GT Omega PRIME Aluminium Profile Cockpit

There's room for innovation in the profile-built rig market. Color, for one. So far, it's black or silver. I've seen some gorgeous, custom rigs in a variety of colors.

Another area would be space-frame type construction with 4040 profile. You could do a Formula style layout, among other things. I've seen 1 or 2 space-frame type rigs; they're gorgeous and look nothing like these cookie-cutter designs.

Yet another area is seat mounts. Most commerical mounts are sloppy and have play/vibration. Linear bearings with 40-series profile allows tight mounting with adjustability. I'm surprised no one has done this, either.

How about convertible rigs? Moveable/flippable assemblies for wheels, flight sticks, rudder pedals, etc. Most Sim enthusiasts would welcome an expanded use for their rig for flight and space sims. There's plenty of innovation here, for a company that wants to pursue it.

Finally - for a really out-there idea - how about a projector-based all-in-one rig. Profile + flexible screen material could allow you to do a true, 180-degree, seamless wraparound screen. Couple this with a 4K projector + appropriate (anamorphic?) lens, and you'd have something rivalling the $500k commerical flight sims. How gorgeous would that be? In theory, profile-based rigs could make this fairly easy, with everything precut and ready to go.
Some more creative approaches to profile rigs to get away from 90-degree angles and reaches for space frame designs and styles like the Ariel Atom:

Open Sim Rigs

Upvote 0
People say triples take up to much room but my rig is only 130cms at its widest with 27" triples at 56 degrees sitting 56cm from my eyes. I was surprised how small it actually was when I first got them after all the talk about them being to big.
I'm stoked I got triples after I had 55" 4k single, 40" 4k single, CV1 and now 1080p triples and I'm happiest with this set up compared to all my other setups.

Upvote 0
Shame, £400 sounds like a Good price for me to get rid of my GT ultimate V2.Even though this is way better. I and most others would probably rather spend that £740 on an new VR, pedals, wheel or PC upgrade first.

There's always cheaper options lol

c41zebsx70v41.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Some more creative approaches to profile rigs to get away from 90-degree angles and reaches for space frame designs and styles like the Ariel Atom:

Open Sim Rigs
Just depends on how many hundreds (thousands???) you are willing to pay for custom color anodizing and irregular angles vs functionality. Clear anodizing is the cheapest, hides blems/scratches well(from changes and mods) and does not show the static/dust as much. :whistling:

Upvote 0
There's room for innovation in the profile-built rig market. Color, for one. So far, it's black or silver. I've seen some gorgeous, custom rigs in a variety of colors.

Another area would be space-frame type construction with 4040 profile. You could do a Formula style layout, among other things. I've seen 1 or 2 space-frame type rigs; they're gorgeous and look nothing like these cookie-cutter designs.

Yet another area is seat mounts. Most commerical mounts are sloppy and have play/vibration. Linear bearings with 40-series profile allows tight mounting with adjustability. I'm surprised no one has done this, either.

How about convertible rigs? Moveable/flippable assemblies for wheels, flight sticks, rudder pedals, etc. Most Sim enthusiasts would welcome an expanded use for their rig for flight and space sims. There's plenty of innovation here, for a company that wants to pursue it.

Finally - for a really out-there idea - how about a projector-based all-in-one rig. Profile + flexible screen material could allow you to do a true, 180-degree, seamless wraparound screen. Couple this with a 4K projector + appropriate (anamorphic?) lens, and you'd have something rivalling the $500k commerical flight sims. How gorgeous would that be? In theory, profile-based rigs could make this fairly easy, with everything precut and ready to go.
I would be happy if companies focussed on aesthetics.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but to me today's cookie cutter chassis are not pleasant to look at. Some companies have come up with alternate designs with better looks while retaining strength and flexibility.

The examples below are not my quite my cup of tea, and some of the prices are eye-watering, but at least they are pushing the sim rig envelope forward...

Formula Sim Rig 1627869769.jpg
Overpower Sim Rig op_vormeli3_3_2.png

eClassic sim_rig.jpg
Aston Martin Sim Rig.jpg

Upvote 0

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but to me today's cookie cutter chassis are not pleasant to look at. Some companies have come up with alternate designs with better looks while retaining strength and flexibility.

The examples below are not my quite my cup of tea, and some of the prices are eye-watering, but at least they are pushing the sim rig envelope forward...

View attachment 421944View attachment 421945
View attachment 421947View attachment 421948

I drive exclusively in VR, I wouldn't pay extra for something I can't see anyway. Kinda like Stevie Wonder choosing what colour the new curtains should be :)
View attachment 421944View attachment 421945
View attachment 421947View attachment 421948

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I'll be honest. Many years ago in my youth, I worked as a "sales assistant" at a sports retailer. The modular shelving we used to display our products looked exactly like the frame of this cockpit. So that's what this looks like to me... bits of old shelving salvaged from a shop refit, thrown together to create an ugly, cheap-looking cockpit.

I'm sure it's a quality product and I generally favour function over form, but I don't think anyone who is or has ever been a lowly "sales assistant" would ever want this is their home.

Upvote 0
I took a look at the Motedis website, and they have a sim Rig kit for €278.00, and it's essentially the same thing, without the black powder coating. Not really a problem if you drive VR like me, can't see it anyway :)
Here in the US, our main profile supplier is so expensive, It's cheaper in import entire cockpits, and parts from Europe, with high shipping than to piece it together here. Wish we had Motedis pricing here. Our guy thinks his stuff is made of fine jewels.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Here in the US, our main profile supplier is so expensive, It's cheaper in import entire cockpits, and parts from Europe, with high shipping than to piece it together here. Wish we had Motedis pricing here. Our guy thinks his stuff is made of fine jewels.
I knew there was something good about living in Germany :D

Upvote 0
The brand feels like its ikea for simracing, got the gt omega pro with rs9 seat for about 3 years, bolt and nuts worst quality ever, screws to attach two frames to eachother just brakes off. the wheels quality is just bad the whole rig is unleveled, rs9 no lumbar support and squeeks when you brake
still had fun in it and could drive/race but looking forward to upgrade to a quality rig and chair.... and need higher frame, getting to old haha its like sitting in a kart, cant get up anymore after a stint

Upvote 0
The brand feels like its ikea for sim racing, got the gt omega pro with rs9 seat for about 3 years, bolt and nuts worst quality ever, screws to attach two frames to each other just breaks off. the wheels quality is just bad the whole rig is unleveled, rs9 no lumbar support and squeaks when you brake
still had fun in it and could drive/race but looking forward to upgrade to a quality rig and chair.... and need higher frame, getting to old haha its like sitting in a kart, cant get up anymore after a stint

I've strengthened my gt omega art quite a bit, using 25x25mm square tubing bolted through the original tubing with long M6 bolts and nyloc nuts. Got the tubing cheap on amazon, they're actually sold as table legs. :)
I've also replaced a lot of the connecting hardware with better quality ones, you're right when you say the quality is atrocious. I'd never buy a rig from them again, it's just cheap Chinese junk that they sell at premium prices. And my rs9 seat is splitting along some of the seams. I have plans to replace it with a Sparco seat when it gets too bad.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Precision, just like a real race car. The stiffer you can make it, the more precision you can gain.
But yeah, that’s exactly what I drove for years
Me too, I started with an old Ikea desk that my daughters used to do their homework when they were younger. In the end, before I bought my Rig, it had more holes than a Swiss cheese from mounting different things, no drawers anymore (built a tray for the shifter where they went), and had to be stiffened all over the place with metal Strips, because eventually the Ikea quality started to come through in a bad way :)

Upvote 0
Hey, sometimes Ikea actually makes good stuff! The Poang chair for example, its legendary in simracing bodge jobs. When I build my rig, I went searching for a tablet holder for my 'button box'. I never found anything that was cheap and good until I went through Ikea with my wife (the relationship test) and found a wooden tablet holder which was perfect for the job. Price? £1,5. So dont knock on Ikea! Sometimes Swedes get something right...

:D

Upvote 0

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 93 7.7%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 129 10.6%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 173 14.3%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 341 28.1%