GT Pro @ Le Mans 1977- Monday , May 10th, 2010

Eric Nelson

5000RPM
Jan 14, 2009
LOL I did specify 1977 in the title post right?

then addresed it again in the thread?

YOu guys are racing waaaaaaaaay too much.......................................brain fried and getting more stimulation...............................wheeeeeeehaaaaaa:poke:

Dennis Phelan

8000RPM
Premium
Apr 8, 2009
Yes, but.

When you add words like "full version" that might mean the '79 layout at an indicated 13+ mile lenght and "fastest" that might indicate the quicker entry to the Mulsanne it confuses my little brain. Stefan's vid of a lap at the '79 course didn't help either so I was looking for clarification.

On another note, I'm tired of running laps [prior to any event] in the offline "Practice" sessions and then going online for the club event and having to work with enormous vigor to get back a second or two that I have somehow lost by going online. I think that grip levels differ and I'm hoping that the "Practice Session" in an offline "Race Event" has a grip that is the same as the online, club events "Practice Session"? Any good guesses?

Stefan Werner

1000RPM
Feb 26, 2009
There certainly does seem to be a bit more grip offline, but I wouldn't say it is quite as much as quali on- or offline. I frequently set my PB in the open qualifying session as we run it in these events.

Eric Nelson

5000RPM
Jan 14, 2009
Yes, but.

When you add words like "full version" that might mean the '79 layout at an indicated 13+ mile lenght and "fastest" that might indicate the quicker entry to the Mulsanne it confuses my little brain. Stefan's vid of a lap at the '79 course didn't help either so I was looking for clarification.

On another note, I'm tired of running laps [prior to any event] in the offline "Practice" sessions and then going online for the club event and having to work with enormous vigor to get back a second or two that I have somehow lost by going online. I think that grip levels differ and I'm hoping that the "Practice Session" in an offline "Race Event" has a grip that is the same as the online, club events "Practice Session"? Any good guesses?
Yeah I can't really change the "Download package language" when I put in the link. Like other "multi layout" track packages I try to specifiy the exact track title to avoid the confusion......NOt picking on you Dennis

The offline practice is a bit different than ONline for sure. I find I end up very close in Quali to my times in offline Practice yet the grip level seems different between the two typically.

\Maybe I can request a practice server be uploaded by Admins if there is not any conflict with events scheduled.

I'll let you guys know what I come up with.

ON another note we do have a nice line up for tonights MINI race! Why don't some of yo join us? Yves, Tyler, Keith , Ryan, Linus and me are all on the grid!

http://www.racedepartment.com/american-racing-club/32950-mini-challenge-magny-cours-national-wednesday-may-5th-2010-a.html Simple track layout Magny Cours NAtional! Always fun!

Yes I just hijacked my own thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers!

Eric Estes

1000RPM
Dec 3, 2008
I set up a dedicated server on my #2 machine, and there definitely seems to be less grip via CAT5e. Must be the ether.

Eric Nelson

5000RPM
Jan 14, 2009
I managed to sweet talk our Server GURU Chris Aponte to setup a practice server for us whenever possible fpr the GT events!

Look at anytime and see if it is up and feel free to lap with other guys! this will be a huge help getting comfortabkle in traffic etc. and allow you access to the real track conditions as well!

Should appear tomorrow morning EDST online is al lgoes well.

Eric Nelson

5000RPM
Jan 14, 2009
Practice server is up for 5 hours tonight!
Go get your lapping done and destroy some trackside stuff!

James Fellows

250RPM
Apr 26, 2010
On it now, think my setup is there for my C5R. Set my Splitter/Wing to 1/4, gets me up to 197mph but with less drifting than the 200 i topped with 1/1. Messed with my dampers as my car didnt like some of the bumps and it appears to have worked although I think I am losing a second at the first chicane, I take it in a low rev 3rd. Fastest time is a 3:37 but I reckon with a tweaked setup and practice to iron out those dodgy corners and I might get a high 3:34.

I am wondering though, is the C5R slower than the other cars?

Jarrod Keen

1000RPM
Sep 4, 2008
James, don't know about this track but generally speaking, the vette is super competitive. It has the top end speed to compete with all others and the only other car that may be straight line faster is the viper.... but it's generally thought of as a pig in turns...

At least that's my impression of this class after 3 years of racing them. The vette should be a strong choice on fast tracks.

Larry Stovall

250RPM
Mar 7, 2009
Hey Eric, I probably won't be able to compete Monday, but on the off chance I might be able too (not likely), is it all right if I do a few laps on the practice server over the weekend?

Eric Nelson

5000RPM
Jan 14, 2009
Man yo ucan lap whenever there is a server available for any RD event! Go break some cars, we'll make more!