GT PRO @ Mugello GP - Monday April 26th, 2010

Eric Dennis

100RPM
Absolutely mate! I've had to back out of other leagues that due Saturday racing due to my schedule, so I will definitely keep the other week days in mind. It's good to finally start racing here.

Dennis Phelan

8000RPM
Premium
Since I like torture so much, can me in. It's crazy, I like racing so much but suck at it so bad:confused:.
Me too but:

"We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard, because that goal will serve to organize and measure the best of our energies and skills, because that challenge is one that we are willing to accept, one we are unwilling to postpone, and one which we intend to win, and the others, too." JFK

Bill Kaiser

250RPM
Oops, wrong race - my apologies. Obviously, I meant the Mid-Ohio race Friday night. Sorry, Eric. I will try to figure out my scedule for Monday in the next day.

What kind of times are competitive around this circuit? I've never run this before so I really have no point of reference - right now I'm bottoming out in the 48s after about 20 laps but I feel like there's much more time to shave off...

In practice mode with full race fuel onboard my first timed lap is a 1:47 in the vette. I am going to try Eric's DB setup. I will upload my vette setup once some more tweaks are put into it.

Dennis Phelan

8000RPM
Premium
For those not quite so fast.
I've gotten both the vette and the db9 to the 1:50.xxx hoping to get a little bit out by pushing the tires to the LIMIT, lol!

What kind of times are you running in that screamer? I can run in the high 48s with your setup for an entire fuel run. I just dont enjoy the car. I dont know if it is the sound or the combination of how it drives and the sound. I just dont enjoy it 8(

Eric Nelson

5000RPM
Sam thats setup was default with a gearing vhange only and ran a high 47 but could run 48's all day long for sure. The 47 on replay was a sloppy lap that could have yielded a high 46.

BTW that was a 3 lap run in total for me so not much real info to work with yet.

It's a boring car to drive. This means it's on rails and so easy to drive it's boring! But a car like that can win you races. Like when I used to play a ton of golf back in the day. When I shoot a 78-79 it was usually boring! you hit 1/2 the greens in regulation and 2 putted quite a bit to go low. when you looked back, it was boring! no scrambling to save par every hole or having to make something miraculous to stay below 80.

I am goin got test a couple more cars later and see what I like best but my suspicion is the DBR is the car to beat here in a race. Hotlapping is another story........

Eric Estes

1000RPM
For those not quite so fast.
I've gotten both the vette and the db9 to the 1:50.xxx hoping to get a little bit out by pushing the tires to the LIMIT, lol!
I'm right about there (1:51.1) with the DB9 (modified Eric N Setup - less wing and softer front bar/springs) and (surprisingly) the Storm (Modified Monza setup) - can also do ok in the Viper by rolling the corners. Going to try Sam's 'Vette setup before racetime.

I tired the DBR and Audi here. About 5 laps each. The DBR is fast, but it really doesn't give me any feel. The Audi is a bit more work, but it has a very good feel around here, much like Brno, resulting in faster, more consistent laps in the Audi.

Eric Nelson

5000RPM
I have a second setup fr the DBR thats considerably better. Slapped it down, trimmed the wing, longer gearing, softer springs and bars.

Try it out. I wil be testing others since I have time to do those things these days.

Eric Nelson

5000RPM
Ran nice low 47's consistently in the Saleen S7 and tipped a 46.8 on lap 3 of a 7 lap test.

This track remnds me of Riverside. Do I take a car that handles or a car that flies down the straight?

Top Bottom