off:.

Fun..........Fun........... How very dare you.:kissing:

Well you did stick around last time just to see me crash :nod: :nod:

And you do like to start some events at the back of the grid with no quali so don't try and make out to us you don't do this just for fun. :nod:
We all know it's bull:poop: :nod:

Otherwise we will have to :boxing: you :lol:

LOL! Eric nice post! (and nice racing :))

1st race started 7th, had some fighting in the beginning but then i hit that pole in T3 (or T4). I saw Sean coming towards me that lap as i had some suspension damage and my wheel was turned right. I decided to go on and the next lap Sean hit that same pole right behind me. From there it was just finishing the race. Being 5th i believe.

Race 2 i started ok. could keep up with Yves and Eric (Yves i think it was you who had that monster start?). Somehow i had a braking problem at the end of the long straight. I braked where i did before but just went off the track. There i was with Eric behind me and Sean in front off me. Sean made a spin in the chicane before the long straight, and i could barely avoid a crash. That slowed me down so Eric passed us and even Sean was with me. Like Eric said, we swapped places and being a bit tired i just could not concentrate enough so i had to let go.

Nice clean driving all! Had a great time again with you. Thnx Yves and RD for putting this one up!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 80 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 59 9.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 65 10.2%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 39 6.1%