RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

well 2 very intense races good fun, not so good resaults

race 1, i was punted of and flipped on to the roof,lol from 12th to dead last in secs. i managed to fight to get back to 14th with a car that was awful to drive though so happy with that, great battle with freddie for lat 10 mins just didnt have anough of a car and tyres were to far gone to challenge,

race 2, i got caught up in a group of spinning cars and damaged again, then hit a barrier avoiding a car that just pulled out back on track, then dnf'd as car was shot and not fun to drive would just got in the way, shame great fun racing though never the less

think the chat rule and rejoining track saftly rule needs to forced alitttle more though loads of it going on tonight,

Qualification: last place,didn't qualified
Race1: Place8
Race2: DNF i got angry and leaved. I didn't had a good position at the wheel on my chair and i was nervous because of that and i couldn't concentrate and also i had a crash in lap2 that send me from p2 on last place again.

Overall,nice Race1! Grats winners! :D

Well that was an interesting morning.
I woke up at 5am to find my wife holding our daughter saying she was taking her up to the medical center (false alarm which was good).
Anyway, I lay awake at 5.30am, unable to go back to sleep & so I fired up the game to see what was happening. Straight away I see the DTM server in Practice so I quickly went to RD to see what was happening & to see if there was still room for me to join. Turns out there was so I quickly joined & got teamspeak running too.
I love Zandvoort & it was easy to find a fast setup here. The DTM cars hate bumps & so I lifted the Packers, Ride height and springs. Then lowered the wing and coast and from there it was just a case of maintaining even tyre wear over 4 - 5 laps.

Car felt great & put down a fast lap of 1m35.6 in Practice with Race fuel.

Qual (1) - Dropped the fuel and radiator and set a blistering time of 1m34.0. Was very surprised to gain that much time.
Qual (2) - Another good lap but ran slightly wide through the bumpy fast, long right hander and lost .5 giving a Lap time was 1m34.5
Race 1 - Very even off the line with all the top 3 getting good starts. I held the line into T1 and just kept the car on track to win the race eventually with around 13 seconds back to Remco.

I must say the backmarkers did a great job. I had no issues at all with guys when I was coming through. All made it fairly obvious as to when they were letting me through which was fantastic. Thanks!

Because the server issue in qualifying put the event behind in time schedule, I couldn't attend Race 2. Otherwise I'd be late for work. (Typing this from work :)

Thanks to all for the race, it was great fun & very nice to meet some new friends in TS.

I became a ghost in the qualy together with a few other I believe. Many thanks for waiting guys and skipping the sessions :doublethumb:

Qualy had the 4th spot, could have been quicker but was not enough concentrated after the restart.
Race 1 had a good start and a good pace and finished 2nd :) Steve was in front of me but hell what pace he had, nice one steve!

2nd race was more fun, more fights for positions, was cool. I believe we were fighting for 3rd place with 4 cars. Tapped Ronny in de Audi s and he spun, so had to give back the position. followed in 9th place. After that was though to get my pace back, but after a few laps I was on speed again :)
After some very intense battles, I really dont know who I was fighting with, have to look that back in the replay :). But was pure fun. Finished in 5th so not bad.

Enjoyed myself again with these DTM's very exciting and close racing, awesome! :)

Grats to the winners and the podium, good racing.

Cya next time!

Edit: I remember :) Had a great fight with Claudio in the end of the race, great racing mate! was a cool fight!

I became a ghost in the qualy together with a few other I believe. Many thanks for waiting guys and skipping the sessions :doublethumb:
I think both Bjorn & I stepped straight into ADMIN mode once the server did it's little dance & sing to make sure there was time given for people who had been dropped to at least have a chance to rejoin before moving on.
And although some people didn't like the fact that we re-qualified, I thought it was only fair as the drop happened in the middle of some people's hotlaps. I don't want a good qual spot unless it is truly earned.

Guys I am trying to do my own setup and I need yours help, what should I change if my back is hardly understeering in the end of turn when accelerating? and what should I change for not loosing power there? I always when I center the wheel lose speed
thanks

and I confirm my participate

Attachments

• Race_Steam 2010-07-06 12-38-45-79.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-07-06 12-38-45-79.jpg
    130.5 KB · Views: 208
  • Race_Steam 2010-07-06 12-38-48-50.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-07-06 12-38-48-50.jpg
    131.8 KB · Views: 213
  • Race_Steam 2010-07-06 12-38-49-84.jpg
    Race_Steam 2010-07-06 12-38-49-84.jpg
    130 KB · Views: 188