RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

• Andrew Evans

I think a ratio of 2:1 would be best, rather than 3:1.

like it said... might... we'll see how it goes... we have one rewind left after this one - then we've re-run every enduro track (bar one) from the beginning up to december... :nod:

He means the Mini Shots followed by the Mini Enduro last week.

yea, that was unfortunate... i didn't intend to run them back to back, twas just the way the calendar panned out (and the need to get the tracks out).... next time i run a mini shots it'll be miles away from a friday...

like it said... might... we'll see how it goes... we have one rewind left after this one - then we've re-run every enduro track (bar one) from the beginning up to december... :nod:

yea, that was unfortunate... i didn't intend to run them back to back, twas just the way the calendar panned out (and the need to get the tracks out).... next time i run a mini shots it'll be miles away from a friday...

Then if Rewind "Tracks-Fuel" will end up we can put instead them Shots event's should be okay then

... It was very difficult to maintain concentration there at the end and thanks to Joao for not lapping me during the last few laps! At least I can say I finished on the lead lap. I'm sure you could have passed me if you wanted to, but I'm glad you didn't...

Yes & No...
Yes, like I typed in my post, I decided that I wasn't disturbing your fight for 2nd and I didn't sow as fair if you went a lap down at the very end and you didn't had one more lap to pressure Abdul.

But also don't forget that I was doing 30 laps with each set of tires, and by race end they were all "shot up". So following someone was easier than going alone or forcing an overtake that could somehow "trash" my (and others) race :wink2:

..I was not happy with the chat that was going on during the race. I suppose for a 2.5 hour race it wasn't too bad, but there should have been NONE. On one occasion, I let myself look at the chat message and it caused me to go off slightly. Let's please keep the chat to NONE during a race guys - it's very distracting...

Ughhh the chat again...

I must admit that the "light" chat doesn't disturb me, it even adds to the human side of the simrace, especially at an endurance race.

I try to relax but at same time staying focus, but nevertheless at race end my neck was ”very hard” :wink2:

Usualy I don't read much in hard spots (for instance, rivage and turn after), but I do read and even "consult" hud to know how everyone is doing (noticing for instance if people are fighting for certain places, if someone in the middle of the peloton is gaining time on me and so on) and also check my car temperatures, all these in easy spots (straights easy turns).

But I do understand and respect that it might be disturbing to others...

Short of what Bob typed (2 or 3 mouse clicks and no more chat in race, just leave it on in practice), as I typed in another post recently on this forum, I will "shorten" my auto-chat messages for future races. But also please try to understand that the RD rules do permit a few type of "auto-chats" and also perhaps more importantly a few are security related (in likes of "ordering" someone to overtake before going to the pits) and others are more tactical (letting the front racer know we are keeping position for instance).

I now remember that I also race with name tags on, so I usually keep an extra eye out when near other people so I can read any message that they might want to pass on and immediately after reading the name in the chat window I think if I’m going to keep reading it or not. It's hard to explain as all happens in a fraction of a second…

• Andrew Evans

Then if Rewind "Tracks-Fuel" will end up we can put instead them Shots event's should be okay then

hehehe, no shots is something different and not gonna be unqiue to minis... the rewind format is sound - we just won't be rewinding anymore... more of a fast-forward.... :heh: :eyebrows:

That was an entertaining couple of races, Sorry Yves for getting into you in the final chicane. I slowed to let you past and you must of done the same thing :(

A lap later and my PC froze for 2-3 seconds then my GFX corrupted.

Till next time!​

Attachments

• race07gfxcrash.jpg
    race07gfxcrash.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 232
  • Chris Rodgers

Qualy went ok till the last T and 1/2 spun and ended 1.28 oh well... on to the race...

R1 Got a good start off the line but quickly ran out of space. Took a knock in the rear when avoiding some late brakers into the last T on lap 1 which pushed me into the barrier and knocked off the splitter and bend the steering, so pulled in the pits to fix, but saw the leaders coming around and I just hate getting stuck out there with the Blue Flag all the time even if I have pace... so retired.

Bad luck Gunthar, it was good to see you back behind the wheel though after so much time in the workshop lately, good you can still get some track time every now and then ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 381 16.2%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 258 11.0%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 250 10.6%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 182 7.7%