• Welcome to the largest (sim) racing website in the world!
    Blurring the line between real and virtual motorsports.

GT-PRO + Lamborghini, Maserati and Ferrari @ Mid-Ohio - Tuesday April 7th

Discussion in 'RACE 07 Racing Club & Leagues' started by Eric. K, Apr 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eric. K

Eric. K

Ratings:
    +112
    Server is up and ready for testing.

2. Sean Vohs

Sean Vohs

Ratings:
    +0
    This track is crazy! Corners look faster than they are. I keep sliding off! :p

3. Corey Theman

Corey Theman

Ratings:
    +0
    Spoke too soon about work :( got roped into a conference call with a client in the far-east so my night is shot. Enjoy Mid-Ohio everyone :(

4. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    Shame Corey....

5. Philip Grimm

Philip Grimm

Ratings:
    +2
    Dunno If I will be able to make it. Really going to try.

6. Robert Firicano

Robert Firicano

Ratings:
    +0
    It appears that unfortunately I will not be able to make this Tuesday. I have a work commitment to monitor some updates to our systems this evening from 9:00 - 10:30 EST.

Too bad as I was looking forward to running here.

7. Adam Vaughan

Adam Vaughan

Ratings:
    +9
    Me in

8. Ryan Callan

Ryan Callan

Ratings:
    +501
    I'm not going to be able to make it I'm sorry Eric and guys. I'm just too tired, damn BST. Shame as well, as I really enjoy this track's challenge.

I've worked seven days in a row and it's taken it's toll I'm afraid (plus I had a few drinks at a club opening which have made me sleepy!)

I'll catch you all next time hopefully.

9. Philip Grimm

Philip Grimm

Ratings:
    +2
    Won't be making it either. Really sorry, was having a blast on this great track. Running decent in the viper. God damn being 19 is intense!!

10. John Sydenstricker

John Sydenstricker

Ratings:
    +1
    I dont think I'll be racing tonight. The family is being too demanding and I can barely finish any practice laps with out their interference. Makes me very grouchy:angry: Sorry.

11. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Ratings:
    +19
    Need help guys, I see the server with class "Unknown". I have installed the cars to the right folder. Cars are in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\username\race 07\Gamedata\Teams\GT_Pro_Addon.

12. Michel Usal

Michel Usal

Ratings:
    +1
    Many dropped, one will pop, here I am :)

13. Michel Usal

Michel Usal

Ratings:
    +1
    Hello Abdul, read your post and looking for answer on my side. If you solve it, just let me know.

14. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Ratings:
    +19
    Working now. Almost had a heart attack. Was so looking forward to this race. Had to reinstall guys. All good now. Time to burn some rubber.

15. Adam Vaughan

Adam Vaughan

Ratings:
    +9
    What a race. Really enjoyed it.

Qaulfying:

Qualied 4th with a 1:19:3 ish. Was quite surprised as could find the pace but Tyler gave me some tips and I was getting much better. Top man Tyler :woop:

Race:

Had a poor start but so did others behind and tyler. followed tyler Yves and Abdul as they scraped it out and Abdul came off so I took 3rd and sat there all race till Tyler who had a 10 second lead on me pitted for tyres. When he came out he was 25 seconds behind with 10 laps to go. I also noticed yves was running slow and I started to wonder if he was short shifting and coasting to save fuel??????????

Anyway Tyler caught me up on fresh tyres start of lap 39 (out of 40) and I started to defond for my life. He nearly had me last corner but I hugged the inside forcing him to cut back in behind me. Then start of lap 40 just after the 1st turn Yves was on the side. Seemed thats the reason he was lapping slow he ran out of fuel. Unlucky Yves. Then into turn 2 and got on the brakes as late as the tyres wud let me and Tyler coasted by with a sweet move on the inside. I cut in abit to early and gave him a knock. So ran wide to late apex and get a fast exit and slotted behind him to slip stream him down the long straight. Then I dropped inside and amazingly i manged to out brake him on knackered tyres and took him on the inside. In practice he did say I got the brakin on that corner bang on and I showed it him :lol:. after that i defended for my life just keeping the inside covered and fnished first to my amazment. Couldnt believe I outbraked him wiv knackered tyres.

Anyway Well done to everyone and Unlucky Yves. Thanks RD and Eric for the event :good:

16. Tyler Scurlock

Tyler Scurlock

Ratings:
    +0
    This was my first race here and it was lots of fun. I dont think it could of been on a better track either.

Bummer you ran out of gas Yves but that at least gave me a chance to win :). Awesome that it came down to the last lap. Great job defending me off Adam. Cheers to all who raced and thanks RD for an awesome event :)

17. Abdul Al-Amry

Abdul Al-Amry
    2011 RD Indy 500 Winner

Ratings:
    +19
    This race was fun. The track was so challenging, especially turn 2 and turn 4. Thank you all for making it happen. After 40 laps, I honestly wanted to keep going even though my tyres were bald.

18. Philip Grimm

Philip Grimm

Ratings:
    +2
    Turn two was cake. But four was unreal.

19. Kyle Evers

Kyle Evers

Ratings:
    +0
    Is there anyone here who would like to answr some questions about the race? If so tell me, I'll PM you. Going to try to get some short interviews into this portion of the US weekly gazette.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.