RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

I enjoyed that race, think the start caught me out with cold tyres and a lot of under steer. It felt quite different to the warm up on heavy fuel:confused:. Lap 2 is where i did damage to my car. I pitted and out before being lapped. Nelson and Dennis seemed to be battling close behind me. Only Nelson lapped on lap 8 and Dennis must had an off some where as he was slowly pulling me in over the next few laps. He eventually passed me as I ran wide. Kept close enough behind him for the next 2 laps but my tyres were going and I had to brake earlier at some corners. Fairly constant laps to be fair in the race that why I'm happy. 30 mins race was perfect. Think I only put 16 laps of fuel in .29 left crossing the line and had to up shift early to slow down consumption. The track was tough on me arms trying to hit them apexes. Well done to all that finished and thanks for the race:).

To be honest, I don't like Brands Hatch - maybe it was that. Maybe it was the fact, that I hadn't driven GTs for a while (WTCC Extremes at Nords was the last time, IIRC), Maybe it wasn't so smart to be pretty much dead-set on the Seat for the sake of trying something new. Maybe I suck at setting up RWD cars, or driving them. Consistently :p

Anyways, for some reason, it didn't work out so well ;) Did quite a few training laps and got to a reasonable laptime. A few offs every now and then, a spin here and there, but nothing major.
Managed to qualify 3rd with the 'let's get a time in and then try to go further'-lap - maybe that should have been a warning sign ;)

The start went reeeally well, and by 'start' I mean the actual one, as I quickly threw away the first place gained by shooting past Nelson and Marius as I forgot to brake early (cold tyres, cold brakes) in T2, began to spin and, given the nature of this narrow turn, transformed into an obstacle for everyone else - sorry about that.
I regained a position as Gavin went into pits and another one when Marius DNF'd but that was about it - I did actually gain some time on Michel and Dennis sometimes, but during the next small off, those seconds quickly were lost in the grass again ;)

Thanks for racing, everyone, see you (likely, not sure about tomorrow) next week (might actually be wise to go practice GTs in LM a bit right now ;))

Last edited:
Yesterday was spent setting the car up and I think I pulled all the speed out that I could handle. Today was drive around and maintain a pace for each of the sessions. I didn't worry about qualifying though I did put my fastest lap up to that time in.

A slow start but that was OK, long race twitchy cars. The track was clear at T2 when I got there so I took off behind Marius and Gavin, wondering what Gavin thought about his spot on the track! Keeping up and on L2 saw[I think] Gavin lose the rear and Marius who was close behind hit his side and they both took a ride to the infield. So, OK, how long can I hold a lead for? Nelson makes it to me and while he can outbrake me he can't get close enough to pass[or doesn't want to] and I seem to be able to pull out of the corners? Having so much fun I didn't notice the left front going solid red and at the same time clipped a little grass that put me into the infield for a second. Nelson waved bye bye for the rest of the race. I got past Gavin, barely and barely stayed there to the end as Michel was stuck a time behind me as well.

At the finish, .29l of fuel and front tires at 50%. It had been a struggle but a good race as I didn't get any damage at all!

Thanks to all for signing up and burning some fuel.

OK, we've heard some great ideas but I see no well accepted ideas.

I have to come pick a combo soon.
Are we this track or another?
If this track Mini or not?
Other track, Mini or not?

Please answer those questions for me so we can have a race, no track names or car classes needed, just the bare essentials, thanks!

Well I thoroughly enjoyed myself today :thumbsup::roflmao:. Was quick yesterday when I was practicing by myself and felt very confident in my ability. This carried over to today where I qualified second, but felt like I left some speed still left on the table :cautious:.

Bjorn had a tremendous start, and it was a little scary going into T1 :confused:. We all survived, and I just had a strong feeling something big in turn two was going happen- and I was right! No hard feelings here Bjorn, your spin actually made my race very enjoyable seeing as I had to charge back through the field :D:thumbsup:.

Knowing Marius was fast, I knew I was likely going to have to settle for a third or second place finish. However, when I was on the tail of Dennis, Michel and Marius got into each other and Dennis inherited the lead with me right behind him :confused:! My BMW was good through the corners, but Dennis's Aston had good straight line speed. We had an amazing battle which was intense and very fun until I got around you :thumbsup:. The main issue was that I knew it was hard to get around you, and I did not want to do anything stupid that would ruin either of our races :cool:.

Now in the lead, I saw Marius had dropped out and it looked like no one else was quick enough to catch me :D. Brought the win home, but it felt rather hollow considering Marius (whom seemed to have one of the fastest cars, possibly faster than me) had wrecked :notworthy::unsure:.

That now brings my total club race win number to 4. I remember I won something at Zolder, Alpine Hills and Poznan :cool:.

Thanks for organizing, and I look forward to Minis tomorrow! :thumbsup:

Having a problem with my microphone, it emits a strange popping sound when using both Teamspeak and Mumble (but doesn't on Steam voice chat or when I record using Audacity... weird). Anyway, i'll try and remedy it before tonight, but if not I apologise and i'll source myself a new headset.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 302 15.4%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 210 10.7%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 202 10.3%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 151 7.7%