RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Had great fun, but oh boy....this car is more than a hand full :)

Race 1: Start (with a full 25 car field :)) was really messy, too many people taking too much risk in first few corners (don't know why, cause like everybody knows F1's are difficult to drive and are even harder to drive with cold tires and cold brakes). So after T4 already made up 5 spots and was driving in P11. But then (again, in practice i went off there 5 times or so.......*doh*) in the Renault corner i went too wide, clipped the curbs head on, car went instable and spun off into the barriers with 200+ kmh....race over.

Luckily i had 19 laps remaining to think about a good strategy (how not to crash) for race 2.

Race 2: with lots of dropouts (too many imo) and some disconnects, we had 16 cars left on the grid for race 2.
I had a bad start, but i could manage to keep the car in one piece to T1. But then again (*double doh*) i damaged the car in Lap 1. I went too early on the throttle and lost the car: front wing gone! This time all wheel were still on the car, so i could make it to the pits. After some repairs i was good to go again, but already 1 lap down on the leaders. Anyway i was determent to get this car home :)

At last i managed to get a grip on this car. Rest of the race went quite fine (some minor errors, but no damage to the car) and i even got home on P7!

Thanks guys and see you next time!

You now look like a Mansell/Tron lookalike mate ... :tongue:

Put me as a maybe on this pls mate ... not sure I can make ... but will try, and it will be real nice to drive some GT Pros again - propa man's car :)

BTW ... any chance of varying the start times and running an event one hour later at some point? I never seem to make it to my PC before 21:00 these days so miss most races :/

New infractions reporting in effect for contact while racing! See below!

We have a fresh, new way of reporting and punishing incidents in the Racing Club, using an infractions system -You are actively encouraged to use this system - we like to keep driving standards high - so if you feel you were wronged in any way during an event simply send the event organiser a private message detailing the incident. Do not post reports/accusations in the thread itself - negativity and anger gets us nowhere.

Infractions Explained.

The rankings system now contains infraction points for every driver. These infractions come from reported incidents in club races where the Race Staff deem that a penalty is appropriate for the offender. Infractions are meant as a non-destructive way of policing the golden rules.

Each Driver will start with 5 points or lives. When an incident takes place and is investigated, the Race Staff will give one or more infraction points if an offence was committed. When a driver reaches 5 points he will serve a suspension from the racing club of 1 month, after which he will be free to join events again. Three suspensions will result in permanent removal from the Racing Club. The Race Staff may consider full removal at the second suspension depending upon circumstances such as the severity of incidents, the driver’s past conduct and time between offences/suspensions.

Each penalty point awarded will also deduct -20pts from the driver’s total rank score.

Each penalty point will last for a period of six months, after which the infraction point will be removed from drivers remaining points. They will not however have the -20pts ranking deduction returned to them.

All infractions awarded will be publicly displayed in the Infraction thread here.

Guide to Penalties

As mentioned above the infraction points awarded may vary depending on the severity of the incident. Infractions are awarded only for breaches of the golden rules, the most important of which is waiting and giving the position back to the other driver. Not waiting after an accident will increase the penalty imposed for any accident;

1 point could be given for spinning one car accidentally.
2 points for non-malicious contact that causes heavy damage to one car or involves other cars. Turn one incidents also.
2 points for spinning two or more cars accidentally but not causing heavy damage.
3 points for over-aggressive driving that causes heavy damage to one car.
4 points for over-aggressive driving that causes heavy damage to two or more cars.
5 points for deliberately spinning somebody out.

NOTE: These are meant only as a guide. The Racing Staff review every individual incident collectively and in a democratic way, taking full account off the circumstances of the incident.

Any further questions can be asked in the Driver and Nations Rankings here. Do not use this forum for the discussion of individual cases, please direct queries of this nature to the Racing Staff member who ran the event via pm.

Before that though I had a ugly incident with some poor soul. Completely missed my braking point at the end of the back straight and smacked into the right rear corner of his car. Sorry dude. Stupid mistake. I was watching you instead of the road.

That was me and my car was unrepairable. :( However I did something similar on the first lap so you are forgiven. Luckily when I did it I managed to avoid hitting anyone.

Okay, we need 8 more drivers for a full field. Lets each send out invitations (not just eric this time) to anyone you can think of that may enjoy these cars or have driven them with us before. Lets get a full event. I know 2 guys right off the bat that I'm going to invite. Lets take ownership of this group and fill this event!!! SO, go now.... invite 4 people.... If all 16 of us do that... with some overlap of course.... we'll get dozens of new drivers to take a look at this event and hopefully begin joining us.....

4 people... GO... The more personal the better... if you know them... sell the event to them... IMO it's the best event of the week here at RD.

Jarrod the Navy needs men like you!

I like Jarrod's point about inviting friends as we really do have the best community here at RD of all online racing forums.

:ast week we had more than 75% of drivers in the field on TEAMSPEAK! This is where you really develope your love of racing at RD. Chatting with friends while playing something you really enjoy!

we really want people standing on the porch for 2 days waiting to get in!

"Do you have 4 black shirts?" "Do you have 4 pairs of black pants?" 4 pairs of black socks? 2 pair of black boots?"

Name the character and the movie!

Something like that was in Band of Brothers when they were welcoming the new recruits to Easy Co. But I don't think it was black shirts and 2 pair of boots.... So... I'll pass.

Roger that on the community. It's simply awesome. And teamspeak makes it personal... not just some server where you race and leave.

I've been running the European club event for Mini's on Friday, I loved the 80 minute races they were having. Those were dropped in favor of the multi track Mini events. I was sort of stuck in a rut driving jut the GT cars and the Mini's. Let's see what Thursday nights have in store.

I see, skateboards tonight! I have a hard time with these and their never ending rpm's. It takes me a while to get into these torquless wonders. There's suposed to be aconnection between the wheel and the road somewhere, I haven't found that with these cars yet.

R1: A good roll off the line and a fine first lap. I blow the exit to the Tosa hairpin on L2 and Stefan goes by putting me in P5. Bill and Larry almost catch up with me too. I make no more bad mistakes but I'm all alone for the rest of the race.

R2: Another good rolloff but it seems everyone got this one right. Yves pulls out followed by Bill, then me and Vince right behind. I get the feeling he's being held up. Into the Variante Alta, I've pulled right along side Bill with Vince still close. I realized going into it that it wasn't "my" turn but braking action has made it mine so I continue to pass. Unforunate Bill climbs a curb he hadn't been expecting to hit and rockets ahead of me on the exit, where I run into his side and knock him into Vin's path. As he regains the track Larry passes in his coat tails and I'm P last. Bill is off exiting Rivassa and I'm looking for Larry. I find him recovering from a spin on L3 at Tosa and fail to get enough to the left. I struggle back to the pit for a new wing and the rest of the race I try to stay out of trouble!

Thanks to all and RD. I should be back.

LOL, didn't even see that part... Just read the second part... Didn't exactly use your clues to full advantage did i?

And how dare you refer to Band of Brothers as a series.... it IS THE series. It's a legendary work of art so watch your tone when referencing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back