AC GT Multiclass @ Road America - Saturday February 27th 2016

Assetto Corsa Racing Club event
Sadly, I won't be able to join you guys tonight. I'm having some technical issues. I can't get assetto corsa to launch the track. Every time I hit start it black screens then goes back to the previous screen.
I know I had this problem before but, I can't seem to figure it out this time. Sucks. :(:thumbsdown:

Figured it out, Of course 10 min after the race started. Should have known it was a conflict with Corsair software. Shut down my wireless headset and, figured I try it one last time. Guess what? Its worked like a charm. Really sucks I was looking forward to this race all week. :(:thumbsdown::poop:

DA897B99688143BB6606B269C624D0D17DDA624D

It actually can do 204 MPH when in a freefall.

If anyone saw a rouge arrow, this was why.

As the field got spread out I thought about throwing a full course yellow and bunch us up under the safety car but...this is what went through my mind as I saw @Discovery.Tv closing the gap on @Sun Levi with three laps to go:

bfda140028003431d9ebe3a82bb377f7.jpg

godzilla-2014-09c.gif

Another awesome race, thank you for organizing it! Glad I woke up.
Initially, my plan was to do a long run on M then switch to S, but everyone started to pit early and I didn't had balls to do it. :D
@Sun Levi Indeed, awesome close battle. You had a great pace :)
@Cristian Haba You had me first couple of laps, great driving overall!
Looking forward for great events like this one!

What a great learning experience that race. Had to restart the pc just as qualifying started and my mic wasn't working-then just as we started to grid Ryan was kind enough to point out I was on soft tires. Made the mistake of grabbing a setup for the Nordschleife on accident! Alas, a setup from God himself wouldn't have made me fast enough to run at the front! Good times nonetheless and plenty to work on for the next time-

Good to know @Matt Byers that you enjoyed it despite being a bit off the pace. If it's any consolation, I ran an almost completely default setup (I only took off one click of rear wing) so I know I had no hope of catching the guys in front of me. In try-hard mode I could probably have taken the fight to @Gerbuho and @St3fan but it would have been a tall order. I'm at that 100+ hours mark in AC though so I'm starting to get comfortable with setups if I have the time to do it properly.

It's OK though as, in my experience, learning follows a curve similar to the law of diminishing returns:

figure1.jpg

You hit certain milestones early on time along the X-axis with your relative speed on Y compared to the aliens. Eventually, you hit 100 hours in AC and your improvements start to drop and you start finding speed by making your own setups that fit what you need and augment your driving style. Only once you're nailing every braking point and sniping every apex consistently and most of your speed comes from hitting an optimum line and picking up throttle earlier and earlier will a setup really benefit. There are benefits to making minor changes (aero, gearing, tire pressures) but focus on your lines first and foremost. It will take time to master but if you pay attention to the aliens, they almost never miss an apex or a braking zone. It seems obvious, but that is a part of why they're so fast. Once you hit the 200 hour mark you're really moving and starting to fight for podiums behind the monsters.

The important part is you're on the track. Hot lapping by yourself on a clear sunny track with 100% track grip can only teach you so much. I learned that lesson after the first time someone tucked under my wing and I completely forgot how to drive properly for some reason. Some fast guys out there fall to pieces the moment someone fills their mirror. They're fast, but they can't race! I have often broken my personal best times while being chased by someone. It's good motivation to find speed :roflmao:. You can learn a lot here so keep it up! Don't be afraid to speak up on TS. I'm sure anyone would be willing to ride along in your car and help out and if not, ask me. I will.

Last edited:

Latest News

Online or Offline racing?

• 100% online racing

Votes: 103 7.9%
  • 75% online 25% offline

Votes: 134 10.3%
  • 50% online 50% offline

Votes: 189 14.5%
  • 25% online 75% offline

Votes: 366 28.0%
  • 100% offline racing