RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Ok Gents,

Some important info for everyone who joins this event. As there are some newcomers (Welcome!).
- Please make sure you read and understand the rules of RD. If you have any questions about it feel free to ask me. RD RULES click here.
- Please don't cut during the race. I am not going to be a police officer at this race. I ratter put the time in helping you guys out with questions about setups etc.
- Please give each other enough room on the track. The greatest battles appear when both drivers give and take!!

BE SURE THAT YOU CAN PARTICIPATE THIS EVENT WHEN YOU SIGN UP. NO SHOWS WILL NOT BE TOLLERATED. MORE PEOPLE LIKE TO SIGN UP!

And the most important 1. Enjoy yourself during the race.

It feelt really good getting two awsome races tonight, after a disaster raceevening at Croft yesterday . Thx Goran "Gunja",Michael ,Matt.Hugo clean fair racing love it :) . Think it was my combo of soft front ,med rear and 10 in wing that made the differance Michael. This Porsches was a pleasent surprice to me, have raced them in GTR2 and rfactor but they feelt better in Evo so thumbs up :).

/Anders

I enjoyed this event alot.

I havent in my sim racing career ever had close racing for the entire race other than this event. I mean 10 laps of close to 2 mins each turn after turn me vrs Peter with Eric breathing down on us everywhere except the straights. I had a massive grin when I finished even though behind Peter. This is what RD is all about. Anyone good at vids please do one where I was chasing Peter in race 1.

Its amazing how far I have come to understand my fellow drivers. I knew his weakness, and i'm sure he knew mine. Peter was a pleasure m8. Thanks

Now that is done I'll start my report LOL.

If you havent heard yet I'll mention it again :). I have internet problem the past few days. Had to migrate during my F1 race to me Moms on Saturday. Couldnt migrate last night at 2am though. So I used my mobile phone to connect to 3GPS service which gave me a blistering 0.512kbs download and 0.256kbs upload. Enough to participant in this event lol. Not an ounce of lag, atleast from my PoV.

Practice was tough, getting the car tuned took a good 1hr or so. Keith joins the server and topples the timesheets. BAN him next time.

Qualied 4th after my 3rd try improving my time.

Race 1

Got a good start even though that Vettes backside wants to rip the front side on take off. Yves was burning more rubber than he intented, tried to avoid him which meant a bunch of cars zoooming past me. Started the chase and I was behind Eric, Overtook him at the hairpin(braking for that hairpin is scary lap after lap). Was behind Peter who was 3rd. Bumper to bumper turn after turn lap after lap to the chequered flag. Great great race.

I crashed my car in Race 2 but it was all so great watching the race unfold on the race minotor.

Thank you Eric for this amazing event. RD as always you are the backbone of this success.

Thanks to participants. Keith n Eric great wins.

• Goran Gunjevic

Well this was just fantastic event if you ask me.
What a pleasent surprise seeing you again after so long Anders !
I see you still carry your speed, brings out nice AR memories.

Race 1
I had soft front ,med rear and had no drama in that area. Michael's mistake opened a door for me, so i took his position and kept it till the end.

Race 2
Some commotion at exit of T1 made me go off track and i lost a lots of positions. Lap or two later i got spun by someone i just passed (noones fault, heat of the battle) and that set me back even more. I said goodbye to the podium finish and set my mind to having fun for the rest of the race, which i had plenty.

Very clean and competitive racing.
Thank you all !

edit: nice action clips Hugo :D

Eric Dennis and I both showed up for this event.
It is a great fun and difficult track.
My best for the day was a 1:34.2 that surely could have been bested by several club drivers.
Eric was working with an Xbox controller as his wheel had failed on him.

R1: I took the lead and tried to keep Eric close behind. He always had me worried as he didn't take to the track much for practice or the Q and I didn't know his pace. Nice that I have a good rear view botton on my wheel, the mirrors on these cars are useless. Distorted blobs show on both of mine and I can't tell where a car is at all. Several times I thought that Eric had to be sandbagging as all of a sudden his pace would quicked, to the point I was going to the max to stay ahead! But I kept my place.

R:2 Eric took the lead off the line and held it for two laps. After going wide in T1 he relinguished it and for this race I decided to drive the way I had been practicing. Strange, I was driving OK and lap times were dropping fairly nicely but Eric remained the same distance behind, hmmmm:confused:. I pressed an opened a gap. At some point Eric disappeared, not even in the pit, maybe disconnected?

Well, I used practice to get used to the car and to get reaquainted with this nice track. It's been a staple of the F1 sim world and a while since I've been on it.
These would go nicely at Limerock Mountain.

Thanks RD, Eric and Eric!

I think we were lapping in the 1:07's here last year.

wow that's awesome.. i can't get the rad to stick, even the bots are owning me with 1,15's and I'm happy with anything under 1,20

i know what you mean Larry.. lol

if anyone is interested, i usually put up a small 8 man practice server for a couple hours after work (7-11pm west coast), just look for the track, it's easy to find, no password and you guys are welcome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 71 7.4%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 99 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 139 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 265 27.7%