AC GT Multiclass @ Watkins Glen - Sunday 23rd January 2022

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event

Interslice

Staff
Premium
Welcome to the RD Assetto Corsa Racing Club. This coming Sunday we're heading to Watkins Glen, for some GT multiclass racing!!

Join us!

This is the place to be for relaxed, friendly racing and our events are open to everybody from rookies to the seasoned pros. You will always find people around your level to battle with, so jump on in! If you need any help don't hesitate to ask on discord before the race, or right here on the forum... there's no such thing as a stupid question!

All premium members using their full real name in the forum, race servers and discord can sign up for this event. We have limited slots so sign up below and make sure to tag fellow community members who you think are up for a challenge!

Not a premium member yet but interested to race with our group of friendly drivers? Click here and here to learn how you can participate as well.

Need a warm-up or want to start online racing at a gentler pace? There is an MX-5/Audi TT multi-class every Wednesday. We also run a practice server all week for both events.

Watkins-Glen-Chicane-1992.a9052ed914c191f8c852a1db886ff1e6.png

• Practice Server: #12 (Available throughout the race week)
  • Race server: Simracing.gp - Frankfurt
  • 20:00 CET, 19:00 UTC | 1 hour 20 minutes - Official Practice
  • 21:20 CET, 20:20 UTC) | 20 minutes - Qualification (SEE POST #3)
  • 21:40 CET, 20:40 UTC) | 60 minutes - Race

Cars:

DLC is required for this event

GT3
GT4

Event details:
  • Track: Watkins Glen Boot, NY, USA
  • Pit stop: Mandatory (Between 10 and 50 minutes)
  • Track Temps: 20C air/26C track
  • Track Condition: Clear, Improving grip, Light wind
  • Damage: 10%
  • Assists: Factory
  • Standing Start: Jump Start = Drive through penalty
  • Further info on simracing.gp

Useful Links:

Last edited by a moderator:
A message to all Drivers

If you run off track, you must check to see that its clear before you re enter the track. Do not just keep the throttle pinned and pull back on track.
On re-entering the track stay off the racing line until you are up to race speed and do not block any fast approaching car.

Always try to re-enter the track parallel to the racing line.

When joining the track from the pits, remain inside the white line and stay off the racing line until you are up to speed.

During qualification, do not race on your out lap, let other drivers by.

Golden Rule
  1. If you hit somebody, sending them off the track and carry on like nothing happened, you take the risk of being banned for 30 days.
  2. Instead, you should always wait for the affected drivers, and that way you can be 100% sure you will not get a ban.
Track limits
  1. No more than 2 wheels over the white/yellow line without a lift of the gas please.
    You will be penalized if you break our rules
Note: Please use your full real name in Discord. Not doing so may result in you being kicked from the server if an admin cannot identify you as a premium member.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

• General video guide to multiclass racing - Click here
  • It is the responsibility of faster cars to safely overtake slower cars. When a faster car is overtaking a slower car (a car in a different class), whether a blue flag is being shown to the slower car or not, the slower car should be predictable and remain on the racing line. The faster car should execute the overtake only when it is safe to do so.
  • If a faster car is lapping another car in the same class, the normal gentleman's rule applies; some cooperation may be required to facilitate the overtake, usually a slight lift at the start of a straight. Please be sensible.
  • Separate qualification runs will happen for GT3 and GT4 classes. First 10 minutes for GT3, second 10 minutes for GT4. GT4 cars must not exit the pits before 10 minutes have elapsed. GT3 must not start a lap after 10 minutes have elapsed. You may be kicked from the server by race control if you ignore this rule.
  • All other Racing Club Rules still apply to this event.
  • Discord is highly recommended for all club races.

Last edited:
I would like to join the event :)
Looking to join. Thx

Pat
Me too Brian:thumbsup:
Same here please :)

Love Watkins Glen. One of my favorite tracks and one of the few in the game I can actually go to in person :D:thumbsup:
I am in please :thumbsup:
Entry password please! :) Thank you for organising
This will be a great race! I’m in with the GT4 (possibly). :)
Count me in with the Z4 please!

Welcome gents, PM on the way!

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 74 7.3%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 106 10.4%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 146 14.4%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 279 27.5%