RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

At the back of the field i had great fun. Did my best to hold some of you behind me, but had al the way sight on some cars in front of me. So it wasnt a lonely race.

Last rounds i tried to go for place 10th but lost the car a few times, and had to take a second pit for some refuelling in the last round. (my fuel was depending on the fastest driver ; )

AlsoOmar and i had a nice close encounter in the pit. It seems that we had the same spot. So when Omar stopped i drove too far and had to drive backwards, also loosing my spot at that moment.

Started 7th. Gained one or two places at the start, then lost one. I had fight will Beemsterboer for a few laps before he slipped on the grass in the last turn (watch the replay he took off). After that i simply drove to my pitstop, where i stalled it.

Came out side by side with Beemsterboer once more where we fought for laps again, until he fell off the track, i passed him, then fell off the track myself. Grrr.

As i came back on Beemsterboer over took me again but coming into the last turn he hit the concrete pit signs! Passed him, he retired, i cruised to 6th.

Thank you RD for the race.

wow what a great result :cool:

i didnt do any practice till a couple of hours before the event and after an hour i was catching up with Michaels times then the bugger went a stuck in a lap 2 secs faster lol.
so i changed my gearing a little and tried a few different lines and my times started to fall.
quali was supperb and got 4th, but made a lousy start and lost 1 spot but soon was in 4th and in a nice train and after a few laps Michael was leading with me close behind and although i could follow him close it was hard to pass. then i missed my brakes and pushed off track i waited but that dropped me down to 3rd and so the next lap i pitted early which paid of big style as after everyone pitted i was leading by about 10secs, which i manged to stretch out alittle before fatigue started to set into my old bones lol but i could manage the gap back to 2nd and took a supprised win.

thanks to all that raced and of course to RD for setting it all up, cya next week :D

Guys, big issue! The cars hit the rev limiter quite a lot on these tracks and so a simple car set-up chgange would be to change the gearing..... well you can on these cars so the gears are stuck in default resulting in cars on the limiter for about 5/6 seconds around a lap which will result in engine blows for sure.

Take a look at the read me. I believe there is a solution there.

Not a great experience for me. Didn't have time to practice beforehand, so I did a couple of laps just before quali. Very slow, 2-3 seconds behind the guy in front, and 8 or more behind Michael.
Somehow I managed to stay close to the pack at the start, but then the fails started. Had a couple of off road excursions, lost pace, hit the wall at one point, went to the pits to repair damage, missed my pit marker, my cheap steering wheel with those idiotic suction pads moved around while driving through certain corners...

Also, an exhausting experience on my end. Maybe it's that bloody spring thing, twas warm, and I barely made it through the whole 80 minutes... I even let out a huge sigh when Nigel finished the lap 4 seconds before those 80 minutes were over, because it meant 4 more minutes of torture for me :D

Got convinced by kjelle that Minis ´s are a good way to spend most of friday evening with and it was :). I have only done a couple of races with this Mini´´s and they all have been sprint racing. So doing 80 min feelt like a descent challenge ;) . Had a blast racing and thx kjelle m8 for both setup and talking me into this .... :)

/Anders

I started official practice with a car that had run a fair number of laps consistently for me.
The same car qualified me as good as I could expect myself to do. Then I reenterd the game so I could be at the back of the pack.
Then I decided to change a few gears!
Finishing up the Q session and into the warmup I tried a few combinations.
I picked one for the race!
After a great start off the line I began to get worried, I wasn't comfy with the gears and it was showing in my laptimes.
I had a few great laps with Omer and caused him a few problems while I was getting used to which gear/where!
Then, about lap six the pace became easier, a rhythm developed and though I was all alone for the rest of the race it was a fun drive, taking about .333 off my best time there.
On the last lap, three corners from the end Nigel went past as I, uh, slipped[!] and I was saved from having to run extrememly low on fuel in my next lap!!!

An amazing track, fun to drive. Thanks Bram and RD for the event.

Maybe next time a race on an STCC track or a short one like them?

We are recycling this event from 2 weeks ago since it's a great track for these cars and the INDY Cars are here this weekend along with Grand Am as a support series. So now you can pretend you have a ride with Will Turner's Team in Grand Am! he he he And it could be one of the tracks that ends up on the ATCC S3 line up as well!

Entry List:

1. Rhys Gardiner
  2. Michael Carver
  3. Willie Watt
  4. Kevin Hopkins
  5. Glenn Petersen
  6. Blair Scott
  7. Daniel Wood
  8. Dennis Phelan
  9. Carl Gianetti
  10. Dave Stephenson
  11. Ryan Callan