RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

i regret that i could stay for only 20 laps. but as i told had to go to work early in the morning.

Anyway i enjoyed it very much, spent the whole week trying to get a setup for the Ferrari. i spoiled the gearing in 5th and 6th. it wouldnt go faster than 260 km/h.

at 2 o clock dutch time i made a pit and had a stop and go penalty for entering to quick in the pit. it was for me the moment to leave, and go to bed. (had a very bad day at work)

Hope to join another time, hopefully on a friday or saterday night.

:party2::laugh2:

We need a league. Anyone interested and ready to commit? We could even follow a real league currently running with tracks and cars and livery. This could be big guys. Only requirement is commitment.

It was a pleasure racing with you guys.

Joao thanks for letting me unlap myself. You have no idea how much I wanted to pass lol. My car at that time was running very well. Only scare I had was my engine coming down to 92% looking at MotecAdd DX.

BTW guys MotecAdd DX is a must have in endurance races. I could see who requested to pit and if they pitted or not.

• Andrew Evans

I think comparing that how quickly "grid" is filling up for that one and that how slowly grid was filing for Enduro is the final nail to coffin for Mini Enduro.

nah, last week was an anomaly... usually, whatever the format, it fills this quickly... however, y'all know i've been more in favour of 3 race format vs enduro recently... from this week, we might only be enduro-ing once a month.... :rabbit:

Recovered now, so here we go. Man what an intense event, it's as much about mental toughness as it racing.

Qual: A little disappointed in my qual time. Choked the superpole 3 seconds off my pb for 12th on the grid. And then I realized, over 60 laps a few feet doesn't make any difference unless u have the pole.

Race: Grats to everyone for a very cautious start. No problems through the first few corners, then I accidently let my tire touch the curb in and allowed the car to drift into the gravel instead of spinning back into the pack. I dutifully waited and waved (U saw me wave didn't you) as i watched the rest of the field pass by. Rejoined in last and proceeded calmly to the task at hand.

Caught and passed the few cars I was faster than and settled into a pace. I was slowly advancing places as attrition thinned the field. I was on a 2 pit strategy, but my tires started giving out around lap 15 and i had one of my 3 spins for the race in lap 19, so I decided to pit. Came out with fresh shoes on the car and kept lapping.

By lap 30 fatigue was starting to set in and i was having difficulty controlling the car after only 12 laps so my strategy changed to one of survival. Do an extra pit for tires or crash.....I went in and got new tires. The around lap 40 i fueled up and got new tires again and looked at my MotecAdd screen.

Crap my DBR9's motor health was only 60%, "Captain, I think she's gonna blow!". Now I REALLY went into survival mode. Driving somewhat like my grandmother and going only as fast as I needed to go to maintain the gap between myself and Graham. I limped home to the finish 8th dripping in sweat and totally drained.

Grats to all who participated!!!!! It was quite an experience.

• Matt Crouch

Well said :D

I think comparing that how quickly "grid" is filling up for that one and that how slowly grid was filing for Enduro is the final nail to coffin for Mini Enduro.

I'm afraid People wants quick, entertaining, hair standing races

I think an alternative reason is that there were two mini events in a row :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Are you buying car setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back