RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Just watched the replay ryan. On lap one into the turn you ran wide and I went to go up the inside. The gap started to close and I tried to get out of it, but still tapped you're left rear and skidded you sideways. When you straightened up we were going side by side through the turn rubbing doors. A Seat was closing in quickly from behind and made contact, which was when you were fired off into the gravel.
After the initial touch I slowed a bit and I was going to let you get in-front of me down the straight. But after you went off into the gravel I wasn't sure if the second one was my fault, so I didn't slow down. I was going to wait until after the race to watch the replay. As for your bump on me, you came from a long way back.

Just watched the replay ryan. On lap one into the turn you ran wide and I went to go up the inside. The gap started to close and I tried to get out of it, but still tapped you're left rear and skidded you sideways. When you straightened up we were going side by side through the turn rubbing doors. A Seat was closing in quickly from behind and made contact, which was when you were fired off into the gravel.
After the initial touch I slowed a bit and I was going to let you get in-front of me down the straight. But after you went off into the gravel I wasn't sure if the second one was my fault, so I didn't slow down. I was going to wait until after the race to watch the replay. As for your bump on me, you came from a long way back.

I didn't go wide - that's the fastest line :p.

Anyway, it was a big touch from you which I saved (just a racing incident) but then Richard whacked me and span me and all chaos ensued. As for the tap I did on you, I did come from a long way back but as I said in game, your car lagged and jumped back 2 metres into me. My replay doesn't show that - so I can't prove it but that's what happened. I wasn't even trying to pass you in fact.

Replay of Lap 1 to follow...

Report:

Quali - got pole by 3 tenths from Mark, pleased with that as I had never driven this track before a 20 minute stint last night.

Race 1 - everything was very clean up front, I don't know about behind. I was leading by around 7 tenths from Michael S, when in the 4th lap I got distracted by Gilberto's very large and very pointless chat and misjudged my braking point letting Michael by. I kept the gap around 1.5 seconds to Michael before dropping back in the last two laps to finish 3 odd seconds behind.

Race 2 - starting from 7th I got a poor start but gained a couple of places out of the first corner and then gained three out of T3. I was up into 3rd right behind Herwin, when Michael S hit me, I saved it, but then Richard H gave me an almighty whack and I went into the garvel, rejoining with damaged suspension and more people hitting me. I managed to sort my way through the chaos to finish 4th, hitting Michael due to lag along the way (see above)

Some very poor quality driving, this has been getting worse in the Oceania events, it's a combination of pinging to Europe and poor driving.

Race 1: Will report tomorrow...

Race 2: Starting on pole due to eighth place finish. Stuffed the start but didn't get as swamped as I expected. T1, received a touch from another Seat driver which was enough to put me into a slide and find Ben Ling's rear bumper, in turn spinning him... Sorry Ben. REDRESSED that issue and found myself down to 17th or nearby.

A few laps later, Michael H was trying to get back on track, spun slightly and nailed my Mo Seat. Probably not too much damage caused by that but the other cars behind that couldn't avoid me cleaned me up. Puncture and broken suspension saw me need a trip to the pits. Michael followed me all the way so props to him, very sporting mate. Well done and thanks.

Oceania races are becoming far too aggro. If you were involved in an incident, please send it in with the replay time etc...

Qualifying: 7th, my best RD qualifying result ever :)

Race 1: ....Uh, yeah. It was mostly a race to forget for me. I made it okay through the first two turns, but Chris Rodgers apparently braked too late and accidentally punted me off in the braking zone for turn 3 (or 4, depends on what you consider a turn on this track).

capture_2008-11-09_19-54-28.JPG

I managed to outbrake Michael Herrmann into turn 1 on lap 2, and did the same with Jim McGhee on lap 3:

capture_2008-11-09_19-58-36.JPG

...Until I drove into him the turn after and knocked myself off. Sorry Jim, I had no idea you were there. :(
I finished 17th, I think. Not the best racing I've seen, but not as bad as some public servers I've visited.

Race 2: Also not my best race. I started pretty good, but I accidentally rammed Dietmar in the braking approach to turn 1:

capture_2008-11-09_20-02-37.JPG

Sorry Dietmar.

I was then knocked off , I think by Michael Herrmann, but throughout the race I recovered and ended up finishing 6th. :laugh2: That gave me 7th in the final standings.

We really need to improve our racing on the next event, guys.

Rhys

• Chris Rodgers

Race 1: ....Uh, yeah. It was mostly a race to forget for me. I made it okay through the first two turns, but Chris Rodgers apparently braked too late and accidentally punted me off in the braking zone for turn 3 (or 4, depends on what you consider a turn on this track).

Sorry about that one - your car was lagging a bit and so I got caught out by your earlier braking point. Tried to swerve to avoid you and thought I'd succeeded until I saw the replay, otherwise I'd have hung around to let you rejoin ahead of me...

I qualified P2 which is my best qualifying position.

RACE1: Had a average start, in T3 I tipped David Lemon and he spun, I waited for him to recover and last a lot of places. I had a nice fight with Michael in the beemer, whicwas a lot of fun as I was quicker in the in field, but just couldn't get a nice tow down the main straight. I eventualy finished P11.

RACE2: started P11 and had a good start. In T3 the was a lot of rubbing and a couple of cars facing funny directions, but I got through and was in P7. I out braked myself at the hairpin, but was luck as there was big trouble in the straight after the hairpin and I managed to get back to P7. This then had a whole group of cars slipping down the start finish straight and i managed to ge P5 in to T1. I caught up to Herwin, when the Chev and the BMW took eachother off. Herwin and I had a nice fight, he went wide on the last corner and I managed to pass in to P2 and opened a small gap. 3 laps later my tyres were dead and he was right on me again. Managed to hold Herwin off and finished P2. Thanks for the clean fight Herwin.
I don't think I was involved in any incident aprt from with David, but if I was I apologize as I like to considermyself a clean driver.

Thanks Cam I enjoyed and will dedinitley see you guys soon. :)

View attachment 7166

I managed to outbrake Michael Herrmann into turn 1 on lap 2, and did the same with Jim McGhee on lap 3:

View attachment 7167

...Until I drove into him the turn after and knocked myself off. Sorry Jim, I had no idea you were there. :(
I finished 17th, I think. Not the best racing I've seen, but not as bad as some public servers I've visited.

Race 2: Also not my best race. I started pretty good, but I accidentally rammed Dietmar in the braking approach to turn 1:

View attachment 7168

Sorry Dietmar.

I was then knocked off , I think by Michael Herrmann, but throughout the race I recovered and ended up finishing 6th. :laugh2: That gave me 7th in the final standings.

We really need to improve our racing on the next event, guys.

Rhys

Rhys - its not a problem at all! It was good to have a racing accident rather than some of the other off's that where happening.. To be honest it was touch and go, you where a nose ahead, however I had the racing line.

I checked it out on replay, its all good!

:)

Yeh I got back on track a little hastily I admit - that was my fault, still trying to correct my spin. However cars around me acted exaggeratedly because of the high ping from Australia to Europe aswell. And I had to go in the middle of the track because there were people on both sides of the track and that was the only gap available lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back