RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Entry list:

1: Barry Morse
2: Simon Gardner Skin
3: Richard Trange
4: Dan Watson
5: Reggie Blain
6: Matt Clark
7: Dan Allinson
8: James Fellows
9: Wayne Douglas
10: Péter Bártfai
11: Dubravko Vučković
12: Rickard Javanainen
13: Robert Helling
14: Bram Hengeveld
15: Caramidaru Andrei Bogdan
16: Linus Pettersson
17: Satoru Ohno
18: Jadran Dimic
19: Danny Pattiwael
20:
21:
22:
23: Bob Miley (Maybe)
24: Pieter Theron (maybe)
25: Ondrej Kapal (maybe)

Reserve list

1:
2:
3:
4:
5:

Thx everyone for the event!

Q: 3rd
Race 1: Dropped a win by going just 1 cm wider... the grass pull me to the wall, lost the front end of the car completely, race over. Well, this happens when you're driving on the limit, especially in a car that has the wheel on the wrong side:p Was extremely sad, but at least I got back the chance after Reggie pulling out, as I became 8th, so
Race 2: started from pole and won. At the end I didn't push as hard as I made a small error in lap 8 (lost about 1-1,5 sec with that, not much), and I didn't want to repeat the disaster of race 1.

So for me it's a DNF and a win. Seems like I'll always have the same numbers there:)

See you guys next time!

Great race tonight guys, as usually I brought up the rear. Got a 8th place I believe in the first race and finished last in the second. I thought I was going to be able to give you a good fight Eric E. and Larry but I made too many mistakes. You can believe me when I say I will work on that and it will not happen again. Atleast I finished both races so I'm happy. Next time I will be more consistent. Hey how about some open wheel cars for next Thursday?

Congrats to Jan who placed well in both races on his first club race night.

I usuallydon't race on thurdays since I play in a pretty big poker game but tonight I just didn;t have poker blood.

Sitting at the puter and checking the usual RD stuff and se a fresh post in this event thread. My brain goes "hey you can race this it's still 15 mins to Quali!"

Practice: never raced these cars before so I am totally in left field on setup etc. I select the SIMBIN track setup and start hacking up a configuratoin.

Quali: Well I grid 6th and am pleased with it. Still trying to get the car dialed in tho.

Warm up: tweek the car best I can.

R1: get a good start and lose one spot going down the straight when to Reggie when I am high thru T1 after light contact with Leandro. T2 reggie slides wide and I hold a tight line a take back 6th. Willam N is right there behind me but driving brilliantly not to pop me off the track. tHIS WAS ON E OF THE CLEANEST STRATS IN REALLY FAST CARS ON COLD TIRES I HAVE SEEN IN QUITE SOME TIME! wELL DONE EVERYONE! Entering the main straight Yves and Jan have light contact allowing Leandro and I to split them and gain 2 spots.

L2 I am P4 and get a massive run on Leandro down the long straight. I think about a big braking pass but Leandro is inside so I let him go knowing he is prett likely to swing wide at T2 and I can pass him like I did wioth Reggie. It works I am P3!

L3 -13 I run well keeping a good gap on 4th. Peter and Tyler have checked out on me! Peter goes off with 2 remaining and I finish P2! WOW!

R2: Strting 7th now. Tyler is behind me in 8th and I know he has wwaaaaaay more speed than I do. I am resigned to certainly not winning this event overall unless he has some bad luck.

Start: I take off like arocket but bump Eric E at T1 he doesn't go off but I have to wait a bit. I gte one spot from Eric exiting T1 and running very hard up to Larry S. I get a bit ahead of him getting into the braking zone but he has position inside. I get ready to shut it down early when he shuts down first and I get to P4 chasing Yves.

L2 Yves and Willam go off at T2! WOW I am P2! I laop and lap and lap watching Motec to see where Tyl;er is after he has an off on Lap 1. huh I might just win this overall!

I watch Tyler on Motec slowly gain spots. I try to do some math about points as its likely he wil be 1s.3rd while I wil be 2x2. Hhhmmmm

Then I have that stupidity moment and misss a downshift with 2 laps to go. I am trying to get on track as I have a 6 second lead on Tyler. I loop the car and Tyler goes by. I am sick. Then Yves and William pass as well. I chase and pass William but Yves is too fast.

I finish P4 and 2nd overall.

This event was waaaaaaaaaay better than I expected! Nice to see some others whow up for this! JAn Somers came out of nowhere and had racing speed too! Thanks for showing up Jan and be sure to come back soon!

Grats to Peter for the win in Race 2. You and Tyler were clearly the class of the bunch tonight!

Had fun with all of you but missed you on TEAMSPEAK! get it installed and enjoy the race even more when you can chat with your fellow drivers!

Cheers hope to see you guys tomorrow night at Mid Ohio in Touring cars!
Race_Steam 2010-04-22 22-01-35-89.jpgRace_Steam 2010-04-22 22-12-20-99.jpgRace_Steam 2010-04-22 22-34-46-64.jpgRace_Steam 2010-04-22 22-57-26-62.jpgRace_Steam 2010-04-22 22-58-48-90.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 102 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 184 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 362 28.1%