RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

This will be my first race with a G27 so go easy on me.

A G27 you say?

sticker,375x360.png

Haha, my game crashed once again in race two, when I went from 6th gear to 1st, crossing the finish line. :cautious:
I really need to stop do that, but you know, I like going up in smoke :inlove:;)

At first I had planned to use my Honda, but it didn't really felt that good. :cautious:
In P1, I felt I wasn't that fast, and car felt unstable. So I went with the Seat, and that was my cup of tea today. Similar setup, but x10 times better. :geek:

Manage to pull up fast qualification, but @Peter Ell stole the pole, so ended up in 2nd. :rolleyes:

Race one, had a decent start, and I also noticed that Peter were little slow, but I never mange to pass him. so I just took it slow in T1 to avoid any retarded actions. Me and Peter raced together for a few laps, but once my tires started to worn off, he slowly crawled away. For most of the race, Peter had 3 seconds lead, and sometimes he were even up to 4 seconds. Towards the, he had managed to increase the gap 6-8 seconds. and I had done the same towards the guy in rd place.
I finished in 2nd place.

Race two, Had really good start, and stole a few positions right before T1. I can't remember, but someone (I think @Dennis Phelan) together with @Björn Golda were fighting each other, and I tried to figure out, if possible, too surprise them both, perhaps pass them. It never came, but they both were involved in a small incident, so I passed them both, and started to hunt down @Nelson Ullinskey. I can't really remember, but I think after 2-3 laps, I were right behind him, and used draft to try pass him, on the start/finish straight.
He was on the left side, and me on the right, so when the breaking area came, I completely missed my breaking point, and couldn't really do anything. I manage to slow the car down, so at least didn't went off the track.

However, Björn were now right behind me, and we both started to hunt down Nelson once again.
We were soon behind him. My memory are a little foggy atm, but Nelson went off, and me and Björn both passed him. Little later I saw they clashed together, and that gave me some breathing room.

Towards the end, Nelson were nowhere to be seen anymore, and Björn had actually manage to catch up with me, and I had to be careful. I never really felt threated by him, but one mistake, and he would had passed me. I did ofc, a few tiny ones, but so did Björn, (I guess both did it due to tires were pretty much worn out - at leats in my case :redface:) so in a way it made for a very tense racing between us, and it could had gone either way. :thumbsup:

When we both crossed the finish line, he was just behind me with 0.01 seconds :confused:

I hope to see you guys on Thursday!

Sorry i haven't made it again guys. My sister was in a car accident and i went to go see her, didn't get back until now.
Wishing all the best for her - hope she gets well soon!

As far as this event goes, I went in practically unprepared (4 laps yesterday to get fuel figured out) as I only got back to a normal internet connection mere minutes before qualifying - it's a provisional solution (I hope!) but it works.
Got P6 in qualifying, but I didn't exactly expect more ;)

Had a nice start, though, and got by @Gundars Brigis rather easy as he left some rubber on the road - he quickly gained back his position through the first few turns, though
PRWrYFq.jpg

With @Dennis Phelan breathing down my neck, I kept on to Gundars and it paid off when he went off for a few metres, losing valuable speed - both of us went by and Dennis and I had a short fight for a few laps - he went by once or twice, but couldn't grab the line to stay there ;)
iA5vVup.jpg

While @Peter Ell and @Daniel Linder were long gone, @Nelson Ullinskey and @Stig Bidstrup kept losing time fighting for P3 - I slowly got up to then, and when Nelson went onto the grass shortly, I went by. Carried on to put some pressure on Stig, but him fighting like a champ and my tyres.. well.. gone, I couldn't get past him - P4 :)
FdqEqGM.jpg

Starting from P4, I got by Gundars again and kept Daniel behind me for a whopping three and a half turn when I touched Dennis in front and Daniel slipped through and took off!
FEwhflI.jpg

Had another small battle with Dennis until his car got a bit squiggly through T1, he let off the throttle a bit and I went by - 'twas quite a way to Nelson and Daniel in front, though, but thankfully, they kept losing time here and there. Having finally reached them, Nelson reshaped the grass strip for a moment and both Seats got by.
A0rgyHb.jpg

Daniel and I got into a nice fight for the last few kilometres and while I got close, I couldn't quite make the pass - P2 it was :)
jnMOgYp.jpg

Thanks for racing, everyone - see you in the big ones on Thursday! :)

@Alex Odell , the best wishes for your sister.

A tough track and a dedicated grid! I had an Alfa in the garage and it looked pretty so I took it out for the event.
I like the track as in it's tough but it's usually too tough for me but I still like it. Quali showed that I had no speed.

R1: Well, no speed eh. We were in a number of clashes throughout the race and a podium actually looked to be a slim possibility but just dreams. An off at the infield left handed put me back in 1st place, pole for R2.

R2: Pole disappeared on the front straight, all too quickly and I had a nice tussle until L4 when brain fade really came on strong. Into the gravel and then just plain do it again and again so I decided to pit. Nelson brought me back to my senses demanding that I start commentating , which I did till the end. @Daniel Linder if your PC had crashed a microsecond sooner, Bjorn would have had the race!

I think too much yard work the past few days left me in bad shape for this event. Easier cars to drive on Thursday :O_o:

The swedish chef's in, and so am I, Zonda time (I think)! :D

/edit: on for a few laps right now

If you want to see how other RD members have designed their cars, feel free to download & install the RaceDepartment Race07 skinpack (v201449):

For more information on the pack and how to get your car added, see this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 117 12.9%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.2%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 86 9.5%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 60 6.6%