RACE 07 Racing Club (Merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hya all

As a start lets kick some WTCC cars after the pause period. :)

Time: 19.00 GMT / 20.00 CET
Practise: 30 min
Qualy: 30 min
Race: 2*10 laps
Weather: Dry

Track: Istanbul
Cars: WTCC 06 and 07

Server name: RSC # RPMnet.org
Password: spa

Server 1 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #1
  1. Attila Domján - Chevy
  2. Gareth Hickling - Peugeot
  3. Pauliebhoy Harrigan - Seat Leon
  4. Gregory Degreef - BMW E90
  5. Mehmet Arikan - Seat
  6. Jerome Benard - Alfa Romeo
  7. Cristian Haba - BMW E90
  8. Christian Deparis - Seat 07
  9. Jens Hoeppner - BMW E90
  10. Patrick van Driel -Seat Leon
  11. James Yates - BMW E46
  12. Jari Vinnari - BMW E90
  13. Marcel Hulsbergen - Alfa 156
  14. Peter Böszörményi - Seat Leon
  15. Kent Karlén - Chevy 07
  16. darron miller - Peugeot
  17. Michael Herrmann - Alfa 156
  18. Nico Major - BMW E90
  19. Rami Kaukola - BMW E90
  20. Christopher Aponte - Seat LEon
  21. Simon Trendell - Peugeot
  22. big daddy Morpheus Lightning McQueen - car tbd
  23. Baron-Rouge[NO-B] - Seat Leon
  24. ingemar petersson Seat Leon
  25. Nevermind - Seat Leon
Server 2 - RSC @ RPMnet.org #2
  1. Driver
  2. Driver
  3. Driver
  4. Driver
  5. Driver
  6. Driver
  7. Driver
  8. Driver
  9. Driver
  10. Driver
  11. Driver
  12. Driver
  13. Driver
  14. Driver
  15. Driver
  16. Driver
  17. Driver
  18. Driver
  19. Driver
  20. Driver
  21. Driver
  22. Driver
  23. Driver
  24. Driver
  25. Driver

Fuji: Then race started and in first corner Jan pushed me into the wall! I watched the replays and I feel a lot lighter now, as I know he wasn't trying to pass me but Ben ahead, and he lost control a bit because he was in the lower section of the turn. quote]

Really sorry for that
I did se a car “flying” of up the fence, but I didn’t feel in my wheel like hitting someone, but I had a bad feeling that that was probably due to me….

Once again, sorry... and I make it up to you next time

Surely in an enduro, everyone would have enough common sense to take it easy for the first few laps.

Take the hint guys. :)

Warren is right. You don't win a race on the first lap, much less so an enduro... unless, of course, it's on the Nordschleife... :laugh2:

Besides, this is a premium event, so first-lap carnage shouldn't be a worry. :thumb: Off to school now (last day :D), will practice on the track some more when I get home. See you guys there!

Right, the story of my evening:-

Race1 - Quali about 12th. A decent start, but I took a chance and guessed that, if there was trouble in T1, it'd be up the top of the banking, so I went low, and that paid off. saw people having regular excursions on the grass in front of me, and I kept picking up the places. Only had 1 tiny off, and it only cost me 2 secs on the lap, so I kept a decent pace through to finish 4th. Best RD finish :good:

Race 2 - Quali 2nd. Let me say that again - 2nd. Just about 0.3 off old Benno. (Benno incidentally is also an IKEA bookcase, flat pack fans). No-one, and I mean no-one was more surprised than I. In the race Gary had a lightning start and was up front with Ben & I straight away. We all got through T1 (not as simple as it sounds) and we had a few good laps. Ben & I had a little dink, no big deal, I dropped to about 7th. Then a few spinners and a couple of passes put me back up to 4th. Had a cracking battle with Marc Good for a few laps. Marc gets an honourable mention here, because he was following me for about 4 laps, and he just tagged me in the uphill hairpin. Bear in mind this is Pau, and nigh on possible to pass on. He went past, then apologised and allowed me to take my place back. Top class, Marc :good:. Then the swine passed me on the last lap and nicked 4th off me anyway :D, still 5th is a top result for me.

Race 3 - Qualied about 13th. - Decent start, but whomever was in directly in front of me (Dave or Marc - it was a blue brylcreem Rad) bogged down and didn't move, so some avoidance required, Peter & I got into close proximity for a while, as he mentions, but again no problems. After a few laps, I'm about 4th or so, people in front of me are getting their moneys worth by seeing ALL the track, including the gravelly, & tyre wall-y bits. Matt & I encounter Gary and someone after an incident, I slam on the anchors & Matt hits me, damaging my suspension - not Matt's fault - just one of those things. I have a moment a lap or 2 later and let a couple through (Jan I think)so I'm down to 7th. Then I see Keith hoving into view in my mirror, he's closing mad fast, but then at T1, he suddenly flips off due to the kerbs. After that it was a case of don't bugger it up, until Keith comes along again after his recovery about 4 laps later. I drive awkward lines, and Keith has to throw a brave one round the outside. Fair do's you make that stick you deserve the place :good: Hold on for 8th.

All in all, a blinding night probably my best RD night result wise, and the best in accident avoidance - all achieved with as bad a case of the Brad's as I can recall ever having :good:

This was a blast so glad I made this.

Race #1 - Fuji - Wicked fun, took me back to a simpler time.

Quali: I nailed a PB in quali and thought it would be enough for pole. Then in his first race Jeroen van Toorn scores the pole. (Congrats well done)

Race: Got off the line well and Jeroen did aswell. He lead for half the first lap before losing it in T4?. I had clean track and ran quicker each lap the fuel got light. At lap 10 I had a spin myself and had a 7 sec lead which dwindled down to 2 seconds. With 1 lap to go I came up on two lapped cars. I made the mistake of moving lanes to quick and got sideways. The lappers did nothing wrong, but as I came up on them next they gracefully gave room(thanks guys well done) to me, Gary, and Michael who were not withint .7 of me. I managed to hold on, and gary and michael finished off the battle of the year :)

Race #2 - Pau- Always Pau :) Fun and dangerous

Quali: Botched quali and lost 2 secs off my fast time and started 14th :O

Race: Launched well and on the front straight before T1 I had gained 4 positions. Entered T1 patiently and had a car on my outside fly by and take out two more. At this point I am now in 8th after T1 from 14th. Headed into the T2 Jan went too deep which collected Marty. This then put me into 6th. Andrew spun putting me into 5th after 1 full lap. Now behind Herrman heading onto the front straight I had a huge run on him and entering the T1 brake zone he was protecting the inside with me pressuring him hard. He went too deep into the brake zone and went wide. Now in 4th chasing Ben and Stuart, Ben gave stuart a slight tap which sent him around, which Bed then waited for him as a true gentlemen. I was then in 2nd behind Gary 5 secs. Pushed hard for about 5 laps and running a 1:17.8 in the race. Pushing so hard got me to over shoot brake zone in T2 and hit barried taking my wheel off ending my race :) Wicked fun AMAZING replays. WD Gary perfect run.

Race #3 - Misano- Fun track but really relentless with those tire stacks of death.

Quali: Found wicked speed in the gearing and nailed quali for pole.

Race: Got a good launch but had Ben got by, Gary had the best launch nearly getting me also. Gary pressured hard early on and ben was up front when he nailed the tire stack of death in the S bend. I lead for the next lap until L3 going through T1 I hit the curb got loose and lost in and ended up in Gary's way (sorry curbs hate me) TOok me a while to sort myself out and reentrered 12th and had susp damage. Fought with a few along the way and was actually caught back up to Ben who would eventually finish 3rd. When I spun again.:disapointed: I then found myself on the last 2 laps behind Stuart Thompson who, would not go quietly into the night. This guy put up a defense that I didnt think I could crack. Luckily I was geared for the draft and had a run and was able to pass him on the outside after the long straight under braking. Good job defending Stuart. Ended up 7th after all that mess.

Im going to write a book "How to lose a race in 12 laps" :eat::highfive:

Thanks so much for hosting all invoved, I had a blast. WD to all the winners/podiums and everyone for good racing.

Keith Barrick

Attachments

• start Pau.jpg
    start Pau.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 182
  • BenTooTight.jpg
    BenTooTight.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 175
  • garykeithdrift.jpg
    garykeithdrift.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 197
  • 5 people one corner.jpg
    5 people one corner.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 200
realy thank you Andrew for this event sometimes i realy like your sick brain :D

*qual1*
was not that fast but good for 8th or so cant realy remember

*race1*
my start was like all had a fwd rad and i was the only rwd got up to 4th but had ben to let go outside.
at 2nd turne i was all over him that he pulled over and let me go then i was on Matt i think he did a error too and i was on 2nd now i was trying to stay in touch with Keith but no change he builded a gab of over 7 sec'S on me
and i was loosing on Gary who was pushing hart from 3rdwhile gary and i was made it out Keith must have some errors then we closed the gab to under 5 secs
as Gary finaly got me on the strait and closed the line for me on the inside so i could not counter his attack anymore
(i did 2-3 times befor :p )
back on 3rd a hairwide away from Garys gearbox as we came out of turne 2 i saw smoke and had to slam the brakes to avoid Gary cuz Keith had probs lapping so there was confusion but we came all clear past the 2 backmakers and of the chase startet again :D
i tryed to stay on gary cuz i hoped for a shot on him out of the last turn but was already so exited that i runned wide so 3rd for me :)
Gratz to Keith and Gary Well done mates :D

*qualy 2*
again somewhere in the top 10 i think 8th or 9th

*Race2*
again a awsome start i cam up to 3rd on the outside, stayed outside throug the whole turne to let the guys inside enough room
cuz of this Andrew came better out of it so i had to let him go now on 4th i tryed to stay close to Andrew to maybe build up fast a gab to the guys behind us
on the first chicane i missed my braking totaly and stuffed Andrew into the wall at the exit of the chicane (realy sorry Andrew)
i think he collected quite a lot of DMG cuz he was driving wired lines after that again realy sorry
was so pissed about my stupid mistake that i could barly hold it on track finished 16th or so
again sorry to all i was in the way
and Gratz to the Podium

*qualy3*
was on the way to a top 5th spot on the grid as i collected a tyerstack of death that left me as a bbq panda in the kitty litter :(
sorry too all i distrackted with my meassage and specialy sorry to Jeroen for making you lough at your hotlap :)

*Race3*
Startet from the back i think 16th of 18th and was after turne one already on 9th i think cuz i found a clean line throug the carnage :)
at the end of lap 1 i was already 4th or 3rd as the leaders spun it at turne 1
now i was nowing i be pretty quick here so i did it in the schumacher style and was running every lap like a qualy lap
and could install a gab up to 5.5 secs finished 1st followed by Gary and Ben

realy awsome raceing Guys it was so intense and there was so much realy close clean racing i hope someone make i movie of race 1 cuz that would be 1a Promotion for the race club

thanks to Gary for the best race i ever had and probaly will have for a long time fuji i will truly never forget :D
many thanks to Stuart for his stunning radical skin pack awsome work man
and finaly Thank you verry much to Andrew and RD for setting this one up

Lots of fun did better than I thought I would. 5th place Race 1, 2nd place Race 2 and 5th place Race 3. Started 2nd from last at fuji so it was satisfying to end up 5th. Saw some crazy stuff moving forward in that race. Radicals are a blast thanks Andrew

Amazing Rads fun yet again,big long battle with mister Herrmann was a nice introduction to 1970 Fuji......What A Track!!!?.
Pau is a track i always enjoy a lot,the 3 wide action from the start was excellent,cheers Benno and Thommo for the bit of room and respek there!.
My best rocket start of the night was need at Misano after a poor qualler lap,chasing Keith down until the side "Slaam" moment,no probs with that kind of incidents mate,pure racing bliss crashes :D,i enjoyed my slightly wonky recovery drive to the finish in my very bent up left pulling Rad,ended up having some nice battles right to the end.

Many Thanks Andrew and RD for another top Rad action night

This was a blast so glad I made this.

Race #1 - Fuji - Wicked fun, took me back to a simpler time.

Quali: I nailed a PB in quali and thought it would be enough for pole. Then in his first race Jeroen van Toorn scores the pole. (Congrats well done)

Race: Got off the line well and Jeroen did aswell. He lead for half the first lap before losing it in T4?.

Thnx! Think i hit a curb or something, don't even know where. I went off the track countless times so doesn't matter really

Not a problem Jeroen, it was an accident and you waited for me, but could hardly steer so decided to pull out.

My first post was out of sheer disappointment thats all and was not aimed at anyone, just had rotten luck 2 nights running. Never mind tomorrow will be a better day.

Hope you had a good first outing with us.

I sure had. Hopfully better run next time.

@Herrmann, you made me laugh in the qually off misano :laugh2:, almost missed my braking point there... but no hard feelings. Good to have some humor in there. (and i don't think i would have done better without that laugh)

The Honda is harder to muscle around here cause of its size compared to the Seat.

I ran 1:12.0 in the Honda with this setup, and I ran 1:12.1 in the Seat with the setups below.

Hope it helps. It is setup for an aggresive front end, and to absorb the curbing as best as possible.

5676d1222917616-race-night-flyer-thread-gtr-evo-flyer.jpg

Servername: RACEDEPARTMENT.COM EU
Password: HERE

Class: GTP - Koenigsegg CCGT Vs Gumpert Apollo
Track: Anderstorp
Weather: Dry

Practice: 20:00GMT
Qualification: 20:15 x15Mins Superpole
Warmup: 10 Mins.
Race: 2 x 15 Laps **Must change car between races**

Notes: This event is a chance to give a couple of the less popular and glamorous cars a run out and put them head to head against each other,there will be a split grid of Apollo's and Eggs,then a quick server rejoin between races to change cars,ofcourse no points will be recorded,but the fun and personal interest to see how you fare across the 2 rounds with the different cars.

Important: Please pay special attention to Racedepartment's Golden Rule: If you hit another driver and disadvantage him, we expect you stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents. Not following this rule will result in your membership of the racing club being terminated at once!

Entrylist:
  1. Gary Lennon - Koenigsegg CCGT
  2. Chris Vick - Koenigsegg CCGT
  3. Bob Miley - Koenigsegg CCGT
  4. Jan Wikström - Koenigsegg CCGT
  5. Hansi Josefsson - Koenigsegg CCGT
  6. Karl Dubois - Koenigsegg CCGT
  7. Luc Mangas - Koenigsegg CCGT
  8. Gaetan Legastelois - Koenigsegg CCGT
  9. Mtommi Tam - Koenigsegg CCGT
  10. Mike Simian - Koenigsegg CCGT
  11. Roy Carless - Koenigsegg CCGT