RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Sorry I bailed on you guys during qualifing. I was unable to complete even one clean lap, and I'd rather DQ myself than be the cause of a crash that takes out drivers that can handle these cars. I'm not giving up on these cars and I will keep practicing. I hope to be more prepared for sunday's club race.

Weeeee! Put some wings on that and you just might fly Sean! Gettin' some air time! awesome! I've uploaded my skin for tonight to HERE.

I am only going to be able to join for the first race, just want to get some racing in this week, I'm pretty busy with work I've got another early day tomorrow, so I'll see you all for practice tonite, I should be on early to get some good laps in..

Terrible race for me. I didn't have the pace of leaders but got to a consistent 2:19 which I felt would have got me to a steady finish. I made a good cautious start and avoided a few bang ups. At the end of lap 1, I saw Jari coming up quickly behind ad was trying to give him room, but I got on the curb, lost it and spun across the track taking my self and Bill out. I made a whole lap with broken suspension but the car stopped in pit lane and wouldnt move again. Two laps and my race was done. It was my first ever lap one DNF. I was seriously bummed, but there is always next week...

• Matt Crouch

going to have to withdraw as I'm picking up my car on Saturday, won't be back till monday probably...

the backstrain will probably be too much :wink2:

Qual: Decided to give it a go in the Gumpert for the first time, so I spent most of practice/qual trying to find a stable setup that would work on a no-stop strategy. Made it down into the 2:17.xx range, which was good enough for P9.

Race: I had a strong start which was nice, picked up a position or two right off the bat. All was well until Kemmel when I watched someone miss the braking zone and go straight off, and said to myself "Man, that sucks he's going straight off". Naturally, being the compassionate person I am, I followed him straight off myself :damnit:. That promptly put me back in P14, and I spent the rest of the race digging myself out of that hole. Had a pretty good battle with Lee for a few laps - he was tough to pass because he had just enough lag to make my heart skip everytime I pulled out to pass. In fact I think I gave you a bump once heading into Kemmel because of a lag incident, sorry about that - didn't look like it caused you much trouble though. I've gotta say, Bob, you were very fast today. Well done! You had your Aston dialed in. Eventually the usual Spa attrition set in, and by the end the field was whittled down from 16 to 8. Finished in P6.

Great job to everyone who survived, especially the podium who were very fast today.

Hopefully the JC guys have better luck next week, it was good to see us finally putting some use to teamspeak in the US races.

This was a pretty sorry showing for me. I qualified 8th in the 2.17 range and was okay with that. I know if I'd spent a bit more time then I'd be in the 16s or 15s and that would have been very competitive. I was able to pretty consistently run 17s in practice and quali.... As for the race, I typically drive very conservative on the first half of the first lap and it usually gets me several spots because of incidents like the one Corey is talking about in the post above.

So, by the 1st or 2nd lap I make it up to 4th place (I don't belong there with all you speedy guys) but thought if I could just run consistent then I'll be able to make a good showing. A few laps later I was ripping thru the bus stop and the car got unsettled, I spun and hit the wall hard. The front of my car was bashed up pretty good. I then wondered if I should continue. I couldnt' make it to the pits as I was past the entrance. I tried eau rouge at a decent pace and flew into the wall on the left and then back across the track almost flipping. Suspension damage and out of race. Sorry for the poor showing.

Mosport promises to be much better. It's one of my better tracks and I know Robert is also fast there. Lou is pretty good there too. Should be a better showing. Sorry for not finishing... i hate starting with a bunch of guys and then finishing with 5.

of course we don,t mind you joining up :good:the ABS and traction control are not allowed but the automatic gearbox is allowed tho. keep an eyes open many people will tell about what kind of times their doing and for teamspeak i believe that some are using it but i'm not certain :wink2:

If you guys don't mind a noob joining in (only been racing a week), then I'd like to give it a go.

I'll do my best to stay out of everyone's way.

So I can practice, is it no ABS no Traction, and do you allow automatic gear box?

Thanks in advance.

P.S what sort of time should I be looking for, BM Z4 practice last night 1:22

P.P.S do you use team speak or anything?

Sorry if these questions are a bit nooby...........

Agreed on the attrition here, on this type of track and the trickiness with being quick by using the actual rumble strips, makes it hard to avoid an incident directly ahead.

Unfortunate for the "JC Crew" as most of us ended out before the end, not typical of us in the past.

Next week will be very interesting as MoSport is a beautiful place to run, but horrible to pass on, quali will be very important.

:eyeroll:DAteline Spa Francorchamp, Belgium:

Davey: Davey Donuts here at the beautiful Circuit at Spa Francorchamp in the mountains of Belgium! We had a regular round of racing involving the GT Pro cars! these brutally fast cars were exciting to watch and the sounds of the engines rolling off the hill sides was magical! Let's welcome back again our driver analyst Eric Nelson!

Eric: HEy thanks Davey great to be here! YOu are correct this is a massively fast circuit and just beautiful countryside as well. I know the countryside is so nice because I spent most of my day in it!:doh:

Davey: So your saying your GT PRO debut was troublesome Eric?

Eric: Yes you could say that I suppose. We decided to get involved at the last minute and it showed. Ya just can't jump in a BIG GT car and go like hell. Set up is so crucial here that you just cannot go out and Fake IT! unlike your pit reporter Bonnie Lugnuts!:sinister:

Davey: Wow! no 7 second delay on a live show ERIC!

Eric:We brought two cars here and started in the R8 as it was stable to drive but we couldn't break a 2:20 in it. so we went to the AM DBR as we had some laps in that testing at Watkins Glen and thought that our GT club experience might pay in this car here as the corners etc. are kinda similar. well that didn't work out at all! we managed to turn a 2:18 in Q but that was the only lap we completed.

Davey: So what did you decide to run the race in? you could take a provisional spot at the back or stand on your 2:18 in the DBR.

Eric: Well the Team Chief wanted us back in the R8 as he felt we could run and finish in that car. I am a driver Davey and we like speed! So I managed to threaten the Team Chief w/ a nice 33mm Wrench and got my way like a 5 year old at the ice cream shop and gridded the DBS!:gimme:

Davey: So how did that drama play out on the track there Big E?

Eric: Well ya know I looked like Cole Trickle in his first races out there.... I managed to take it promptly into the wall off the start on cold tires. I proceeded to make some laps that were unspectacular in their pace or style. we loaded the car up completely w/ race distance fuel and hoped to run a no stop strategy. The car handled like :poop:

Davey: Is that how the top teams do it? I mean a no stop strategy on a demanding course like this one?

Eric: Well Davey if we coud ever be close to the top teams we might just stroll by their pitstall and see what up. But since we Q'd so far down the grid you had to take a BUS to the leaders stalls just to say hi! But we were fully committed to a no stop strategy as we didn't even bother w/ a pit preset scenario just in case! not sure who's genius plan that was either!:sad:

IN the End Davey, we just sucked out there today! We retired the car early after spending more time in the agricultural areas and realized we were nothing but a HAZARd to the teams out there w/ legitimate pace.

Davey: Well sorry to hear it didn't go so well for ya today Eric. Wil you return this season to a GT PRO event?

Eric: Yeah we would if we went about it the right way. Some testing and setup work first would be a great help. Again yiou have to thank the Promoter Eric K and Race Department.com for putting this together! Its really a forst class series!besides, have you seen all the track bunnies here! I got this young Belgian Honey waiting for me and we're going to get some Schnitzel and Chocolate and honey at the market and we're gonna.......:Hamm3rHed::kiss:

Davey: OK then folks thats all the time we have for now! we say Adios from Spa and hope to see you again soon!

Forum time/race time.

Just want to check, race is at 22:00 GMT. Forum says all times in GMT but shows time as 16:58 when it is 15:07.

Is Forum/site time wrong, I'd hate to be booted for missing first race due to timing issues.

Another point, how do I find the server, do all RaceDepartment servers have a code/abbreviation?

Thanks.:worship:

:funnypost:

... my practice and setup work consisted of joining 8 mins from end of quali never having lapped here before in a GT Pro ... loading default setup from Estoril, changing the steering lock and diff, bunging 120 litres fuel in and hoping for the best :lol:

Out of curiousity I just did about 20 mins running round Spa offline, with some more tweaks to the default setup, I went from 2:19's last night to 2:14's in quali ... seems a bit more like it :D

@ Corey ... re: me dropping lots of in game lag - it worried me when you said that, but I have just realised, I had the other PC on downloading a load of stuff :doh: ... really sorry, normally I make sure all other network activity is off when I am racing, forgot I had this going last night and only just thought of it :rolleyes:

Richard,

The race is at 22:00gmt. The time showed at the bottom of the page is your local time (at least that what it is for me). That's what I see.