RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Entrylist:
  1. Chris Rodgers - Gumpert [skin]
  2. Rhys Gardiner
  3. Michael Stead
  4. Warren Dawes- Viper Skin
  5. Cam Wedgwood
  6. Steve Perryman
  7. Dave Millar
  8. Andrew Dawes
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Vedran Kralj - Saleen
  23. Pascal Cerqueira
  24. Tobias Kluge - Corvette C6R
  25. Jeff Leroux - Aston Martin DB9R
  26. Christian Deparis - Gumpert Apollo [skin]
  27. Rafael Barbosa
  28. Dietmar Auferkorte
  29. Piotrek Blaszczak
RESERVES

[1] Bob Luneski
[2] Tyson Cierpial

hi guys, had a great evening last night.
Was my first event here at racedepartment and i must say i very much enjoyed it.
Race 1 was great ,got hit in turn 1
race 1: started well in 5th place i think but in t1 i broke too late and hit an audi who was in 4th place. i do not know who was the driver
....uh, that was me Amir,lol.Got a bit sideways and lost a few places but had a great race and fights with some people and finished 5.

Race 2 was a bummer. All went well up to the pitstop(s).Never driven a race of 52 laps and so i only changed my front tyres........no need to say that was a BIG mistake.My rear end was sliding all over the place, making it near impossible to drive and so i had to pit again but only after several trips on to the grass/gravel and loosing my front aero.So ended up after a loooong 2nd pitstop as 13th.....
Hope to do much better next time, thanks to all the drivers for this great evening and hoping to see you all on the next event.

i just realised after seeing Richards vid that i had forgot to post about the great fun i had :dance2:

Qualified 10th, but made a rubbish start and dropped to 15th, managed to pass a few cars and with a few dropping out due to mini dumps i was upto 6th.
pitted just before 45mins but i recone i was one of the 1st to pit as i dropped a lot of places. but with fresh tyres i soon made up ground.
had some great and super clean fights along the way and was in 5th or 6th near the end and had Gary closing but my tyres were getting worn and he past me only to then give me the place back at the line :laugh2:

top driving by Rob and Dan, i`m always a bit nerves when driving close with new people but drove clean and fair, and i look forward to many more like that :highfive:

You had lots of action indeed Nigel , was fun to watch , me myself had fun battles with you to. you had the upperhand though :)

Sorry folks, had quite a blast with this car on the old Sachsenring. Even managed to get a 2.37.xxx time, so was quite happy with my qualy.

So race 1 started on 5th pos and got a little hit on the starting line, but nothing too serious. Then in 4th corner I was not sure if I hit someone.. id not feel anything - had a quick look back and somewhere in the mayhem I saw a car flying off the road. So instead of waiting I raced on as there was nothing to wait for I guess.. sorry if I really caused someone to get off track!

Then while passing some crashed cars made it back to 6th place and then my screen suddenly turned black, HUD was still there and PC running as if there'd be nothing. So I had to quit, too bad. Would have loved to race on.. this track is soo hard to concentrate all the time and drive quick.

Hope all had fun :highfive:

*** edit ***
regarding the possible crash I caused.. just wanted to check the replay, but it's not there. Really hope it was not my fault as I did not feel anything there.

Race1

Started at back and after 2 suspension pitstops finshed 8th.

Realisation hit then "pole for 2nd race" shake shake.

Race 2

With my record starting was filling my pants, so kept chatting <<<Pass Left for a joke, but really got an ugly start, all power dropped so did pull over to right to get out of way. Had foot hard down but seemed to take forever to kick in. What the hell goes on with my peddles? 1 minute sensitve to the extreme, next dead and flat. Really sorry for all behind me, gonna give these cats a miss for a bit.
Anyway, got halfway round, hit a tree, lost front left, pit in and damage could not be repaired.

Thanks for organising Gary and RD.

• Andrew Evans

yow! now that's what i call a track!

by r1 i was starting to get a feel for it... got a quality start... half way around, side-by-side... touch of grass, eat the hay...

r2, my jedi senses noticed the lights go out even before the server but the server didn't agree and so stop n go for me... another nice start thanks to the complete carnage on the grid...

got involved in a little thing happening at one of the last jumps... waited for peeps to get going and turns out i missed the whole thing and just shot across the front of it all :D on the way down the hill, swerved to avoid a track rentree and then found something nice and solid... puncture & sng... game over, man...

cheers gary mate... :nod:

Race 1 : Qualified in 6'th position
Had a descent start but backed of to avoid trouble in the first corner dropping one place.
After 2 laps I was up in 4’th due to others mistake and I hold that until the end without much happening.
A hard and fun track that one.

Race 2 : Started in 5’th, but at start Neil G in 6’th floored it all too much and therefore loosing control and came as a projectile 90deg sideways t-boned me at the rear left sending me into a 180 spin. Of course that’s only the start of the mess, sitting there in the middle of the track facing the wrong way is not good news. Race finished due to all to much parts missing …..

Fun cars and track ...

very little practice for this and no experience in the cats.

Quali: used neil gaults setup and ran the identical lap to his, and managed to get 3rd.

race #1: wrecked myself out.

Race #2: Wrecked myself out.

Thanks for organzing gary, and thanks for hosting RD.

Keith

• Matt Crouch

Didn't really do much racing tonight :wink2: Was expecting to manage more than 1 lap at least :laugh2: oh well

race 1... started ok off the grid, unfortunately Dan moved off a lot slower than I was expecting and I tapped his corner, lost control and continued to tap the wall - damaged suspension. Continued on the first lap and made up a few places.
the rest of race 1 can be accurately summarised with the attached image.
that bridge is invisible when you're concentrating on something else, in this case I'd just got back past Dan and was coming up to the right of the next person but went that bit too wide. I did have much lollage in spectator mode though watching Neil trying to get out of the ditch for ten minutes.

Race 2, bit of chaos on the grid but from the replace it was just an unlucky series of events. Came out of that with suspension damage again, and realised that it had been so long since I went out of the first race I couldn't remember the braking points, crashed out after a few corners :(

Thanks for the event anyway :chuck:

Attachments

• sachsendead2.jpg
    sachsendead2.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 245
1st race I crashed out from 12th I think on the 2nd lap (I saw you pile into those hay bales Andrew behind me).

2nd race I was 2nd (admittidly it was only out of 7 but still I had been there since the start apart from Gary over taking me and spinning off), then on the last lap I totalled it!!!:crying:

Thanks for the race guys, these cars were hard on that track.

Didn't really do much racing tonight :wink2: Was expecting to manage more than 1 lap at least :laugh2: oh well

race 1... started ok off the grid, unfortunately Dan moved off a lot slower than I was expecting and I tapped his corner, lost control and continued to tap the wall - damaged suspension. Continued on the first lap and made up a few places.
the rest of race 1 can be accurately summarised with the attached image.
that bridge is invisible when you're concentrating on something else, in this case I'd just got back past Dan and was coming up to the right of the next person but went that bit too wide. I did have much lollage in spectator mode though watching Neil trying to get out of the ditch for ten minutes.

Race 2, bit of chaos on the grid but from the replace it was just an unlucky series of events. Came out of that with suspension damage again, and realised that it had been so long since I went out of the first race I couldn't remember the braking points, crashed out after a few corners :(

Thanks for the event anyway :chuck:

Sorry Matt, when I went to pull away I found I was in 3rd, no idea how?! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 118 12.7%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 93 10.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 89 9.6%