RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Terrible event for me. Ran out of fuel in race one even thou I had fuel for little over 6 laps. And I crashed in race two. I had some weird issues with my breaks. Sometimes I locked them up and sometimes they barley braked at all. Seems I picked a slow car as well. I am not kidding when I say I could not reach 270km/h on the long straight. This could had been a really great event, but I had totally forgotten how uneven the cars are. On a track like this anyway.

Hopefully the Pro and Radicals event will be better.

I had a lot of fun, especially on the second lap of race 2, when we delivered a perfect bump-draft with Andreas, and both got just under 4 minutes (3:59:9xx was mine, he was ~0.4 faster) - that lap was insane! Congrats to all the people, who finished both races, and thanks to Dennis for this event.

@Nelson Ullinskey lately it's been taking a long few seconds for the screen to load with servers.

I was prepared practice wise and had a nice car before the event, good thing too as Andreas and I were spending a lot of time helpin' ol' Damo get into the event. Was it eventually Alex that put out the right clue to get him in?

I took a safe route for qualifying and it worked out, times were spread across the board for this track.

R1: I expected Andreas to launch a bit harder but it was a a good start for most of us. I couldn't catch Andreas, no one could as Kojtek had started from the back but we chased him hard and that gave a few of us a good race. Wojtek made it up giving me a nice draft up to and together we passed Daniel but the times were tight for the laps and we stayed close in the corners. Daniel got in front of me but with the straight ahead I knew there was no problem and gave him the same kind of push I had gotten from Wojtek. I was going to bring him along further and try to get back at Wojtek but I could not see the kink up ahead and didn't want a big off so had to pull away. Wojtek got into some trouble and that closed us up again, the fight took all three of us into the fence and barrier on individual mistakes at Indianapolis but I think we all escaped, me getting out first!I think the last lap was a a bit like the latest F1 race with cars dropping here and there but.....
....it was still a HOOT!

R2: Looked like a bad thing was going to happen right after the first turn but we all got through that one. It was after the Mulsanne corner that trouble hit. Daniel, working on Belet went to the right side at the kink, it didn't look like Belet knew where Daniel was and contacted Daniel. I made a choice to follow Daniel as he was picking up speed on the right. As soon as I moved behind, Belet either just moved right or decided to follow Daniel and I took a bite out of him. @Belet Michel, do you have the "virtual mirror" turned on? I would think Daniel and my moves to the right would have been seen in it.

No real damage but down 12 kph on speed I could not catch anyone unless they packed it in a wall. Hristo did that I I got by but on the straight, he left me. There was enough damage that I di make a mistake and ended up with even less speed and a twisted steering wheel, game over, just finish. Still a HOOT!

AS I don';t know what happened with Belet, I have to say, "I'm sorry!" and would like to hear his side, please!

@Belet Michel
In the last post I asked if you could see what was happening behind you.
I just set up the servers for the rest of the week and I saw your chat in the practice server and it looked like you were looking for information about how to look to the rear. Your question was not answered then but I have it for you now!
Go to OPTIONS/ VISUAL SETTINGS/ VEHICLE SETTINGS/ and set the REAR VIEW MIRRORS to Virtual !!!

This will give you a small screen with a wide field of view behind the car right in front of you :)

I like the Ford. Just not in this game. Sound is awful, and the shift indicator in cockpit is a joke. Having abused GTR2 like hell these last few weeks, going back to the mediocre R07 cars is little of a downgrade when it comes to GT cars. Anyway, I am a Vette fan, but I have raced so much with it, so for this race, I'm going to use the Saleen :D:D

Been driving my Volvo weekly for a couple of months now, but never driven this version of Le Mans before. Basic gearing and flattening the the wing a couple of notches allowed 167mph on the straight, and left the setup at that.

Practice showed I was 10 seconds off of Andreas's super-human times, which improved in the race a little. Spent most of race 1 in 5th position, but a 3-way accident ahead of me at Indianapolis saw me up to 4th, and then a spinning Scirocco at Corvette Corner on the final lap allowed me through to the final podium position.

Race 2 wasn't so good. Got a cracking start but the Astra alongside persuaded me onto the grass before the Dunlop Bridge and i slipped back. Spun at the end of the first lap on the Ford Chicane kerbs and pitted for new suspension and front bumper. A lonely and slow race to 5th position followed.

Yes Dennis, i'm quit here!
It's not an important request for the saleen prob.
I had just meaning about the rear view mirror(search the translate)in test.
For the race, it was awfull for me!
first i finsh in just !
Second, searching the top speed rear of head. In the second staight was the crash,and after two more laps, i think i was sleeping in the esse and it was over.
thanks to all!
See you to the next battle!
Yes Alex, Astra was mine, It as the first time with it, but i don't remember that i push u, I was maybe silly about this race to search the speed, but excuse me !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 96 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 130 10.5%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 175 14.1%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 350 28.2%