RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Does anyone from UK/Europe manage to take part in some of these Aussie races? What's the connection speed like, good enough to race?

The Sunday morning starts might suit me better than some of the Fri/Sat/Sun evening races...:highfive:

Another great event, thanks Andrew and RD.

Race one started, with Paulo pushing me hard. I was never gonna have the pace of the front three, so concentrated on PR... maybe a little too much in the first lap, I think I got in the way a bit. As I settled in, I broke away.. but the leaders (Especially Ries), just got farther and farther away. Started and finished fourth.

Race two started, with a mess up.... I shifted into first gear, with a bit too much force. It had sprung back, n shifted down again. I tried to set off in neutral. No one had an incident thankfully, I got going in tenth. Racing with the guys midfield, made for a far more exciting time. I have to say sorry to Kimmo and Alexander, for a ding each. I gave the position back each time.
When I got to Michael, for 5th, we had a great race... it ended with some contact, which saw Michael crash. I pulled over n ambled round waiting for him to catch up. He was unfortunately done, so I pulled into the pits, with a lap to go. Watched the race end, from the comfort of the pits.... lol.

Grats to the podium from both races. And, thanks to everyone I raced with, made the night even more ace.

Does anyone from UK/Europe manage to take part in some of these Aussie races? What's the connection speed like, good enough to race?

The Sunday morning starts might suit me better than some of the Fri/Sat/Sun evening races...:highfive:

The race server for these is now in the US. I haven't heard about any connection issues for a couple of months now.

• Matt Crouch

I liked this event, probably my favourite track / event with the cats that I've been in.

Qualified higher than expected in 7th.. almost thought I was on for 4th or 5th after the first half :heh:
Race 1 had a couple of laps with Alexander very close, but that pass you made on me into T1 very nearly sent me spinning to my doom over that kerb :eek:. Continued to have a good race with a bunch of other people, (Kimmo / Neil / Hansi / probably more) mostly overtaking me :D Unlucky incident with Neil but no real harm done. Think we were both waiting for each other for a bit there... :)
Race 2 was pretty good as well, similar story really... I went way too wide when Eck was getting past and lost a bunch of places. Good race with Nuno then another unlucky one with Neil. Pitted to fix my puncture (at least I got to experience the infinite pitlane one more time :D) and continued to the finish.

Overall another night of Watkins fun. Thanks for le event :)

• Matt Crouch

no probs just thought I would mention it in case you didn't notice :yo: Only sent me wobbly because of how big that kerb is

• Chris Rodgers

Finally some motivation to get me off (well, on I guess) my butt and putting in some laps round here :clap:

I'd better take the Gumboot Apollo, skin here: http://forum.racedepartment.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=440

Edit: nice to see we're running changeable weather too, although it might pay for people who haven't raced in the wet before to make sure their graphics settings don't make the game chug when the heavens open as reflections etc can hurt the frame rate...

Two of the most enjoyable races ive had in quite a while now,really lovely close hard battling with Ries and Patrick,in both races me and Patrick prove almost anywhere is possible side by side,annoyed i dumped myself out of the race 2 later stages,had just enough Caterhams parts left on the car to hobble it home :p.
Many Thanks Andrew and RD :good:.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 72 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 101 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 141 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline