RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Great race. I hate that some disconnected but good fun. I qualified around the 7 spot with a 1.56.4. I had a poor start and was in 9th after the first turn. I battled back to 8th and then was on the 7th place guy for about 2 laps. I spun out in the last chicaine due to my late breaking and to avoid a crash. I never could catch him. I lost 3 or 4 positions and it took several laps to regain those but it was tons of fun doing so. Good racing guys. Looking forward to next week at spa

Qualified just in front of jarrod but also had a poor start and lost a few places in T1. Gained a few back and caught up warren but eventually spun out and was racing on my own but then i got disconnected. Mine was a ISP issue and it took 10 mins to come back on.

Thanks RD and Eric again for another good race :good:

Sorry for not sounding to happy but I really need to change ISP :lol:

John here a little something that might help you with the pitstop http://forum.racedepartment.com/step-2-my-documents/6559-driving-guide-how-make-pitstop.html :highfive:

Great racing with you guys!!! My first RD event and I'm still grinnin':laugh2:!!!
Congrats to Cristian and the other front runners. Truly awesome driving skills on display!!! Hope I wasn't too much of a hazard....tried to be aware of everyone around. Alas....dq'd for running out of fuel. Taking this a step at a time---the next step is....(drum roll) how the pit stops work. Hope to see you all on track real soon. Oh...and Bob... I reiterate my claim :turtle:

Had some fps issues in P and Q and was just going to bag it. Keith and Gary talked me into staying. I was going to give everybody a 2-5 sec gap but it turned into 20 - 30 sec as I was on the pit limiter (Doh!). Decided to put in some laps and not get anybody's way and it worked out - for the most part. JvT must have had some troubles and we traded positions the last few laps but I couldn't really race as FPS problems were bad when cars were nearby. No way should I have ended up 8th.

CH and the rest of the podium were stellar....

Ok, I'll follow Rhys lead and take a BMW, only I'll give the E46 (gulp!) a try. :snail:
At least I'll be a first, nobody else has tried an E46 in these mad STCC scrambles. :laugh2:

BTW, that's a great lap in a Beemer Rhys :good: , the best I could do in practice mode in the E46 was 56.9 sec, (but that was with race fuel load), and I doubt I could do much better.
My goal for this event will be to see if I can keep up with you.

These 3 are all simply magnificent Mini tracks :good:

I honestly couldn't choose which was my favourite out of them, but they are all definitely in the top 5 mini races we've done.

I'm waiting for the inverse event where Andrew picks all the tracks where people ended up in walls driving clown cars with only 1 door, 3 wheels, on fire etc.

Porto, I'm looking at you :D

• Stirb Iuliu

Check me in, please, with the Aston Martin. Thank you!

And, I have a little question, I know it's really stupid. Superpole means one outlap, one qualifying lap and the inlap?

I don't fall in love with Caterham 320, nevertheless, i enjoyed both races.
Qualified in a surprisingly 6th place. :shock: never felt confortable with the setup,
car was understeering more than a FWD car. :fwd:
Good start, took place from Michael and glued to Eck for the first laps.
At the begining i thought i could stay with Eck, but he was a bit faster,
so i focused on Michael, which gave me hard work keeping the position.
Finished 5th.
Race 2: Started in 4th, started even better and on the first lap was in P1. :scared:
Managed to put a gap of almost 2 seconds for the group behind me.
But by half the deadly trio (Ries, Patrick and Gary) caught me. Double :scared::scared:

For a while i was in the middle of the titanic battle (great fun) :yo:
Kept my head fresh and finished 3rd :noidea:

Congrats to Ries, Patrick and Gary for the stunning pace.

Thanks to Andrew and RD. :peace:

Cheers

Well I started fifth and ended fifth. Guess I can't complain about that. I was up to 2nd for a little bit after 1st got a little bump from behind.

Tires were shot after about 13 laps (I guess the Lister isn't that friendly on tires). Gary and I had a great run for quite a few laps, but in the end he got me.

I thought I had the spot on the outside and on the appropriate racing line, but during the turn I was run out of room (my opinion), but no big deal. Similar thing happend on lap 2 with the eventual winner going into hairpin right after sector 1.

Anyway, it was a great race, and a pleasure to have alot of people join us former JC guys, and give us a warm welcome.

See you all next event. I will definitely not be running the Lister again unless I can figure out tire wear with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 102 12.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 78 9.6%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 79 9.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 52 6.4%