AC GT Multiclass @ TT Assen - Sunday 5th December 2021

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Fun battle for #2-5 in the GT4s those first 5-10 laps. I only touched sand once, but I never got that gap back (except for a bit when Han and Brian pitted and I pretended I was P2 in GT4 :D) Good consistent driving ahead :thumbsup:

Tried to hold my line as best I could in those corners GT3s, but the rear end of the Maserati likes to dance a little, so apologies if I seemed to push anyone wide or cut off. Thanks for waiting for the straights or wide corners most the time. I know how not fun it is to not be at your limit and staring at a slower cars butt :laugh:

Not sure what others did in pit stops, but I think I underestimated how long just tires take and probably could have finished the race on 1 pair, and splashed some fuel instead. Still have a bit of learning to do with pitting :geek:. That said, the tire change and my luck with traffic managed to get me below 1:46 and do a PB on my final lap, so that was cool.

Not sure I can make Sebring mid week, but should be there Sunday!

Congrats to the winners and thanks again for setting it all up and the clean race.

Last edited:
A relatively quiet race for me; I was happy to get into the 37's in qualifying just behind Ernie and a good start had us going side by side into T1. As I was on the inside I yielded and was happy to sit in behind Ernie's GTR as he set about Thomas in the Macca.
I managed to hang on to Ernie for a couple of laps but the pace was always going to be a bit too much for me in the Z4 as my race was with the Ferrari's and GTR's behind and I was managing my tyres. So happy to finish in P4 and I am learning more and more with the GT3 class every race.
One thing I am very conscious of is the overtakes on the GT4's, I try to overtake where it will impact the least on the GT4 but it is not easy, so apologies if I did squeeze anyone a bit too much.
On the subject of overtaking, Chris @Chris Down-I watched your TCR race at Mugello, boy, did you have to get your elbows out there!! Well done on sticking at it, intense pressure just watching it! :D

Many thanks to Brian for setting this up and congrats to the podiums, especially Tim with another impressive performance in GT4. :thumbsup:

Nice race for sunday evening at last your sign up.
Very fun track and car, and would like more drivers in same class.
First part of race very fun with some great batlles all the way. Stoped for tires and fuel when was closing down to Richard and we leave pits that same way.
Then i had some "trouble" with de GT4´s wich took me 3 times out of track, and lost contact to Richard, unfortunatly cause the best was yet to come.
I appollogise to GT4 if i did some agressive moves but sometimes the differenc in pace was so huge that surprised me (first time in this mod race).
Despite the incidents, in general matthers the GT4 did easy for overtake so congrats for it.
Grats to the winner and all that made to show up.
Grats to make this possible for us to race.

Last edited:
It was a really difficult circuit for the GT3 and GT4. Slow corners and acceleration out of them they were very difficult to eventually get into a safe overtake, fast corner were the GT3 downforce made a difference they were in the way with not enough straights to make a safe overtake.
on acceleration only.
That was even true of the long straight, blocked on the narrow corners leaving just enough straight for a reasonable, and with some help from the GT4 to make a clean overtake.
So I think you should all congratulate your selves, both GT3 and GT4 cars on an hour of very good racing with relatively few incidences, some were in very difficult situation due to just the bad luck of timings between classes, nothing anyone can do about that. :)

It was a really difficult circuit for the GT3 and GT4. Slow corners and acceleration out of them they were very difficult to eventually get into a safe overtake, fast corner were the GT3 downforce made a difference they were in the way with not enough straights to make a safe overtake.
on acceleration only.
That was even true of the long straight, blocked on the narrow corners leaving just enough straight for a reasonable, and with some help from the GT4 to make a clean overtake.
So I think you should all congratulate your selves, both GT3 and GT4 cars on an hour of very good racing with relatively few incidences, some were in very difficult situation due to just the bad luck of timings between classes, nothing anyone can do about that. :)
Hey Ernie, no Bimmer for you tomorrow? https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...hlands-long-tuesday-7th-december-2021.211961/

Last edited:
Great race and wasn’t ‘boring’ even at the back of the GT4 field. My fight was with @FabianoRL and Pat but some self-induced spins kept me from getting beyond last place for much of the race.

Kudos to all the GT3 cars for their overtakes. The fights between Fabiano, Pat and myself were not disturbed too much. The only “issue” I witnessed was one GT3 bullying through the final chicane which caused Pat some distress and allowed an easy overtake for me. A bit more patience would have been better but overall it was very civil.

@FabianoRL apologies for the bump to the rear early on. I did wait but that kind of ended our fighting with the rest of the field.

Congrats @Chris Down and @Fiberoptix for the class wins. Epic driving Tim, couldn’t believe I was being lapped. :confused:

An enjoyable evening spin for the most part. I'd a great launch and was straight away in behind tim in P2 from starting P4. Unfortunately @Taj Johal spun his italian on my line in oserbroeken and i had to go outside... went back down to P5... Always the way. Had some great early battles with @Alfred Wayne to eventully catch back up to @HF2000.

In clean air i was following han ok for the middle of the race, with the odd half sniff at an over take, but came of the worse for a few GT3 passes. Eventually got pushed off by one of them giving han an easy finish.

Would agree with @Kek700 that it's not the best multiclass track. It was nervy enough driving the GT4s with a GT3 in the mirrors, more than usual.

Thanks to all who took part and congrats to Tim and Chris!

Nice race! In the start I lost a place to Robert but after a good fight I managed to pass him. Tim was in a league of his own and Brian was catching me after he had also passed Robert. Don't know if this track suited the Masers better but I couldn't match the laptimes of Tim or Brian. In the replay in the cockpit of Brian it looks like the Maser turns better in the fast corners.
Anyway, I was hard trying to hold Brian off and it's only that the Cayman has a better acceleration after a turn that I could keep him behind me. After a not so nice overtake from a GT3 with contact Brian went on to the sand and I got a gap comfortable enough to drive careful to the end.
Happy with 2nd and a high consistency this race. My new rig isn't making me faster but it looks like my consistency is improved by it.

Congrats to the podium! And Tim: for me you're now official an alien. 1.44! Come on:confused:!

Last edited:
I definitely got more comfortable being passed on this track as the race went on (or at least learned where I didn't want to be passed lol), but I swear I heard the Jaws theme song playing as Chris got bigger in my rear-view for that first blue flag/pass :roflmao:

And we sure Tim wasn't up there driving with a GT3.5? :p

Last edited:
That race was good fun.

Apologies to Fabio for the bump on the fist lap.

I could have done better, it was one of my most inconsistent drives in a while. I had a chance to keep my qualifying place to the finish, except for some stupid spins. I even lost it in the pit entry. Blah :(Sloppy.:O_o:

I should have been able to hold Logan off, but as he mentioned on the last lap a GT3 pushed through coming out of the chicane and Logan was right on his tail and took advantage of my slow exit.

Congrat's to all the winners and thanks for hosting. the caravan is loaded up and heading the UK for the next round of the Euro's. :)

Last edited:

Latest News

How long have you been simracing

• < 1 year

Votes: 347 15.5%
  • < 2 years

Votes: 241 10.8%
  • < 3 years

Votes: 239 10.7%
  • < 4 years

Votes: 177 7.9%
  • < 5 years