RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

STCC server:

Quali

Got 7th I think with about a 50.8

Race

Gained quite a few places early on through other accidents. Not much else to say about the start. However a bit later on Matthew and I had a slight accident. I was on the inside and I did not turn enough to the right and Matthew turned more than I was expecting. As a result I tapped the side of his car which pushed him into the gravel. Sorry for that :(. I waited for Matthew and let him passed. Later on I gained a few more places and had a great battle with Neil. Absolutely fantastic driving by him, giving lots of room and not being aggressive in trying to get passed. Big thanks to you :)

I pitted late at around 31-32 laps and managed to get out just in front of Sébastien to join in 2nd. I managed to hold him off and eventually get a fairly large lead on him. This led to a quiet last few laps but I am very happy with the result.

Here are some shots of the cars:

Race_Steam2009-01-2821-40-55-64.jpg

Race_Steam2009-01-2821-40-45-87.jpg

In the light of recent events, I would like to dedicate the FT 1-2 to Chris Noble. You will be missed :(

Cheers,
Olly

HMM I see nope SKIn :disapointed: it was necessary quickly Skin RD download

I had a decent qualifying. Despite the fact that I forgot to use less fuel (was running much to much for Superpole :)), I managed to get 6th. I could have been faster, but the fuel thing didnt help, also I was careful not to wreck the car.

Race was fun, had an OK start, but lost a few places at the start, because for some reason I filled the car to the brim, remembering later that I would be pitting anyway... So anyway, as the race went on, I gained the positions I lost, but then a Seat came from behind and bumped me off the line and took a place. Don't know his name. Followed for a while, and then comes BMW charging, and I tried to defend, but he kept up. The, in the last corner, he hit me off the track. I'm sure it was accidental, but lost a good 6 places. Fortunately, I found a boost os energy and got the places back in no time. Pitted for tires, came out in the same position. Caught up with 3 Hondas, and took them, but one of them wouldn't give up, kept up with me the rest of the race. 3 laps to go, another Seat comes chraging behind, wasn't sure what to think as I was focusing on keeping the Honda behind, but when the Seat was only a few metres away, I get a Blue flag, try to get off the line, and the car snaps, hit a wall, and luckily back to the track. Lost my place to the Honda though.

Well that's what I've learned anything can happen. That Honda just waited for the right moment.

Finished 5th/15. Could have been 4th, but I screwed up :p

My first WTCC race, and a long one. Was great fun and I'm happy with my result considering. Hopefully with enough practice I can get a bit better and look into the leagues... Someday.

I don't have any complaints or reports, all I'll say is that people did get raudy in the corners, and I saw some bumping and people diving into corners. No biggy, but it happens. Thanks a lot Simon (assuming you organised it) for organising, great race, just what I came to RD for!

Cheers:beer:

EDIT: Reading the other posts, I also noticed a lot of people constantly were typing "Thank You" and "Sorry". I feel this isn't necessary everytime. Can get distracting.

That was me mark, I think. I had the inside line and you didnt see me on the insde. I thought it was a fair move but sorry if you felt it was unfair. I got a run on the first corner and was along side yu under braking into the hairpin. Ill watch the replay but apologies in advance.

Edit. Also jason the track was wet couldnt you tell? Coming into some corners I had alot of spray and also the track as slippery. On the session screen it said track conditions wet.

Oh and also well done to the winner.

STCC server:

Qualified in 5th (or 4th once David dropped) so i was very happy with my first proper outing in a Alfa. Track was wet but forecast was dry so i stuck with dry tyres. Thought i got off to an ok start but Jose got off to a better one and took me going up the hill so it was a tight squeeze at the top of the hill and as Jose struck Neil's seat i then tapped Jose spinning him (sorry) i pulled over to the side and waited for nearly the whole field to pass as at the time all i knew was that it was a blue car that spun, so lap one was started 4th, drop to 17th and last :at-wits-end:

After that i just made a total tit of myself as i tried too hard to make the time up but eventually i clawed most of it back and was very happy to finish in 7th and was even happier to see the podium, nice job guys you deserved it.

• Jason Parks

Edit. Also jason the track was wet couldnt you tell? Coming into some corners I had alot of spray and also the track as slippery. On the session screen it said track conditions wet.

Well as cars were on the grid, I checked and defo said dry......perhaps was just me !!!

That was me mark, I think. I had the inside line and you didnt see me on the insde. I thought it was a fair move but sorry if you felt it was unfair. I got a run on the first corner and was along side yu under braking into the hairpin. Ill watch the replay but apologies in advance
No problem at all man, just a fun race. Doesn't add to anything. Besides, my first WTCC race, just doing it for the experience :)

And congrats to Jason Parks on the expansion. Had no chance, #5 is way down the list lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back