GT Omega Art missing parts(?)

I had a GT Omega stand and I ordered the seat frame+an R6 seat in order to transform my stand to a full cockpit.
Back in time I remember having hard times putting everything together as the instructions were very limited.
When I finished the assembly I had two black metal rods that didn't seem to fit anywhere so I put them back in the box.
Now I look others folks GT Omega Art cockpits in the forums and I realize that my cockpit is missing two metal rods(black arrow in the picture)
1592119040714.png

The two pieces I have spare are predrilled and smaller than the ones in the picture.
That makes me think that I most probably have swaped them with the orizontal ones(red arrow).
I have to disassemble and check when I find the time.
My concern is that that there no holes or an evident attaching points in my stand in order to place the vertical support metal pieces.
In plus, when I searched in the web for Gt Omega Art assembly videos I found out that nobody had to attach these metal rods as they were pre-installed(probably welded?).

Can you help me identify what's the case with my cockpit?
Do I have an older version?
Or maybe because I bought my cockpit in two phases? Is it possible that the GT Omega stand is not coming with the vertical support when you buy it alone and the pieces are only added by GT Omega when it comes with full package as a cockpit?

Thank you

I have the Art cockpit and it does come with the monitor vertical mounting struts (your black arrow) that are welded to the wheel base struts. From what I can see on google the original wheel stand does not come with these.

Upvote 0

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 291 15.3%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 200 10.5%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 197 10.4%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 143 7.5%
  • < 5 years