• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

GT Pro @ Monza 07 - 15.03.2009

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Cam Wedgwood, Mar 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grant Waterman

Grant Waterman

Ratings:
    +0
    Looks like I wont be racing either, keep getting booted as possible cheat, but no idea why. Only happens in the GT-PRO class. can join Monza in other classes, but try to join any server in GT-PRO and keep getting booted. Any ideas?

2. Cam Wedgwood

Cam Wedgwood

Ratings:
    +0
    That's a weird one Grant... All patches installed etc?

3. Tyson Cierpial

Tyson Cierpial

Ratings:
    +0
    i know someone else had that issue, i will ask how they fixed and update post.

4. Chris Rodgers

Chris Rodgers

Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks Cam and Warren, will try to join you on the practice server soon - had hoped to get on this week but RL keeps intervening. Didn't expect to have much trouble sorting myself out here as I've raced the GTR2 GTs extensively (still racing them actually) including at Monza before and they worked well there without much messing about, the Evo Pros seem a bit more highly-strung though :S

Here's the setup I've been working on, goes great when I use it with the Lister for example (after adjusting for the Lister's lower rev limiter) but the Apollo is all over the place with it...

Attached Files:

5. Tyson Cierpial

Tyson Cierpial

Ratings:
    +0
    Apparently they just kept trying. They also siad the server may have been restarted but not sure. sorry couldn't help more.

6. Richard Hamstead

Richard Hamstead

Ratings:
    +0
    Crap...just noticed this. I know I'm late but please please let me in :)

7. Andrew Dawes

Andrew Dawes

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll try and jump in to fill up the spots ... last spot :)

8. Stirb Iuliu

Stirb Iuliu

Ratings:
    +0
    I've downshifted too fast in Variante and my engine blew up. I may have completed 75% of the race, I'm not sure though...

9. Jari Vinnari

Jari Vinnari

Ratings:
    +924
    Sorry Tyson for that contact but there wasnt really much I could do.

peace
    Jari

10. Tyson Cierpial

Tyson Cierpial

Ratings:
    +0
    Yeah i know i got very loose on the exit. I was just unfortunate to hit the wall on the wrong angle and the engine died.
    Good race up till then but.

11. Cam Wedgwood

Cam Wedgwood

Ratings:
    +0
    So um.... WHO WON?!?

12. Jari Vinnari

Jari Vinnari

Ratings:
    +924
    :wave:

peace
    Jari

13. Cam Wedgwood

Cam Wedgwood

Ratings:
    +0
    lol, congrats mate!

Will be a good read soon I'm sure! Obviously everyone was a bit tired from the event.

14. Michel Usal

Michel Usal

Ratings:
    +1
    Count me in!

Too funny, I'm waiting for a race that happended 12 hours ago...

15. Grant Waterman

Grant Waterman

Ratings:
    +0
    Fixed now, but too late.Deleted all local content and re downloaded from Steam. Must have been some mod I installed, possibly the GTR2 mod

16. Anthony Pahl

Anthony Pahl

Ratings:
    +7
    Finally got through a GTR Evo race without my computer crashing:dance2: Noticed it was stuttering when I first connected, so I turned down the special effects and it helped considerably. Still a distinct difference in overall smoothness when comparing offline/online.

Enjoyed the race, especially my battle with Ivan. I was within a few seconds of him throughout the race. Tyres on the Aston really struggled towards the end of both stints, making the 80 minute format quite a challenge. As most of my past races were 60 minutes, it was also difficult to maintain concentration for the additional 20 minutes. If I happen to participate in the 2 hour enduro interclub race (austeam are still sorting out names) it will be a genuine challenge to survive 2 hours.

Not sure if people experienced technical problems or simply crashed out, but it was disappointing to only have 4 of 16 finishing.

Cya all next time :Banane19:

17. Andrew Dawes

Andrew Dawes

Ratings:
    +0
    I'll be honest and say i simply pulled out. To be fair i think i did more than most would have in my position.

I pulled out after 28 laps and was in 6th place!! Problem was, this was last spot, i was already 2 laps down on 5th spot, had just served 2 stop and go penalties in as many laps for outrageous marshall calls and was in the middle of my second pitstop to repair the car when i simply thought ... what do i have to gain by keep going on. I'd had my run in the Lister & i wasn't getting any faster. Oh and i had 160L of fuel in the car after the first stop and couldn't work out how to reduce that in race.

Qualified 9th.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.