RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Jeff Leroux

Hi Andrew ,

another times R8 ' cars :good: very :good: choice Andrew

i like this car :love:

sign me up

Thanks Andrew

Jeff

I enjoyed the bit of time in these cars,a track i know and like a lot helped my cause,they have a slightly odd little knack to corner good those little SEAT's,ended up not too bad a turnout but more importantly not many dropped out.
Thanks to all who showed up and had some fun.
And Thank You RD for our facilities :good: .

again im really sorry Gary for spinning + hitting you while i was slowing down to let you pass. My steering is awful, its practically full lock or nothing. :(

Forget about it John np's.

It sounds like you could use some wheel sensitivity tweaking in the controls menus,i used to have a twitchy kind of too sudden feel with my wheel as well and found spending some time adjusting sensitivity values helped cure it,go by the wheel in the cockpit of the car,and adjust your wheel so it moves in sync with the wheel on screen.

It was my first RD race. I left the escape key mapped to a wheel button in the first race and accidently hit it. Arghhh. Rookie mistake. Unmapped it while waiting for race 1 to finish. I finished the second race which makes me very happy!.

Thanks for a great Event!!

Quite simply the best of nights!!:dance2:

Race 1

Qualified in 3rd (unbelievable). Got, what was for me a rocket start and held 3rd upto 3/4 the way round the lap and messed up losing who knows how many places. Made more mistakes in the early laps to drop way down the field. The fight was on to claw it back. I settled down and put in some descent consistent laps, getting back upto 5th and closing on Matt in 4th, but all too late. Finished 5th (chuffed to my boots).

Race 2

Got an even better start, but Amir and Matt were faster still, they passed me into T1, then Matt touch Amir and they both slid across me as I was accelerating. I touch the brakes and skidded across into the path of Pascal. Sorry Pascal but once I touched the brakes I had no control.
Waited for the whole field to pass, gathered my thoughts and set off in pursuit. From then on I pushed as hard as I could and fought my way upto Matt in 3rd by about halfway. So began an amazing battle, I put as much pressure on as possible but he just wouldn`t crack, awesome driving Matt. Then on the last lap he made a mistake and went on the grass. I grabbed the oportunity and passed to 3rd starting to pull away. Then with 3 corners to go was thinking "what a podium!" and went on the grass. Tried to recover before Matt caught me but couldn`t so finished a very happy 4th.

Excellent racing by all involved, clean and fair.

Thanks Gary and RD for another fantastic night and thanks to everyone for the quality of driving. I am still buzzing!!

• Matt Crouch

A very surprising night for me, somehow I seemed to have been in a situation where I could actually qualify 4th in this size grid :o

Race 1... I was shaking most of the way through this one. Came out of the first lap in 4th and somehow managed to stay ahead with a relatively comfortable gap behind me, and a very consistent 3 second gap ahead to Amir. That is until the last few laps where Bob started slowly closing in behind me while I started slowly closing in on Amir, at the last lap we were all within 2 seconds of each other, and I only just managed to hold on to 4th place till the end.

Second race, started 5th - as I said in chat apologies to Amir for pushing you wide at T1, was trying as hard as I could not to tap your corner but it happened :(. I kind of helped you right your car and rejoined behind in 8th place. Unfortunately I think this had quite a big effect on your race due to following events.

Raced with Christian for the first few laps until I got past after a mistake into 4th behind Jeroen. Not long after, Jeroen slipped at dingle dell (the nasty uphill right hander). I'd already come into that corner slightly on the grass and when he spun I ended up following into the wall. Hope I didn't contribute any damage! :(.

Somehow stayed in third and on the next lap my mind was saying no, but my hands were saying let's go, and into the same wall I went. Still, just stayed in 3rd place and bob quickly caught up and we had a very good race to the end. I think this is the first time I've really been able to say I've been using a defensive line and I felt much more confident about keeping my position in this race than race 2. On the last lap I went wide and bob went right past, but then bob went wide at dingly(!) and I went past. However I did somewhat (accidentally :p) cut the same corner and it may not really have been a fair pass - either way had an enjoyable race with Bob and would be happy to finish behind him.

Thanks for the race everyone.

oh and for once Druids decided not to spite me :D

edit: Beat me in the race to post though ^^ :D

Hey there,

what a pitty that this race is so late for us european drivers. I like the radicals and I :in-love: Spa. Last year there was an 90 min SR4 event in Spa04. You can find some hopefully usefull info and a setup that worked very good for me here: http://forum.racedepartment.com/clu...dnesday-3rd-december-2008-a-3.html#post193367

I'm pretty sure the setup will work for all radicals. The most important thing is, that you can go flat and stable in 6th gear through Eau Rouge. Use minimal steering effort and only touch the curbs slightly or avoid them entirely.

And make sure to disable automatic steering in pit !!!

Maybe I'll dream of you while you are :car:. and I'm :sleepy:.

• Matt Crouch

arf didn't realise I'd caused that behind at T1 as well, sorry Pascal and Bob (although impressed that you made up to 4th it from where you ended up!) - shame I seem to need to apologise after every event really :rain:

• Andrew Evans

that were a booncha fun indeed... no amazing battles to report... fairly quiet races to 7th and 6th, i think... but the critical thing was i seemed to have regained some calmness to my driving after spending a coupla frustrating weeks driving a joyrider in a stolen nova.... in fact, i didn't realise r2 was at an end until i crossed the line... which makes a change from constantly looking at the clock wondering when it's all gonna be over :bounce:

apologies again to aritan for messing up in front of him... tagged the grass... got it straight... looked behind to see where he was... all was cool... while i drove off track again... fumbled back on and he smacked me in't arsch... still waited for me to recover tho, nicely :thumb:

cheers gahmelah... faith restoring evento!

Thanks a lot guys for all the fun. Great race (not for me, but...)!!! Im still making too much mistakes every race... Thats a shame, because when I finally got a good rythm in the second race, I messed up again.

But anyway... A great RD debut!!!

Just a question though... Gary, how can you go that fast in qualy? Man, I didnt pass the 1:33...

See ya.

EDIT:
Andrew, forget it. That was a typical error, with a typical crash, lol. Hope we race a lot again!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back