RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

WTCC Meets NASCAR: Short-Track Style

05/07/2010 AMS Renault Test Track

AMS.jpg

Race Results

Race 1

Starting Position 10

Lap 1

I am lined up behind Eric Nelson. As the starting lights go out, Eric gets off to a slow start, stalling my solid launch. Paul Wood (starting 14th) shoots wide left, taking advantage of the wide, paved run-off area. Paul “muscles” me across the track and into his teammate Daniel Wood. Paul continues his beatin’ ‘n’ bangin’ on up to Turn 2. Paul gets a punt from Rhys Gardiner that sends Paul’s nose into my driver side. This bounces me over onto the curbing; the curb sends me back across the track and into Stefan Werner. Stefan gets sideways, but quickly manages to get straightened out; but is passed by Glenn Petersen. I get punted again by Paul, which gets me out of shape, dropping me back to 18th just after Turn 2. I manage to pull by Paul and Rhys to gain 2 of the 8 spots lost due to being bounced all over the track by over aggressive drivers. However, Rhys out drags me down the straight, dropping me back to 17th. Rhys eventually clips Daniel, allowing me by both of them to gain 15th.

Lap 2

Daniel tries to dive under me at Turn 2, but never quite makes the maneuver and nose-butts my passenger side, muscling his way past. Daniel ends up muffing Turn 9, and I manage to climb back to 15th.

Lap 3

David Nunamaker and Linus Broström are holding me up as they bounce off of each other ahead me. This gives Daniel a chance to run up on me. Daniel attempts to thread a hole that doesn’t exist between David and me. Again, Daniel shoves my car out of the way to complete a pass on David and me. This also allows Willie Watt to pass me. I’ve now been pushed back to 17th. Daniel, David and Linus tangle at Turn 5. I end up tapping a helpless David. Paul tries to bump me out of the way, but gets the worse of the deal, allowing me to finally get up to speed in pursuit of Linus and Daniel.

Lap 4

Daniel gets wide at Turn 1, allowing me to sneak back into 15th. I get the better of Linus at Turn 5.

Lap 5

14th and now have Willie Watt in my sights

Lap 6 & 7

Gaining ground on Willie. At the end of Lap 7, I follow Willie into the pits. If I can nail my stop, I might just come out ahead of Willie. I slap the ENTER key to confirm my 2-front tire change. Hit my stall and as the seconds tick off, I realize that the confirm window is still up. Okay, SLAP ENTER again! Willie just hits pit exit as my crew drops the jack. Lost over a second as I follow Willie back onto the track in 16th.

Lap 8

Working on hitting my marks to make up for the lost ground due to a bad pit stop.

Lap 9

To compound the slow pit stop, Paul is now just exiting the pits right in front of me, forcing me to slow through Turn 1.

Lap 10

I am holding onto Paul’s wake as we both reel in Willie. Paul rear-ends Willie in Turn 9. I take advantage and pass them both.

Lap 11 - 15

Willie is hot and wants his position back. At Turn 5, Willie gets another shove in the rear, this time from Rhys. Paul takes advantage and passes them both. Robert Isles is up ahead, but it’s a 6.5 seconds gap. From here on out, it’s “don’t make a mistake” and just hold on dearly to Lucky 13th. Thankfully, that’s what I manage, finishing 5.532 seconds behind Robert and 4.375 seconds ahead of Rhys.

Race 2

My Race 1 10th place grid position didn’t turn out too lucky. Here’s hoping 13th provides better luck, even though I still have the Woods behind me again.

Lap 1

Better luck, as I am still in 13th by Turn 2, even though I receive a light tap from Paul. I gain 2 spots as I pass Stefen and Tyler Scurlock. Stefen had gotten some help off track by Tyler and Tyler was following the Golden Rule, waiting for Stefan. At Turn 8, I try a move under Rafael, but he manages to hold me off on the outside. At Turn 9, Robert gets loose and comes across the track. Rafael and I whoa to avoid collecting him. Paul takes advantage and beats all 3 of us, using the outside on approach to Turn 10. However, he beat us too fast and can’t make the braking for the turn, going wide off track. Robert has to get on the binders to avoid running into him. I manage to follow Rafael under Robert. Robert doesn’t wish to concede and charges to Turn 11. Running his car up alongside of my driver’s side, Robert muscles his way past, get my car out of shape. This allows Willie and Michael v Scheppingen by as well.

Lap 2

Now in 12th and it looks like I’m taking yet another bruising from the Boys Down Under. While I know they play rough Down Under, Australian Rules Footie and stuff, I didn’t realize they were just as brutal amongst themselves. Daniel punts Robert out of shape in Turn 1 and drives right on. No quarter asked, no quarter granted. After being ruffed up, I may be a little too hot myself and end up giving Michael v a nudge entering Turn 2, as he brakes early. I tap the brakes to allow him to get back into shape. As I try to get under him, we touch again. Again, I let up so as not to wreck either of us. I finally make a clean pass on Michael v at Turn 6.

Race 1 déjà vu, as I am once again in pursuit of Willie and Daniel. Only now I am in 10th, recovering nicely from the bruising and dusting I’ve just received.

Lap 3

Coming into Turn 1, the sky turns black. As I head into Turn 2, clouds of black smoke obscure Willie and Daniel. It’s coming from Eric Nelson’s blown engine/transmission. I am now hounding Willie’s tail as he follows Daniel. I try a pass under Willie at Turn 10, but have to drop back.

Lap 4

Closing back in for another attack as we approach Turn 7. Willie gets a little loose and drifts wide exiting Turn 7. I just manage to make it under him at Turn 8; we touch ever so slightly in parting.

Lap 5

Now for Daniel, I gain a few 10th’s, but he is still over 2 seconds ahead.

Lap 6

I am able to shave a few more 10th’s on Daniel’s lead.

Lap 7

At Turn 9, Daniel goes wide allowing me to draw within 0.7 seconds. We both head for the pits. Daniel bobbles a bit at the entrance and I ride his bumper into pit lane. I very carefully and surely confirm my pit stop for 2-front tires. I just nose ahead of Daniel at pit exit.

Lap 8

Running in 9th with Daniel on my tail as we get back up to speed. I have cold tires up front and hot worn tires in the rear, gotta be careful. My car setup was tuned for the race after the pit stop, hopefully to take advantage of others whose setups were geared towards the first half before their pit stops.

Lap 9

The setup appears to be working as I now have 1.5+ seconds lead over Daniel. Now in 8th and am closing in on Rafael, now with only a 2+ second lead.

Lap 10

Rafael isn’t getting closer, but he isn’t pulling away either. I’ve managed to pull further from Daniel.

Lap 11

Rafael has managed to pad his lead by a few 10th’s.

Lap 12

Now running in 7th and it looks like my race setup strategy is paying off. Rafael is having trouble in some of the turns and he is now only 0.8 seconds ahead. He gets real loose in Turn 9. I try an outbraking maneuver at Turn 10. Diving inside on approach, I brake early and then roll off the brake. This should set me up for a deep inside approach, but will also give me an opportunity to abort, should Rafael try to outbrake on the outside. As he holds on to the outside and starts his braking, I dive into towards the apex. Since my car was already slowed somewhat, I can now attempt to outbrake him. I manage to beat him to the turn, but he must not of expected it, as he turns slightly into my right-side rear. This gets him slightly sideways, but he regains quickly and follows me through.

Lap 13 - 15

I’ve now climbed to 6th and I have a 2-second lead on Rafael. Rhys is the nearest car ahead, but by 9+ seconds. Time to play it safe again and just complete the remaining laps without any mistakes. I finish 11.052 seconds behind Rhys and 2.38 seconds ahead of Rafael.

Overall this event gained me 29 positions in the Race Department Rankings. I have now cracked the top 100. Of course, I lose a few while others race elsewhere and I write this report. Currently ranked 83 out of 324 drivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 86 7.5%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 122 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 169 14.6%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 321 27.8%