GT Omega Art (Rig)

M

Mikko Lashay

• Mikko Lashay

Hello guys, I am thinking about buying this rig. Anybody have it? I would appreciate any info regarding the stability and solidity of the rig. How does it compare to the GT Omega Pro rig in terms of those two? Cost wise they are quite close.

I don't know anything about them, but they certainly seem well enough built. I may be shopping for a cockpit later this year, I'll have to book mark this one. I've been looking at the RaceRoom RR2000.

Upvote 0
  • Mikko Lashay

Thanks Blkout. It is a relatively new rig so maybe I will wait a bit, otherwise I see myself buying the Pro one. If you decide the RR2000, don't forget to buy the additional stiffening profiles.

Upvote 0
I would go for the GT Omega Evo personally, you won't go wrong with it for the money, I have NOT tried the Pro or Art version tho tbh...

I have the Evo right here (typing this message sat in it in fact) and it is my seat of choice, I have sat in and tried many options over the years and have a couple of different frames in my office as well, I have an after market Cobra Daytona seat in my Evo tho because I sit in it all day every day pretty much !

Upvote 0
Hello guys, I am thinking about buying this rig. Anybody have it? I would appreciate any info regarding the stability and solidity of the rig. How does it compare to the GT Omega Pro rig in terms of those two? Cost wise they are quite close.

Been asking myself the exact same question:
from looking at it
the biggest pro of the ART rig is the adjustability while the PRO rig looks a tad more sturdy

Upvote 0
  • Mikko Lashay

My height is average so I wouldn't have major difficulties with adjustability I guess, while some minor issues wouldn't bother me after a while, I believe.

I have found out that both Pro and Evo are very popular and strong, and of course Mark's recommendation on this subject is 100% reliable (heavy testing), but anyway I took the risk and next Friday I'll have it here and post some pictures or even some play video to give some feedback to you.

So far, I have found this video:

Upvote 0
Looking more closely at the design of the Art I don't think you could possibly go wrong with it, price point seems similar across the board as well, just makes the choice more difficult tho I guess.

The ART appears to have a slightly more substantial wheel deck tho, which could be a bonus, if there is a tiny weakness it is in that area on the Evo, you could if you were rough maybe twist that bar/wheel plate on the Evo, the trade off is that fact you have potential for flex in the uprights where the wheel deck slides in and out of the lower part to give you the adjustment, I have a similar problem with another cockpit I have here (which I will not name right now), the tiniest movement in that area amplifies massively by the time you get to the wheel rim.

Upvote 0
  • Mikko Lashay

I've ordered the ART rig, anybody got this?
No problems here, I would say it is stable, comfotable, very adjustable, goodlooking yes, portable and light maybe. I haven't tried other rigs before but there is nothing on this one to make me regret the purchase.

Upvote 0
Just got the art, really liking it. Strange, how come i never heard anyone mention that the Clubsport v2 acts like a butt kicker. The vibrations go through the frame into the sit, feels really nice.
Could only imagine what a DD wheels would be like. I was about to order a new buttkicker since my amp is dead, maybe not now.

Upvote 0

Latest News

Are you buying setups?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Back