RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I found this to be a tough track. I started off with the BMW and then ran a bunch of other cars. I couldn;t find one that was better than the other, lap times all about the same and none stuck too well to the road. Even in practice before Q I was playing with different cars.

I ended up with the BMW and while I did get it to stick well enough by Q, my time was the same given that the track has more grip for that session. Truly I was happy and ready to run the race as I could place the car and keep it on track.

R1: Not the greatest move off the line but I didn't hit anyone and really enjoyed the first few laps. Glenn, I think, was behind and soon he was by. Fast guys that had been messed up on L1 made their way by and the rest was easy, no one was around so I just made sure my tires were ready for any threat!

R: I hate the pole. I tried hard for a good start but ended up bumping someone on the side before the first turn as they went by, sorry. All I could do was to go absolutely as fast as I could to keep from being blown out of the race. I must have been doing a good job of holding everyone up as I held the line as best I could.
I ended up spinning in the esses and sitting half on half off the track. I couldn't figure out which side I was on or which way to get going. Several people passsed while I was figuring that out, sorry! I cut one driver off getting back on too soon, gave that position up, sorry again and to all.

In the end, I really enjoyed both races , I never would have thought that my car would handle that well in the end or that I could find my way around.

Thanks Eric, Christopher and RD!

Dennis really sorry about the bump in the carousel in R2. My fault there. trying to stick close so I could get back after Yves and Stefan and just rolled into you off throttle to the apex.

YOu looked good while the 3 of us were trying to get past you. Soliod speed and line made it tough for all of us so job well done!

Some good solid racing last night, and it looked like there were minimal casualties which is always a bonus !

Qual: I decided to use the Marcos for the first time just for something new. It was a comfortable car to drive after some setup tweaking, but I just couldn't get the raw speed needed to catch the top guys. Ended the session P6 with a 1:24:2xx.

Race 1: The start in front of me seemed to be pretty uneventful, I was able to get past 1 person to grab P5. A quick glance in my rearview saw someone shoot straight to the wall at the start, I guess I'll have to check the replay to see what happened :eek:. That incident afforded me quite a bit of breathing room (10+ sec.) over P6 for most of the race. I tried to run consistent laps, and all was well until 4 or 5 laps to go - dropped a wheel and went off-roading. I re-entered the track still in P5, but with a much smaller 2 sec. lead over a hard charging Saul. That escapade took its toll on my tires and I was losing time, but just when Saul got within a second or so of me in the last couple laps he suddenly dropped off the pace. Turns out he, amongst others, ran out of fuel and not only was I relieved of his pressure but I was gifted P4 when I believe Tyler was empty as well. Finished P4.

Race 2: Started P5 and again got away clean. I don't remember what position I was in coming down the straight, P4 or P5 I think - when all of a sudden cars were flying past me from all angles from what appeared to be a chain reaction collision. I wasn't hit in the initial wave, but someone knocked me just as I was trying to turn and sent me into the gravel. I was barely able to get out (probably wouldn't have in real life from what I have seen over the years), and re-entered at the back of the field in P12. Glenn appeared to have suffered a similar fate and he had re-entered just ahead of me, and we set off to try and catch the field. The details of the middle laps escape me, but we ultimately worked our way through the field. I ended up getting past Glenn and settled in P8, and Stefan must have had issues because he dropped and I saw I was then in P7. From there I found myself chasing Hansi down who was about 5 sec. ahead. I made it to < 1 sec. with about 3 laps to go, and we had a good battle. Unfortunately my tires were toast from having to make up for lost time in the earlier laps, and I was unable to capitalize on any of his mistakes. He did a great job of blocking the only line with any grip, and I made one last ditch effort coming out of the carousel. He closed the door and I tapped him in the rear quarter (sorry :) ), after which I resigned myself to defeat and backed off - allowing him to drift unchallenged to the finish. Finished P7.

Thanks everyone, and see you next time!

Well that was a lot of fun, a little sloppy first few laps into race 1 but nothing serious. After things settled down a bit I enjoyed some very tight racing with some side by side action through a few corners with very minimal contact. Great Stuff!! I ended up shorting myself about a liter or two of fuel in race 1, so I had to coast it to the finish line just barely making it but giving up two positions doing so... ouch. Race 2 I managed to steal the lead after the driver ahead of me self spun. I was able to hold off Tyler for a few laps, but he got the better of me after I made a small mistake and made a gorgeous pass on the outside. Nice driving man. I couldn't keep up with him after that, and just focused on a clean consistent pace wich secured me 2nd place.

evoflyergtpromon260410.jpg

Server Name: RaceDepartment.com GTPRO
Track: Jerez 88
Weather: Dry
Cars: GT Pro

Start: 19:00 GMT
Practice: 30 minutes
Qualification: 30 minutes
Race: 2x 30 minutes

Notes: Click here to read the password and golden rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 303 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 212 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 203 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 154 7.8%