RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

On it now, think my setup is there for my C5R. Set my Splitter/Wing to 1/4, gets me up to 197mph but with less drifting than the 200 i topped with 1/1. Messed with my dampers as my car didnt like some of the bumps and it appears to have worked although I think I am losing a second at the first chicane, I take it in a low rev 3rd. Fastest time is a 3:37 but I reckon with a tweaked setup and practice to iron out those dodgy corners and I might get a high 3:34.

I am wondering though, is the C5R slower than the other cars?

James, don't know about this track but generally speaking, the vette is super competitive. It has the top end speed to compete with all others and the only other car that may be straight line faster is the viper.... but it's generally thought of as a pig in turns...

At least that's my impression of this class after 3 years of racing them. The vette should be a strong choice on fast tracks.

Well my internet just came up, a little to late. Such a shame to since I felt pretty good about this race. We had a storm come through that took out the internet 30 mins before race time:mad:. I was able to get a 1.16.1xx in the few laps I got in on the server and as low as a 1.15.4xx in offline practice. This really blows, I hope you guys had a good race.

Didn't have a very good night, but I did enjoy myself. 11th in the first race, 11th in the second.

Race 1: Just didn't have the pace. Any pace. Most of the limited number of races I've been in so far, I was fairly consistent and could grab some positions due to incidents and the occasional lucky pass, but I just was not with it on this one. Lots of off track excursions, lots of emergency braking when I realized I took a corner wrong. I think I would've been better with some more practice...haven't been able to hit it as hard as I usually do, and it showed.

Race 2: Better. Race 1 was a decent crash course. Was chasing Eric E. and Jan for the first half of lap one until I bumped Eric and the time taken the let him get back on the track let everyone else get away from us. Didn't care, though, since I'm always up for chasing him down a hill.:) He went off track a little after the next corner, I got my position back, and he pursued until I ate some curb and he slipped by...and then it happened again. What was shaping up as another fun battle effectively ended (I think this was the end...) when I ended up in the sand off turn 2. I was keeping pace with him and hoping for the fight to resume when I got bumped by a lapping car at the next to last turn, and, rather oddly, got stuck on a sign. I had to scream at the car to get it back on the track, and by the time I did, Eric E. was nearly thirty seconds ahead. I narrowed the gap to 24 or so at one point, but more little accidents kept me from getting any closer. Ended up with some suspension damage toward the end after another blue flag incident, but it was academic by that point.

Race 2 in the GT race on Monday felt like my best drive so far. This (Race 1, specifically) felt like my worst. That said, I still enjoyed it. I just hope the track next week lacks the massive curbs.;)

Incidentally, with all the banging around in Race 2, I'm actually pretty happy I managed to finish at all.:D

Missed ya' tonight, William!

I am starting to feel a bit like Danny Pedrosa around here. When I win, it always seems to be a runaway from the start. I rarely manage to fight my way into the lead and have loads of bad luck. lol Any ways...

Quali: I decided to give Keith's setup a try and was only able to pull a 13.8, so with 6 minutes left on the clock I switched back to my setup. I was immediately faster and eventually clocked in with my PB of the day, a 13 flat.

Race 1: Surprisingly I didn't mess up the start for once and had a gap of about 1.6 second by the end of lap 1. On lap 2 whom ever was chasing me spun, opening the gap to 2nd by about a second or two. By the time Tyler managed to work his way up to second the gap was at about 5 seconds. He was now closing slowly closing on me and I heard some one say "I'm realing ya in" over teamspeak. Not sure whom it was, but that was like the GO GO GO for me. The following lap I dropped into the 13's and tried to keep it there for the remainder of the race. I managed to open the gap to 10+ seconds and finally slowed the pace a bit with 2 to go and brought her home in 1st! :cool:

Race 2: With the reversed grid I started from 8th. Spun the rears quite a bit off the line, but was able to make up a bit of ground coming into T1 on the brakes. Followed Jan around for a couple of laps and eventually managed to stick it up the inside of him in T12. I soon found myself chasing down Saul and Keith up front and was closing in quickly, but everytime I got to within about 1.5 seconds of them, I would make a small mistake getting it a little sideways and the gap would open to 3+ seconds again. Eventually Saul went off gifting me 2nd. It didn't last long though as I continued to slid around looking for the grip I had had in the first race. Then it happened. I hit the brakes a little to hard causing the rear to kicked out, sending me into the wall and leaving me with a flat front left tire. I also noticed my wheel was crooked. 45 degrees to the left was straight. I proceeded to the pits and got a new set of front tires and fround myself in a surprising 9th place. After about a lap or two to get used to the suspension damage I was quickly catching up to Dennis, Lazlo and Jan. I eventually put it into the wall again as the car oversteered out of T12, which oddly enough straightend out my wheel. It was evident that my suspension was all messed up - only capable of low 15's - but straight being straight helped a lot. lol... I had a bit of a hard time getting around Lazlo, who was carrying way less corner speed than I was. I ran up on him a few times and had to panic brake to avoid coliding with him, which would set me back. He eventually ran wide onto the grass and I could slip through cleanly. I managed to fight my way back up to 6th and was less then 15 seconds down on Tyler at the end. Considering my pit stop for repairs, I am actually quite happy with the result.

This was as always a great Track/Car combo. Really enjoyed myself and was pleasently surprised with tonights grid size. Up to 12 from last weeks 6. Great job Eric! :thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 133 13.1%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 103 10.1%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 95 9.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 72 7.1%